Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

Great news everyone, Slightly Mad Studios just announced that Nicolas Hamilton (Lewis Hamilton brother) just joined the project as a handling Consultant!

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    Slightly Mad Studios is delighted to announce the newest contributor to Project CARS as real-life racing driver Nicolas Hamilton has joined the studio as Handling Consultant for the new title.

Nicolas is an excellent fit for Project CARS as his experience combines vast knowledge from racing in the real world and roots in simulation racing, allowing him to understand both sides and effectively help Project CARS fulfil its potential.

Born in Herfordshire, England, in 1992, Nicolas was brought up in the motorsports world alongside older brother Lewis. Born with Cerebral Palsy, Nicolas has always made sure this wouldn’t stop him from pursing his passion for racing.

After a first try of karting at the age of 7, Nicolas’ racing career kicked into higher gear in 2010 when he impressed everyone testing a BMW M3 at Palmer Sport. His smooth driving style earned him his MSA Novice Racing License and secured him a seat in the Air Asia Renault Clio Cup where he has been competing ever since.

Aside from making it in the real racing world, Nicolas has also made a name for himself in simulation racing, finishing first in the 2009 SBTCC Championship and racing successful in plenty of other community-organized sim racing events.

Nicolas will be assisting the development team with making the handling in Project CARS as authentic as possible, as well as providing other general feedback.
    Hes pretty good, already set alot of records in several tracks using a different number of cars and i honestly suggest you guys try to beat his records !

And if this wasnt amazing enough, they also announced that Ben Collins is coming back this month! Oh yeah The STIG is back !

More info @ the official forums !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    You'll be able to buy it when its released, bear in mind that it is an unfinished game in every way right now. Not in the way of MMO betas where they still plan to tweak the balance or add some more quests, but in the way that there's work in progress signs over half the game, and many of the options you'd expect from a racing game (such as AI) aren't implemented yet.

I don't really understand why they'd stop accepting more members, but its silly to say you won't be interested in this game when its released in a year's time, just because they won't let you buy it right now.
    Well, it's not definitely. But in a years time I could be anywhere doing anything. So I can't tell really. :/

That is true, no one knows where or what they will be doing in a year from now. :)

A new trailer with multiplayer footage recorded ingame has been released, produced by the community member Jonz, it showcases some amazing races that have been happening lately in Project CARS.

The developers also announced the winners from the Thrustmaster contest, go check if you are one of the lucky winners !

Activated Node
    Seems that new investors cannot join the project now. Bummer, I wanted to try this game out.

There will be a chance to join soon, there was a recent poll about having a 2 day opening for new members to join in, since they have been spammed with requests to participate on the project, that the community decided to allow and as soon the dates are announced i will post them here.

So subscribe the thread to keep up with the news :)

Activated Node
    Ooh. Been looking forward to this.

Activated Node
    Thanks for that bit of news friend. I will keep my ear to the ground.

Hi there everyone,

Been a while since my last post and alot have happened in the meanwhile, but before heading into the good news heres a bad one, the Project CARS - 2 day opening that has been spoken to allow new members has been delayed for a while due to external circumstances.
    As soon as theres some updates on this matter be sure that i will come here and tell you guys, so be sure to subscribe this thread!

So lets head to the good news!

- The STIG is back from his adventures and along with Nicolas Hamilton have been helping the developers improve the physics on many cars, it is still far from finished but showing a huge progress already!
    - A new track has been added to the current available list - Emirates Raceway - Dubai Autodrome
    - The Ford GT40 MkIV has been added recently to the list
    - Wet effects added to many tracks
    - The Community liveries from the Z4 Contest have been added ingame and are now available to select
    - The M1 Procar livery contest had alot of submissions from the Community and the voting currently is underway, be sure to vote in your favorite livery!
    - Soft-stop and other steering wheel improvements have been checked in
    And much more !! (wouldnt fit in here)

Oh and as you know, the best is usually left for last... so heres a bombshell still hot (announced just now) that any racing fan will enjoy:

Solitude Rennstrecke - Pre-alpha export!

That's right guys, the first export just came out a few minutes ago and it will be available soon to every Project CARS members!

The legendary Solitude races began in 1903 with a hillclimb sprint for motorcycles starting downtown from Stuttgart’s western railwaystation and finishing up at Solitude castle. A couple of years later the start was moved to Schützenhaus in the suburb Heslach. Until 1924 this was the track for the annual hillclimb race, since 1922 also for sports and race cars. Mercedes from the beginning sent their best racing cars and drivers in every year and at BMW they decided to debut their first racing motorcycles in this already well known race. In 1925 for the first time there was a circuit race ‘Rund um die Solitude’ leading over about 22 km each lap. The circuit was considered as being very demanding and was compared with the famous Targa Florio in Sicily.

Source: www.solitude-revival.org

And thats it for now guys, ill leave you with some media in the meanwhile!

Project CARS - Pagani Huayra Tribute by plm5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tmk7qjwZGY

Community Gallery #41
    Community Gallery #42
    Community Gallery #43

The Project CARS Community wishes everyone a great 2013 !!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanPT View Post
    Been a while since my last post and alot have happened in the meanwhile, but before heading into the good news heres a bad one, the Project CARS - 2 day opening that has been spoken to allow new members has been delayed for a while due to external circumstances.
    As soon as theres some updates on this matter be sure that i will come here and tell you guys, so be sure to subscribe this thread!
    Is that due to the FSA involvement over the way this has been funded/the money has been invested?

Yeah, they want to analyze the way WMD works to see if it is within the rules set by the FSA. Nothing to be worried about since all is within legal.
    It is just a setback since the date for the 2 day opening for new members has to be delayed due to this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Personally, I think anyone that gets a super expensive PC to play a racing game is crazy. It's pointless. I mean, it's about the driving, and an old 2-core Intel chip will run most games...

... that was my opinion until I saw this game! Now all those racers that spend tons on graphics cards and CPUs will have a reason to!

(Oh, I totally agree that racing chairs and wheels make a big difference, even if I can't use them. But this does seem to be the first time the graphics in a racing game are so eye wateringly good, that it would be a crime to play on "low" settings. Not that it makes any difference to the lap times. :) )

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Personally, I think anyone that gets a super expensive PC to play a racing game is crazy. It's pointless. I mean, it's about the driving, and an old 2-core Intel chip will run most games...

... that was my opinion until I saw this game! Now all those racers that spend tons on graphics cards and CPUs will have a reason to!

(Oh, I totally agree that racing chairs and wheels make a big difference, even if I can't use them. But this does seem to be the first time the graphics in a racing game are so eye wateringly good, that it would be a crime to play on "low" settings. Not that it makes any difference to the lap times. :) )
    I spend more time taking screenshots and recording than driving tbh :p

Activated Node
    That was my issue with the last Gran Turismo. Wasn't quite enough 'sim' to keep me interested, but the graphics made for some great shots.

Looking to pick up a new wheel for this and a few others PC games. My Microsoft FFB Wireless 360 wheel just isn't cutting the mustard these days. Trying to get a Logitech Driving Force Pro GT on the cheap at the moment.

Activated Node
    GT5 was the first time I used a nice wheel and pedal setup. Honestly that was the most incredible sensation, so much like driving my own car I loved it instantly. The wheel is only the driving force pro also. I wonder if I should step up to a nice fanatec system.

Fanatec is always a great step up compared with a DFP.
    I have the CSR Elite and i must say its a different world when compared with a G25.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motherpuncher View Post
    GT5 was the first time I used a nice wheel and pedal setup. Honestly that was the most incredible sensation, so much like driving my own car I loved it instantly. The wheel is only the driving force pro also. I wonder if I should step up to a nice fanatec system.
    I went from Driving Force Pro to G27 and the difference was like night and day... And apparently the G27 is a toy compared to the Thrustmaster T500RS or Fanatec CSR-Elite. The CSR-E is probably my next upgrade, if I ever decide to go that far.

Really need to keep up with PCARS updates, I just get put off every time when I get the urge to play and have to sit through 45 minutes of downloading. That Mk. IV is definitely something I want to drive though.

Network Hub
    I wanted to get legit access but they don't allow it any more so I torrented it. Obviously the game is nowhere near complete, feels probably like 40% done missing pretty much everything to make it a game but I cannot complain about that obviously, just not fun to play in the current stage.

I hope they add motorcycles though as there are no motorcycle games anymore and this simulation would be perfect for motorcycles.

Activated Node
    I'd quite like the CSR as I'm also playing a lot of Forza on XBox but it's a struggle to justify that much on a wheel without a decent rig set up.

I tried a Thrustmaster T500RS on a simulator at a Kart event a while back and it felt pretty special.

My dream wheel (ECCI)

Last edited by bad guy; 05-01-2013 at 01:29 PM.