Need a Steam game? Try Gettysburg: Armored Warfare!

Here's the link http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/ge...rmored-warfare

Steam Link

For more info go Here

and here's Videos explaining what it is.

This game looks to be damn fun. All this...RTS/action game with 64 player multiplayer, mod capable (steam workshop), and built in map editor and all for $9.99 I can't imagine why the hell I wouldn't want it! Before anyone says it, yes this has been other places, Game looks good and i want to make sure the servers are packed!

I can't figure out if this is spam or not. Previews and store links for a game that isn't out for another week. If I "need a Steam game" now, this is useless to me. It's so borderline that I'm going to report you on general principle. Please try not to behave like a spam bot or astroturfer in the future.

Edit: I do realize this kind of "lets get hyped up for something coming soon" post is standard operating practice on the Penny Arcade forums and similar places. Lets not do it here!
    Last edited by Bobtree; 19-03-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Edit: I do realize this kind of "lets get hyped up for something coming soon" post is standard operating practice on the Penny Arcade forums and similar places. Lets not do it here!

Trust me this place isn't exactly a melting pot of great intellect more of a copy PCGAMER nothing else. As for spam, No hype? yea.

Oh look! it even knows how to troll. How cute.

Go back to one of the hundreds of post about Masseffect 3. Dont like it thats fine. Trolling however is counter productive

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    So tell me: What did you hope to achieve by antagonizing the very people you were hoping to rope in?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Oh, yuck.

10char

I'm going to do you a favour and give you a little advice.
    Posts like:
    Trust me this place isn't exactly a melting pot of great intellect more of a copy PCGAMER nothing else.
    and
    Go back to one of the hundreds of post about Masseffect 3.
    Isn't going to earn you many friends, especially the first one. Attacking the community you're posting isn't a bright idea, you know?

I think you should relax and try to take things more easy because that attitude isn't a friendly one.
    Look I'll even re-redact your first response to something more civilized, you might use it if you want:

Sorry if it seemed like spam. It wasn't my intention. I'm just hyped about this game and wanted to share it with like minded people. I'm sorry if you don't like this kind of posts but maybe other people are interested.

And before you jump. No, I'm not trolling you (at least not in this post). I'm just trying to give you advice in how not to behave. Because frankly, you weren't very nice with your first response.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    So tell me: What did you hope to achieve by antagonizing the very people you were hoping to rope in?
    Same thing People wanted when they made similar post...awareness. As for the response and typical PC-antisocial behavior, thats...not really my concern. Up there with asking advice on an imageboard. You get what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    And before you jump. No, I'm not trolling you (at least not in this post). I'm just trying to give you advice in how not to behave. Because frankly, you weren't very nice with your first response.
    Indeed. I only need to see the first response to get a general feel on how the forum carries itself. You initiate rude post, dont be shocked on the response.

The mature thing would have been to say" thx but ive seen it already" or "nah its not really my thing" Immidiate accusations on being a spambot is frankly a dick move. One Im not shocked by, because Ive lurked the forums longer than ive been a member, you can tell that on my article post.
    Last edited by BrothaBear; 19-03-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaBear View Post
    Same thing People wanted when they made similar post awareness. As for the response and typical PC-antisocial behavior, thats...not really my concern. Up there with asking advice on an imageboard. You get what you get.
    PC-antisocial behavior? Like attacking an entire community because of a single post you didn't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    PC-antisocial behavior? Like attacking an entire community because of a single post you didn't like?
    Im still waiting on the post that proves me wrong.

Indeed. I only need to see the first response to get a general feel on how the forum carries itself. You initiate rude post, dont be shocked on the response.
    Ok, nice to have met you then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Same thing People wanted when they made similar post...awareness.
    I'm aware you're kind of a dick.

Will that suffice?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    See, I'm someone who takes issue with Bobtree's initial reply because I think it's fair enough to hype a game you're genuinely interested in. Afterall, isn't there another thread for Guild Wars 2, and a one for Diablo 3, Grim Dawn etc., none of which have been released? Simultaneously, I can't actually side with Brothabbear who's coming across as a bit of a prat.

Ah well. Back to my limited scope of the "What have you been playing?" and "What have you been reading?" threads.
    Last edited by Vague-rant; 19-03-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Very odd, root and twig, very odd indeed...
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Very odd, root and twig, very odd indeed...
    Im..not really sure what means. could you explain?

Network Hub
    Since you're clearly affiliated with the developer or publisher I think it's worth making it clear that these kind of spam-posts tend to put me off the game in question by default, and being an asshole for no reason doubly so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Maybe he was hired by a competitor to Gettysburg?

Nalano: be less rude.