Network Hub

Ace of Spades: a Minecrafty multiplayer shooter

'Build your battlefield, engineer your assault'
    Ace of spades is a free game that takes the freedom of Minecraft and plonks it into a first person, team based shooter. The emphasis is on tunnelling and defence building, in that every player has an arsenal of blocks and every existing one is removable.

Download Ace of Spades now its awesome, free and runs on any PC. Its the best bits of Minecraft crossed with the fast-paced shooter gameplay of Team Fortress.
    • Build anything defensive positions to fortresses
    • Destroy enemy structures, dropping opponents to their death
    • Use your spade to dig through terrain make trenches or tunnels
    • Massive maps with lakes, rivers and tunnels
    • Realistic rifle, shotgun and SMG including ironsights and recoil
    • Dynamic lighting system based on ambient occlusion
    • Up to 32 players battling simultaneously
    • CTF or Territory Control game modes
    It's great. Anybody fancy a game?

Activated Node
    link ? :)

edit : this message was too short to be displayed by rps auto regulation automatism, hence this edit.

edit 2 : here is a link http://www.ace-spades.com/
    Last edited by vivlo; 17-03-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Network Hub
    I knew I'd forgotten something.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://www.ace-spades.com/

Not entirely sure how the weapons count as "realistic", though - the fact they shoot bullets is about as close to reality as they get!

It was a good game, however I now find everyone playing it seems to be aged 12 and has no idea of how to do anything other than run towards the enemy screaming obscenities. Once you'd forever be hunting people digging under your base - now I find I'm the only one with a spade.

Of course, that means everyone's completely confused when I dig under their flag and run off back down my mile-long tunnel, having never been seen... That bit's still fun!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I played this a lot when RPS first posted about it, it's a fun game but easily ruined by players who want to. Are there any good moderated servers or is it still hit and miss?

I allways felt there was too little of an actual game taped to the good idea.

The weapons feel bad, the minimap is horrible and half the time you run for 5 minutes seeing nobody only to be headshotted by a sniper in a hole.
    Dont get me wrong, i still love it, the idea is great, building and tunneling work well, i just do not enjoy playing it :)

Glad to see this didn't die permanently. I know that hackers basically ruined it about a week into the first wave of publicity, and it was shut down (thankfully, temporarily.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Well I play every now and then and the game is still good fun. People sucks compared to early beta and custom maps ruined the tunnel/camping gameplay but other than that...

The weapons feel bad, the minimap is horrible and half the time you run for 5 minutes seeing nobody only to be headshotted by a sniper in a hole.
    As bad as this guy here. This is not Quake 3. Weapons feel great. Minimap is useless, even now that they improved it.