Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

Big News !
    Build 321 for Junior+ is available and it allows Multiplayer for anyone with a Full Member access or above.
    So start updating and join the servers !

Project CARS celebrated 1 year of development today and shown us an amazing new video made by Jonz a community member!
    Last edited by LeviathanPT; 12-10-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Good news!
    Seems like they got FXAA working in pCARS.

LoL actually they do have FXAA and SMAA :p

But that was just a tease for a new track soon to be released Infineon Raceway!

Theres a new video out by Jonz (a community member) showing the new weather and wet track effects!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man how does he get such image quality so smoothly. Looks like a cgi trailer past the 12 second mark.

Recording at a high fps rate.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanPT View Post
    Recording at a high fps rate.
    Well duh, but the game engine uses deferred shading , so there is no msaa support.
    He must have a crazy pc to run at whatever high supersampling res he runs it at. (since the image quality is so high)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It's a video at a much smaller res than the game actually is. Course it look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    It's a video at a much smaller res than the game actually is. Course it look good.
    You can download the full res version from the vimeo link ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Ooh yeah, not to say I don't think it looks amazing. Is there rain on the windshield now?

Not yet they are adding some components during this week so hopefully friday the gumpert at least will have them.

Big news everyone, RUF just joined Project CARS!
    Project CARS will include four of Ruf’s icnonic German sports cars, bringing both a true classic and three current RUF models to the title.

1987 RUF CTR “Yellowbird”
    Based on the Porsche 911 3.2, the 1987 CTR „Yellowbird“ is one of Ruf’s most iconic models.

2012 RUF CTR 3
    20 years later, Ruf continued their famous CTR range with a new model as the third-generation CTR was unveiled in Bahrain in 2007.

2012 RUF Rt 12R
    The Rt 12R is based on Porsche’s 997 platform as Ruf once again cut no corners to create a stunning driving machine.

2012 RUF RGT-8
    Based on the brand new Porsche 991 model, the RGT-8 will be the first Porsche 911 body car to not be powered by the traditional flat six engine.

The developers also announced that they recently received a contact from a big German manufacturer interested in having their cars in Project CARS, the developers havnt said much more than this but the speculation is starting to rise @ the official forums !

More info @ the official website!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Is it possible to get full camera control in replays somehow?

Yes, you can press ctrl+f and then use WASD and mouse to "fly" around.
    You can find other features and keys here http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...e-beauty-shots

I got access to pcars a week ago for 10. It looks great 'n all but I was expecting more from the driving physics. They feel totaly simplified to me. This annoys me because that is the core of a racing game. Good thing I didn't spend more. I have alot more fun in driving in netKar and LFS. Maybe I'll look at it again when I build a new rig to see it in DX11, but I doubt I'll really be playing it much.

Yeah it may feel really off since the Junior builds are really old, it has progressed much more since then.
    Lets see if they release 340 today for the Juniors so you can try the new tire model and experience improved physics :)

Project CARS - Build 340 - Juniors+ Released!

You can see the changes @ this thread.

Its available for everyone, dont forget you need to enable -seta in order to be able to try the new tire model physics. (ignore the use3dscene command it aint needed anymore)

Cool, thanks for the info!

No problem, but there seems to be some issues with this build. Zonda R and FA physics are broken and also some G27 users been having issues with the calibration. The devs announced that they will release a new build today to address these issues.

I will post again once its out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Last time I tried to play (either last week or the week before) my G27 just wouldn't calibrate, I was so disappointed because before that I hadn't played in about two months... That's a lot of Full Member builds I've missed now. Sad to hear it's still the case, but I'll give it another go when I've gotten round to getting Windows 7 back. XP doesn't like my monitor setup and I haven't installed any drivers yet. Can't be arsed.