Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

Amazon offering full refunds for Mass Effect 3

Even the Collectors Edition, they are putting their money where their (100% customer satisfaction) mouth is, good for them. Kinda makes me wish I got mine from them.. I will in the future.

wow. are people really that angry over a video game ending? come on

oh my god lol I have Never seen a retailer do that. Least not while offer a Full refund, usually some sort of rebate or coupon that can only be used in their stores. I mean EA might do it, I remeber the fiasco with APB. Some went about the route of raising hell to get their money back. And don't even get me started on what happens if a steam-game tanks.. kiss that cash goodbye

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaBear View Post
    And don't even get me started on what happens if a steam-game tanks.. kiss that cash goodbye
    I heard talk of Steam giving out a couple of refunds for Duke Nukem Forever.

Activated Node
    Steam gave me a refund for the Doom Collection when half the games wouldnt start, took about a week and had to send in screenshots some system info... but no hassle really

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HP Craftwerk View Post
    Steam gave me a refund for the Doom Collection when half the games wouldnt start, took about a week and had to send in screenshots some system info... but no hassle really
    That's a bit different from "This was great right up until the ending MAN IT SUCKED BIOWARE KILLED MY MOTHER I mean my Shepard."

Activated Node
    I was just responding to whoever said Steam kisses your cash goodbye. Im keeping my ME3, Im still holding out to see what they do

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Oh for fuck's sake. Now this is just embarrassing. Can I declare that I refuse to be associated with these people?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

This is insane! I mean the rest of the game is excellent, it would be tantamount to piracy to get a full refund after finishing it.
    Last edited by Oshada; 20-03-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake. Now this is just embarrassing. Can I declare that I refuse to be associated with these people?
    Not before we do the same.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    A lot of people are frustrated about Mass Effect 3. They want to return it. They do.

What's the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
    A lot of people are frustrated about Mass Effect 3. They want to return it. They do.

What's the problem ?
    Erm, making a game that was so frustrating and disappointing it causes mass migration in games. When an environmental disaster happens, first thing companies do is make sure no one....I mean no one is on record saying "sorry,or mybad". Theres a reason for it.

Me? I don't like Masseffect, never have. Too many "pew-pew" lasers , not enough beefy weaponry and extremely linear within actual gameplay. Yet I don't go off on a tizzy about it, I knew i would never like it so I never bought it. I feel that decision had it's own rewards.

I mean there were complaints about the game before it even hit the shelves, yet people lined up to give their money, and when the next masseffect is made(some corny play on the I.P im sure) Same people you see complain about it, will probably be the first in line for the next. This is why we ended up with ODST

If you don't like it, hit em where it hurts...their wallets.

While I think that the Mass Effect games are criminally over-rated allowing a full refund is just silly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    So the ending features death of shepard? the fuck is that really?

they ask us to keep our saves ergo the character for five years or so only to kill him/her, probably in a very cheap way? I would be pissed too. Haven't they learned anything from Beth's shitty Fallout 3 ending?

good for amazon and its customers.

Banned
    ITT: People pissed off about a company upholding it's customer's statutory rights.

What the fuck is with the gaming community's mindset, really?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    they ask us to keep our saves ergo the character for five years or so only to kill him/her, probably in a very cheap way? I would be pissed too. Haven't they learned anything from Beth's shitty Fallout 3 ending?
    So what you're saying is that developers should never kill off player characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    good for amazon and its customers.
    Why? By all accounts the rest of the game is great. Everybody seems to really enjoy it right up until the very last minute or so when the weird plot shit turns up. How is it justifiable to give a full refund just because people don't like the very end of the game?

You know what? I didn't like how HL2: Ep2 ended. Where's my friggin' refund?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by R-F
    ITT: People pissed off about a company upholding it's customer's statutory rights.

Citation needed I'm unaware of a person's right to return a game because they're not happy with the ending. You'd better provide some legislation to prove that and an instance of where it was successfully applied in such a case.
    Last edited by soldant; 20-03-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: OH WOW RF SAID SOMETHING FUNNY BRB STITCHING SIDES BACK TOGETHER.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post

What the fuck is with the gaming community's mindset, really?
    That movie sucked. I want my money back. Oh, wait, I sat through the movie so they're not giving me a refund?

Well how about that.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I bought some books which had endings I didn't like - where's my refund? The last track on the latest album I bought was a let-down - where's my refund? Strategy Game X says I will be the supreme leader of the galaxy, but I suck at it and I never win, so they made a false promise - where's my refund?

Come on... getting your money back because the game doesn't work is one thing, but asking for a refund just because you didn't like 5 minutes of an otherwise entertaining experience just makes you look stupid.
    Last edited by c-Row; 20-03-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    When Settlers V came out and included a new Securom protection that was incompatible with many existing CD/DVD-drives back then, most retailers did offer a full refund.

Thus started the UbiSoft-Wars, back in the days.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Can we hide the spoilers please. Some of us (probably most) have not played or bought ME3 yet and would rather not have the ending ruined... no matter how obvious it is.