Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    This game looks amazing and it sounds really cool.
    Is it going to be on tracks only, or any regular road driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    This game looks amazing and it sounds really cool.
    Is it going to be on tracks only, or any regular road driving?
    Theres 2 p2p roads currently ingame, California Highway which is a coastline road and Azure Coast the Monaco Coastline road are both the tracks more advanced in terms of development, we also have Solitude Rennstreck a track based on a historic road where people used to race on.

Stelvio Pass also has been announced for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanPT View Post
    Theres 2 p2p roads currently ingame...
    What do you mean by p2p roads? Pay to play?
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I thought it meant peer to peer?

But good to know it isn't just race tracks.

edit- pier to pier? :P

Point to Point roads, kinda like what you usually see in a rally game. You start on one point and end on another.

You can watch a video of it here:

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification.

EDIT:

Now, these roads, are they based on real locations? If so, do you have any insight to share on the process taken to translate that into in-game assets? Seems to me like a bevy of reference images and topographical maps would be necessary.
    Last edited by Splynter; 26-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

All of them are based on real locations, they usually use google maps or images that the community supplies as reference :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Does anyone troll with a picture of a giant duck? ;)

My other avatars are even worse.

Hi again, not sure this time where to start with to be honest.. so much has happened recently.

There has been a huge optimization been made to the Madness Engine by the developer Martin Griffiths in order to give a better performance and to kill some annoying bugs that have been haunting us for quite some time.
    Physics have been improved as well in many of the cars currently available and it has been a blast to drive some of them.

Andy Tudor, the Creative Director behind Project CARS did an interview recently for NowGamer where he spoke about the Wii U version and from what I see around the web it has caused a huge ruckus, I advise everyone interested into giving it a read.

The first cut of the SDK/API for Project CARS has also been released, this will allow many developers to create amazing apps to interact with Project CARS.
    Thereís also a lot of hints around the web about Project CARS and Oculus Rift support, recently Andy Tudor posted an intriguing sentence at his Twitter in response to a news post @ VirtualR.
    We may or may not be looking forward to the @Oculus3D ;-) http://www.virtualr.net/oculus-rift-...esting-started Ö #WMDCars #SlightlyMadTeam
    Two new cars coming soon to Project CARS, the 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400 & the Ford Racing Mustang BOSS 302R1, both in a very early stage of development are going to be introduced within the project in order to test their physics, so there wonít be any pictures of it yet to be shown for now, further ahead when they are more complete in terms of visuals you will surely start seeing images/videos of them around the web.

To end this up and since there hasnít been any images to show I leave you with a new trailer by our Community member Plm5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aEl787aDP8
    You can also check the newest gallery @ the official website have fun!

Activated Node
    God the details in this game are staggering.

Network Hub
    Do you need some kind of ridiculous super-PC to run this thing? It looks absurdly gorgeous, but at the same time racing game tend not to have a lot of elements to render at once which may make things less technologically-intensive then they appear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    No, its not too demanding, though it probably won't look that good without a beefy PC. Most of the detail is in the cars, anyway. The backgrounds aren't bad for a racing game but they aren't anywhere near as good as the cars.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Do you need some kind of ridiculous super-PC to run this thing? It looks absurdly gorgeous, but at the same time racing game tend not to have a lot of elements to render at once which may make things less technologically-intensive then they appear.

I wouldn't say you need a ridiculous PC for it to look good. I have an i7 920 @2.4 and a GTX 560ti and it runs around 60 FPS with almost everything high.

You can see how it looks on mine in the screenshot thread: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post278042

Network Hub
    good enough for me. i'm not a big fan of racing games so this might not surprise you racing folks that the screenshots and video trailer is ok for me.
    but hey, this game is impressive enough for a non-racer, who may not be very interested in this genre. that should tell you something.
    this is definitely a good game in the making. i'm sure there are still lots of things to do to improve it.

Hey there everyone, this will be the last update of March so here’s what happened recently in Project CARS.

The Project CARS - API (Application Programming Interface) was released, it allows the game to communicate with third party devices, giving programmers and hardware designers endless possibilities to make their product work with Project CARS.
    The API feeds telemetry & other data to devices such as tachometers, motion simulators, buttkickers, shift lights and much more. Some members been working already in order to get this working with their smartphones and tablets and so far I must say some of their work has been quite impressive for such short time since the release of the API.

Last week I’ve mentioned the two new vehicles coming to Project CARS, the Mustang Boss 302R & the Evo X FQ-400 both in their very wip states were in no shape back then to be shown but now we can give you a glimpse of these two new addition (beware there is still a lot of work to be done)

As a Easter Egg the developers added a small contest where the community members had to find some hidden eggs around the track and the hunt has been quite exciting so far, but it didn’t quite achieve the happiness we had when we found a hidden track, based on the Old Spa Francorchamps that looks amazing so far even tho its still a early WIP.

Screenshots by PLM5 aka Chromatic9

There has been also some rumours about a mobile (Android, IOS) version, this is still not confirmed but if true it will mean Project Cars will add a new platform to the release.

To end up I will leave you all with an amazing new trailer by our community member Jonz, music by Project Cars Composer Dr. Stephen Baysted.

http://youtu.be/UfJaSHANbvg

Hope you all have enjoyed, the pCARS community wishes you all a Happy Easter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Old Spa. Man oh man, that place still haunts me all the way from GP Legends... It's one circuit I've wanted to see in pCARS for a while because I've seen it in rFactor 2 (which is too expensive for me to justify right now) so I am one happy camper, can't wait to take the Lotus out on that! Now all pCARS needs is a Honda RA300 and I'll be in my element, it would also mean I can finally move on from GP Legends (which is seriously astonishing for a 1998 racing sim, although I've only played it with mods)!

Heh would be pretty sweet to have Honda around, alot of the community members been asking for it but it all depends on what they want for the licenses :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm not holding my breath but they used to make some truly great cars... Shame, really. Not that their current cars aren't good, but they're not exactly the NSX/S2000/ITR/CTR/Beat/etc.!

Thats true, those were some of the most epic racing cars i remember from the old days.