Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

Build 341 for Junior Members + is out:

It fixes the issues with the G27 calibration and also the Zonda R no grip issues.

You should try now neema_t, it will probably feel better than before. Also dont forget to use the seta command like shown above in order to try the new tire model :)

Requesting some feedback from the G27 users that experienced problems before @ this thread if you have the chance to answer it would be really appreciated :)
    Last edited by LeviathanPT; 02-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Zonda broken? Nooooo! Not that I could tell. Because I can't drive something that powerful for love nor money. Nor do I have the game. (But did spin a few Zondas in other games :P )
    Is it an open beta? Or only to registered users? I'd like to give this a try. Looks a lot better than what's on consoles at the moment.

As far as I know, it's 10€ minimum to get access.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's not too bad a price. :) Might give it a go.

Just beware that the 10€ version is somewhat limited in terms of tracks and car access.

You can always upgrade in the future tho if you feel like its worth :)

Hey there guys got some huge updates on Project CARS:

Project CARS funding had a huge boost recently and now they are almost €150,000 from reaching the goal of €3.75Million euros! No info has been released yet of what will happen when the value is reached but theres a big chance they will close the funding and also the access to the Pre-Alpha to those that havent registered yet!

Recently it was announced that a major German car manufacturer offered Slightly Mad Studios access to their vehicles, no info has been disclosed about who this manufacturer is but since RUF and BMW are in, it leaves us with Audi, Opel and Mercedes!

Also the 1980 Ford Capri Zakspeed Group 5 is almost ready to be ingame, according to the developers theres a high probability of having this beast ingame this week. Check the amazing looks of this car below, even in a pre-alpha state with missing textures and ambient occlusion it already looks amazing with such refined details like the fully modeled engine!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nice, I can't wait to crash it!

Ahahah :p

The developers just released a preview of the wipers working on the Gumpert in a storm condition where you can see the rain drops being clean out of the windshield ! Looks amazing check it out here! (only for members)

Another member jumped into the trailer making bandwagon and made something pretty sweet . Check out "Drive it" by plm5!

Win Cool Thrustmaster Gear With Project CARS

Slightly Mad Studios & Thrustmaster have just kicked off the newest Project CARS Thrustmaster Hot Lap Competition where everyone can win cool Thrustmaster gear including steering wheels, gamepad controllers and more!

All participants of the competition have the chance to win one of the prizes, you don’t have to be a mega talented racer to walk away with some new hardware so read below on how to enter!

All Project CARS members regardless of membership level are invited to join! Simply fire up Project CARS, click the “Events” button and register a valid time on the Event Leaderboard with the BMW Z4 GT3 at Florence Short.

All members that have posted a valid time will be automatically entered in a random prize draw that everyone can follow live from the SMS offices on 19th November (5pm GMT).

More info @ the official website!

Just went to sign up for Junior today and was told no signups are being accepted. Anyone know what's going on here?

Honestly it's a bit frustrating that everything is on the forums but I can't view those without signing up ...

The funding closed today during the morning, the goal of 3.75M€ is 700€ from being reached and the remaining value is for the existing members that want to upgrade.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanPT View Post
    The funding closed today during the morning, the goal of 3.75M€ is 700€ from being reached and the remaining value is for the existing members that want to upgrade.

Sorry.
    Thanks for the info, but it'd be nice if that was mentioned somewhere on the site. The error even suggests trying again later ...

I have mentioned it when there was 150k left here at the forums, and a press announcement will come out soon.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanPT View Post
    I have mentioned it when there was 150k left here at the forums, and a press announcement will come out soon.

Sorry.
    The problem is that without being able to sign up for the forums all this stuff is hidden away. In general I've found that to be an issue with the WMD / PCars site.

Could you not just open up read-only access to certain forums so people can see this stuff without a signup?

But the forums when you try to register mention that the registrations are closed and so does the toolpack purchase.

I cant do much im not a developer, just a community member.

Fair enough, thought you were a bit more embedded than you are!

I have been trying to weigh up buying in for a month or two now but having to register on the forums just to read the basic information (and having the prices for the memberships so well hidden) had delayed me until last night.

Why close the forum sign ups anyway; surely they could leave those up and just close down the team member registration!

Never mind, I will just have to wait for it to release now; it really does look superb although I'd like to see the collisions/damage model when they finish fixing it up as that's one of the harder things to get right.

Also is the head-turning ala Shift/Shift2 in? I like the helmet cam they have but I don't think I've seen it turn to track the apex of a corner in any of the videos yet.

They are closed just to avoid confusion between the new members that are still trying to register.
    Yes they still have that feature of the helmet cam looking to the apex.

EDIT:

Message from the Developers to everyone who contributed to the project.

Dear Members and Visitors,

Thanks to support from more than 80.000 dedicated members, Project CARS has successfully reached its funding goal of 3.75 Million Euro.

Purchasing and upgrading of tool packs is no longer possible.

All existing members will continue to receive the perks and benefits of their chosen tool packs as the title continues to be developed.

Those of you who missed out on becoming members in time are invited to check wmdportal.com for the latest news on Project CARS. We`re looking forward to everyone giving Project CARS a try once it hits the shelves on 2013 and we hope to welcome you as members of future WMD projects as well.

We wish to thank all our passionate members for making World of Mass Development such an overwhelming success and allowing us to independently fund and develop Project CARS.

The Slightly Mad Studios Team
    Last edited by LeviathanPT; 11-11-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added Thank you message

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah. That'll probably kill any potential this has to capture me as a customer then. If any barrier to purchase is put up, I generally get bored and move onto the next thing. Sorry, it's a busy "market" as such, so many games around. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Ah. That'll probably kill any potential this has to capture me as a customer then. If any barrier to purchase is put up, I generally get bored and move onto the next thing. Sorry, it's a busy "market" as such, so many games around. :P
    You'll be able to buy it when its released, bear in mind that it is an unfinished game in every way right now. Not in the way of MMO betas where they still plan to tweak the balance or add some more quests, but in the way that there's work in progress signs over half the game, and many of the options you'd expect from a racing game (such as AI) aren't implemented yet.

I don't really understand why they'd stop accepting more members, but its silly to say you won't be interested in this game when its released in a year's time, just because they won't let you buy it right now.

Indeed, you may say you are not interested but believe me when its near the release you will be here again :p