Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Space Hulk FPS leaked, powered by UE4 and developed by Streum On Studio

http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/l...-40k-universe/

Thoughts? I quite liked EYE but IMO that game would've benefited from a more directed campaign instead of trying to cash on the coop craze. Hopefully this one will fix that

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    co-produced by Cyanide Studio
    Oh, good. At least it won't be buggy this time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Ah i expected more from leaked images, Would not bang. 3/10.

I... I have no response to that. I think I have to sit down for a bit and ponder why any of the involved parties thought this to be a good idea.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Maybe if you ram enough bugs into software it overflows and rolls back down to 0.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I don't know what to think of this. On the one hand it could actually turn out decent, on the other it will probably be horrible.
    But where did he come from, this fleck of spite in an abandoned paradise?

As someone with only a superficial knowledge of Warhammer, the over-the-top melting pot sci-fi of EYE: Divine Cybermancy leads me to think Streumon (not Streum On) is actually a pretty good fit for making a Warhammer game.
    Last edited by LTK; 25-08-2013 at 09:49 PM.

I wonder if it's possible for this game to be about as broken as Big Rigs. I mean, they have a good start with the dev and publisher. All they need is QA from Bethesda and they're set for life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    >implying EYE isn't just thinly disguised Warhammer 40k fan-fiction

These guys are perfect for a 40k game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    http://www.lightninggamingnews.com/l...-40k-universe/

Thoughts? I quite liked EYE but IMO that game would've benefited from a more directed campaign instead of trying to cash on the coop craze. Hopefully this one will fix that
    E.Y.E is the best warhammer 40K game, my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Not interested in an FPS of a board game where the fun of the game comes from the tension created by the mechanics of the board game, which I see as being next to impossible to recreate by putting it in a first person perspective.

However, E.Y.E was batshit and great for it, it felt like you where an Inquisitor or an agent of one in that game.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

A Space Hulk FPS could only really work if it includes more enemies than Genestealers; I can't see that happening and even then it could only be a linear corridor shooter. Lots of Games Workshop games coming out soon but it seems to me that most of them are little more than shallow cash grabs.

Where is my Rogue Trader exploration game or my Necromunda gangwar? Games Workshops IP could serve as the setting for some truly marvellous games but we never seem to get them.

BFG, Necromunda, Dark Legacy, Inquisitor.

All of these would be better than a Space Hulk FPS.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

ITs sad how many stuff Workshop have and they people buy rights to the same shit all the time,space marines space marine space marines and now SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK ... Imagine detailed single player campaign where you play as young rising hero of orc race or i don't know,maybe Tau race which have all that cool technology.

Possibilities are insane for Warhammer games yet devs fail majority of time with the liscence.

Banned
    There was a Tau: Fire Warrior FPS. On consoles. It was bad.

I am incredibly confused about this because Space Hulk is just... extremely simple and straightforward and I can't see it working as an FPS at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Not interested in an FPS of a board game where the fun of the game comes from the tension created by the mechanics of the board game, which I see as being next to impossible to recreate by putting it in a first person perspective.
    I think a lot of people might actually disagree.

- If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I think a lot of people might actually disagree.
    That was a mix of fps and over head tactical play where you could pause the game to take time on making choices and wasn't as tense or good as the board game.

If they make it an FPS now, you know it'll be something like Dead Space but in first person.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    BFG, Necromunda, Dark Legacy, Inquisitor.

All of these would be better than a Space Hulk FPS.
    Necromunda as either flavour of Xcom would be pretty sweet. Plain old 40K as Xcom or a Jagged Alliance alike would be ace also.

Would love to play as follower of Khorne,all mighty blood god.

blood for the blood god!
    skulls for the skull throne!

deathe to the false emperor!

That was a mix of fps and over head tactical play where you could pause the game to take time on making choices and wasn't as tense or good as the board game.
    So? You asked for a first person perspective. And I am sure again many people would disagree about the lack of tension in the video game.

If they make it an FPS now, you know it'll be something like Dead Space but in first person.
    I never played it, but wasn't Vengeance Of The Blood Angels a pure FPS?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -