Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obscure Node

Reviews of Steam Games

Hi everyone, I've started a review blog for Steam games, with the catch being that we can only write 100 words on each game. We've already got around 50 reviews published, and I'm looking for other people to maybe write some reviews as well. So please, take a look and see what you think. I'd appreciate any comments you have about it. Thanks, Matt.

www.mattdoeswords.blogspot.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    That's a good idea! I always thought someone should do something like a First Impressions of every single demo on Steam, and this is kind of like that, so that's fun. Having only skimmed through it at work for a bit, I can say that I like the format lots -- but I haven't looked closely enough to see if I agree with the reviews for the few games I've played. =)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

How do we submit reviews and the like? Do we get in touch?

Network Hub
    Why specifically games available on Steam? Surely it should be PC games in general?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Abacus Finch View Post
    How do we submit reviews and the like? Do we get in touch?
    Add me on Steam - siebenauf. Everyone else just emails them to me.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    Why specifically games available on Steam? Surely it should be PC games in general?
    Because it started off as me going through my Steam catalogue, and everyone else who's started writing is following the same principle.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    That's a good idea! I always thought someone should do something like a First Impressions of every single demo on Steam, and this is kind of like that, so that's fun. Having only skimmed through it at work for a bit, I can say that I like the format lots -- but I haven't looked closely enough to see if I agree with the reviews for the few games I've played. =)
    Thank you very much for your comments :D I do mean to play the games a bit longer, but I just can't sometimes.

Banned
    hey great job i agreed with all the reviews

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    hey great job i agreed with all the reviews
    Thanks for looking :D

Banned
    needs some kind of index. I recommend this site highly i went through the whole thing

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    needs some kind of index. I recommend this site highly i went through the whole thing
    Thanks so much. Which reviews did you enjoy the most? There is a history of all the blog posts on the right. I'm not sure if you can have a separate index page with Blogger though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I dig the idea. You should italicize game titles, not use quotes. Also, scores? Bleah.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I dig the idea. You should italicize game titles, not use quotes. Also, scores? Bleah.
    Thanks for this, I was never really sure what to do with them, as you can most probably tell. And what's wrong with scores? It is the 90s, right?

It's actually a rather nice idea. I might even bookmark it :)
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    It's actually a rather nice idea. I might even bookmark it :)
    Thanks so much, what a great comment to wake up to!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I did only one review and that one was for first Kane and Lynch when it came out. Here it is if you want to use it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/Th...eview&id=68845

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Tis a nice idea and I think more reviews would benefit from a time played indicator but whilst I agree with the relative scoring on the majority, there are enough conclusions that differ quite radically from my own opinion.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    I think there's a definite niche in our TLDR age for this concept. Already bookmarked and hope to make use of it for future Steam purchases.

Have you plugged this on the Steam forums yet?
    Last edited by Winged Nazgul; 16-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I think there's a definite niche in our TLDR age for this concept. Already bookmarked and hope to make use of it for future Steam purchases.

Have you plugged this on the Steam forums yet?
    Thanks for your comment. Any games you'd like to see us review? Yeah, I posted the same thing on the Steam forums yesterday evening and combined with this post the blog has received over 1000 views over the past ~18 hours, which I am amazed by.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Only games I can think of are Stacking and Costume Quest. I'm probably going to get them at some point when I feel the price is right but interested in your opinions.

I wouldn't go out of my way to ask review ideas, though. If you're anything like me, you probably have plenty of titles in your Steam library for future reviews.