Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Only games I can think of are Stacking and Costume Quest. I'm probably going to get them at some point when I feel the price is right but interested in your opinions.

I wouldn't go out of my way to ask review ideas, though. If you're anything like me, you probably have plenty of titles in your Steam library for future reviews.
    I do have Costume Quest, I shall add it to my list. My Steam catalogue has over 350 titles, so I am a bit spoiled for choice. That was one of the reasons for starting the blog, to make me actually play the games I've amassed.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I did only one review and that one was for first Kane and Lynch when it came out. Here it is if you want to use it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/Th...eview&id=68845
    Thanks for the offer, but I think it's one or two words over my 100 word limit :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Steam seems to be releasing indi games and unannounced games the last couple of months I've never heard of, it would be cool to see those covered. :)
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    I do like picking up some random indie games, and I'll make sure that I get around to reviewing them all.

New review today - Titan Attacks, and loads more over the past few weeks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    This is genuinely a Good Idea.

There are loads of cheapo games that pop up on Steam, and having a quick reference to go to to see if they're within my interests would be useful.

And so I echo others in highly suggesting a 'browse' option or an index...

Edit: Just noticed the index...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Yeah, I regularly visit the site to see if there's something about games that are of interest to me.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

I see that TF2, L4D2, HL2 and Portal 2 all got 10/10. Steam 'fanboi' much? :P

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I see that TF2, L4D2, HL2 and Portal 2 all got 10/10. Steam 'fanboi' much? :P
    Hahahaha! I think you mean Valve fanboi. Which I am, but only because they keep making amazing games :)

Quote Originally Posted by siebenauf View Post
    Hahahaha! I think you mean Valve fanboi. Which I am, but only because they keep making amazing games :)
    That they do. Still I don't think any of them are perfect. Maybe Portal 2. But I guess if we look at the scores as a range of how much you should check said game out, 10/10 being "you must check it out", then the scores would be right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    That they do. Still I don't think any of them are perfect. Maybe Portal 2. But I guess if we look at the scores as a range of how much you should check said game out, 10/10 being "you must check it out", then the scores would be right.
    L4D2 especially wasn't perfect, nor was Portal 2. But of course the standard response for 10/10 is "I should probably get this" or "Biased" while anything sub 8 is crap and anything 1/10 is really crap/biased.

Activated Node
    How about just reviewing all scene releases as they come out?

Do you write reviews for indie games?
    City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by wuwul View Post
    How about just reviewing all scene releases as they come out?
    I would love to do that, but I lack the required funds. Unless this is an offer to buy me every single game that's released on Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEthan View Post
    Do you write reviews for indie games?
    We're reviewing all the games we own on Steam, but it just so happens we're mostly reviewing our indie games at the moment, as most people already know about the AAA titles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Cool idea. Is it possible to make the index sort by different columns?
    Maybe a thumbs up/thumbs down would be better than 1/10?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    Cool idea. Is it possible to make the index sort by different columns?
    Maybe a thumbs up/thumbs down would be better than 1/10?
    I have no idea how I would do that, it took me long enough to learn the HTML to make the table in the first place.

I wish I had started with a binary review system, or maybe a Play/Try/Miss. But now we're over 100 reviews in, I think it's a bit too late.

Bioshock
    Last edited by siebenauf; 18-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hello again, we're having a little logo designing competition. Please come and vote on the image that will become my logo.

http://mattdoeswords.blogspot.co.uk/...-showdown.html