Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I'n not surprised by this, in my experience Amazon has always been great about returning items. Customer support generally, actually, has been nothing but helpful in my past dealings with them. A full refund for these kinds of items is a little bit weird, though, for reasons mentioned above. Still, I like it. Over the years there's been a couple of games I wish I'd been able to return (not ME3). Perhaps I'll consider Amazon next time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Jeez, can we stop with the damn spoilers, please?

My mind is blown. Consumers being upset that a company has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and is living up to that promise? Are these people part of some pro-corporate, anti-consumer cult? Yeah, OK argue about whether a company should be FORCED to take a product back, but arguing over whether it is a good thing if a company CHOOSES to take back a product some people are extremely dissatisfied with, FOR WHATEVER reason? Unbelievable.

PS sorry for the caps, but damn this is fucked up.

Edit: and I have gotten free passes to shit movies before from the theater without trouble, sure not a refund but good enough. And Amazon, by in large, is the best pro-consumer company on the planet. Their whole schtick is giving consmumers the best services they can. [full disclosure, Amazon stock has made me a fuckton of money since 2002, so I really like the ccompany].
    Last edited by Namdrol; 20-03-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namdrol View Post
    Yeah, OK argue about whether a company should be FORCED to take a product back, but arguing over whether it is a good thing if a company CHOOSES to take back a product some people are extremely dissatisfied with, FOR WHATEVER reason? Unbelievable.
    The problem is that in this particular case the reason is complete BS. It's like asking for a refund because one of your favourite characters in a novel dies. It's in the DAMN STORY! No one would argue about this if the game itself was broken or didn't include a feature as advertised, but as far as I know, "Happy happy joy joy ending everybody's gonna shit rainbows about" wasn't part of any PR. It's great for the customers in general that Amazon still offers a refund despite all this, no question.
    Last edited by c-Row; 20-03-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Namdrol View Post
    Consumers being upset that a company has a 100% satisfaction guarantee
    Um... what are you talking about? BioWare have far from a 100% satisfaction "guarantee".

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Um... what are you talking about? BioWare have far from a 100% satisfaction "guarantee".
    He is talking about Amazon - the company that's handling the returns. Bioware will not profit or lose anything from this, as the stock has already entered Amazon's warehouse.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    That movie sucked. I want my money back. Oh, wait, I sat through the movie so they're not giving me a refund?

Well how about that.
    This does happen.

Cinema's have given money back for The Artist not being sufficiently clear about being a black and white silent movie, which is just a recent example. There was even a sign in the window of the cinema I went to.

Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    This does happen.

Cinema's have given money back for The Artist not being sufficiently clear about being a black and white silent movie, which is just a recent example. There was even a sign in the window of the cinema I went to.
    "Now in cinemas: The Never Ending Story" [*]

[*] Please not that contrary to the movie's title, it ends at some point. We are terribly sorry about this.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    The problem is that in this particular case the reason is complete BS. It's like asking for a refund because one of your favourite characters in a novel dies. It's in the DAMN STORY! No one would argue about this if the game itself was broken or didn't include a feature as advertised, but as far as I know, "Happy happy joy joy ending everybody's gonna shit rainbows about" wasn't part of any PR. It's great for the customers in general that Amazon still offers a refund despite all this, no question.
    It was advertised explicitly as not having an A, B or C ending. It had an A, B or C ending. Of course whether anyone would have not bought it had they known the problems of the ending beforehand is a much harder question.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    All I've seen is a guy 'claim' that he got a refund.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    All I've seen is a guy 'claim' that he got a refund.
    Yeah, this is a non-story. Amazon will pretty much refund you anything if you return it within 30 days for any reason as long as you don't take the mick. They're not refunding because it's ME3, they're refunding because the guy has bought a bunch of stuff from them in the past and this is the first time he's asked for a refund. If he tries it again next week, it won't happen.

Network Hub
    "Now in cinemas: The Never Ending Story" [*]

[*] Please not that contrary to the movie's title, it ends at some point. We are terribly sorry about this.
    Mass Effect 3 does not have a subtitle reading "Has an ending that makes no sense and is incongruous with the setting and the story-arc".
    Steam ID: Fiyenyaa.
    My Blog: http://strollinggamely.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fiyenyaa View Post
    Mass Effect 3 does not have a subtitle reading "Has an ending that makes no sense and is incongruous with the setting and the story-arc".
    Like I already said, nor has it a "Happy happy joy joy ending everybody's gonna shit rainbows about" subtitle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Yeah, this is a non-story. Amazon will pretty much refund you anything if you return it within 30 days for any reason as long as you don't take the mick. They're not refunding because it's ME3, they're refunding because the guy has bought a bunch of stuff from them in the past and this is the first time he's asked for a refund. If he tries it again next week, it won't happen.
    Indeed, it has nothing to do with Amazon deciding a refund on a larger scale is somehow owing, or that the copies needed to recalled due to deficiencies. Another case of the internets jumping to a conclusion and people being gullible enough to take it as a given without question (same shit with the guy claiming Valve were offering refunds on From Dust, and then just providing a link to Steam support...).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Aren't people more groaning (or face palming) with the fact that other people seem to feel justified in demanding their money back because they don't like an ending?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Aren't people more groaning (or face palming) with the fact that other people seem to feel justified in demanding their money back because they don't like an ending?
    Quite a few.

But this is fascinating.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Network Hub
    Like I already said, nor has it a "Happy happy joy joy ending everybody's gonna shit rainbows about" subtitle.
    It does, however have a "not an A, B or C ending" subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Indeed. Human physiology unfortunately doesn't let me palm as many faces simultaneously over it as I would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandon Arc View Post
    It does, however have a "not an A, B or C ending" subtitle.
    So you are presented with all seven possible endings to choose from with the pressing of a button like you were in DX:HR? I don't think so.
    Last edited by c-Row; 20-03-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Maybe the back of the box should have a full synopsis covering all major plot twists and surprises to avoid this in future?

Network Hub
    What it does have, moving away from the whole subtitle thing, is the precedent from Mass Effect 2, where the endings depend upon your actions throughout the entire game rather than boiling down to "pick one with minimal input from what you actually did the past 30 hours", and also run through the spectrum of "everyone dies" to "everyone lives".
    Steam ID: Fiyenyaa.
    My Blog: http://strollinggamely.wordpress.com/