Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    It's pathetic because they promised a good port for the first Borderlands, didn't deliver, didn't fix most of the problems and never even acknowledge they fucked up. Then they realized the game sold like hotcakes regardless and suddenly they're PC gamers best friends.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're finally getting a good game but their attitude IS pathetic
    I understand you are pissed about how they screwed up with the first game, and (apparently) screwed up damage control and generally failed to act like decent people afterwards. And I see how that was pathetic.

But I don't see anything wrong or pathetic so far in what they are doing surrounding the BL2 launch. Is the robot letter positing them as "PC gamers best friends" whose shit doesn't stink? To the contrary, the letter (humorous as it may be) acknowledges that they fucked up the last time, are not in good standing with the PC crowd, and want to do better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    And "Smart Matchmarking" is a console thing that almost always never work. Because a computer is never smart.
    I'm not going to argue on there not being a server browser, but matchmaking with skill is possible, definitely. There's not a lot on it, but Xbox Live has some algorithms that analyse, well, a lot. Much more than we may realise. With Halo: Reach, Bungie talked about how they then built on top of that their own algorithms. It wasn't perfect, but 95% of the time I played, it was with people who were around about my skill, definitely. I'm sure they did a dev blog on this, but I wouldn't want to go sifting through all the pages.

What I'm saying is, it's possible, but no, it's not usually accomplished.