Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Installing Skins - Half Life 2

How the heck do you install them ?! :o

You need to replace materials,scripts,materials..but they are no wehere to be seen,what now ?

Last edited by DaftPunk; 19-03-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Have you started the game, since you installed it? Sounds strange but it's important.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    You don't need to replace anything - The game draws it files from .gcf files. Everything that is stuck in your personal HL2 folder overrides the data from the .gcf files (unless you play on an sv_pure server, in which case its drawn from the .gcf files again). IIt works similar to the "override" directory in NWN. In case you want to remove all your skins, just remove the models and materials and sounds folders, and the game will run normally.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Have you started the game, since you installed it? Sounds strange but it's important.

Yes i already played few hours today.

Otherwise i tried sound mod,i just put in hl2 and it works. Also tried changing crowbar to snow axe but i failed,will try with some other skins to see if it works.

Edit. Ah i noticed some skins don't work,but thats usual stuff for banana site..lol. At least some work.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 19-03-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Virus-scan that banana stuff - I remember hearing about some ugly malware there ...last year? I haven't been back.

I recently played through HL2 with a high res character pack. Just copy the contents over to the folder in your screenshot and it should work. Too bad the Steam Workshop only works for TF2 and Skyrim so far.