Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rpg_fann View Post
    umm did you have a look at what they are offering? It's supposed to be as big as Baldur's Gate.. lol
    How much do you think it would cost by a Big Studio?
    Assuming they even come remotely close to that amount of content, I'm willing to bet all of it is terrible. That title screen is laughable. And they want $300,000?!

The other Kickstarter projects which got widespread attention were from industry heavyweights as people have already described. They're names people know and who expect to deliver. The fact is most of the other Kickstarter projects aren't going to achieve $4 million just on the desire to succeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    The other Kickstarter projects which got widespread attention were from industry heavyweights as people have already described. They're names people know and who expect to deliver. The fact is most of the other Kickstarter projects aren't going to achieve $4 million just on the desire to succeed.
    "But there's gold in them thar hills," gleamed the toothless bugger.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Am I the only one who has a strong (and I mean, really strong) feeling the threadstarter is behind this kickstarter ?

umm did you have a look at what they are offering? It's supposed to be as big as Baldur's Gate.. lol
    How much do you think it would cost by a Big Studio?
    What they are offering is an ill conceived and poorly marketed parody game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The amount of games that are genuinely funny from beginning to end is very close to zero.
    And they want to make this the length of Baldur's Gate.

I apologize for the negativity. I just hate seeing people jump all over a bandwagon, and while the good Kickstarters we've seen over the past month excite me, this project here annoys me.

It also annoys me when I see a person with close to zero posts trying to promote something like this. It's shady.

Blargh. I am grumpy.

Obscure Node
    "Blargh. I am grumpy."

lol you bet :)

the net makes you oversuspicious, but it's okay
    poorly marketed that is true
    ill conceived.. I dunno...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.doo View Post
    Am I the only one who has a strong (and I mean, really strong) feeling the threadstarter is behind this kickstarter ?
    No you ain't, it's in fact very likely, he signed up yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if he is Hungarian xD
    Also found this extremely funny.
    The fan-funded method seems to be working

See Wasteland 2 for instance
    It's as if 3 people from Budapest saw that there's this "Kickstarter" thing, decided to get someone that lives in the US to set it up and trust in these gullible people giving their money out in the millions to some page as if there's nothing else behind it :P

And yeah that "web presence" is kinda laughable :P

It's not even that people have to be "industry giants" for this to work, a lot of funded smaller products prove otherwise, especially:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64409699/ftl-faster-than-light/
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-banner-saga/
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-make-games-he

But they presented actual gameplay, ideas, videos and did months of PR in regards to their projects :P
    http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/...ssful?ref=more
    Last edited by Dexter; 22-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.doo View Post
    I suspected as much, too. You'd think they'd at least be clever enough to gather a few hundred more posts before mentioning this.

Or, otherwise, be honest. Shocking notion, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    "But there's gold in them thar hills," gleamed the toothless bugger.
    And then he died alone with dementia. And dysentery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    It's not even that people have to be "industry giants" for this to work, a lot of funded smaller products prove otherwise, especially:
    But they presented actual gameplay, ideas, videos and did months of PR in regards to their projects :P
    Also their projects have a significant amount of substance behind them, such that you're almost certain they'll actually see a full release. People seem to have taken this to be a green light for "Look at my incredibly nebulous game idea. I've drawn a really bad animation of the protagonist. Now, I'll need $300,000 to rock your shit like never before!"

"Look at my incredibly nebulous game idea. I've drawn a really bad animation of the protagonist. Now, I'll need $300,000 to rock your shit like never before!"
    I would be more willing to fund a game whose description was this honest.

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I would be more willing to fund a game whose description was this honest.
    Cool, let me know where I can send you my animation then. I'll even flesh it out: it's basically like Pac-man except with an arthouse twist. Pac-man is actually representative of a drug addict who must avoid the ghosts of his past, that is his demons that pushed him into addiction, while attempting to acquire more drugs for that high. But the catch is to "win" the player has to let the ghosts catch them, because when they finish the level, Pac-man's LIFE bar goes down. To lose is to win! Features random quotations that splash up on the screen and a glacial walk speed to represent the passage of time or something.

Who wants in? I'll need about $6.50 to make it, plus someone who can do decent 3D models.

Who wants in? I'll need about $6.50 to make it, plus someone who can do decent 3D models.
    And what rewards do you offer?
    Last edited by c-Row; 22-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    And what rewards do you offer?
    Donate $5,000 and he'll put you in the game. And I'm not talking about your picture or a casual mention of your name, I mean you, personally, with a little help from the Tron laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Donate $5,000 and he'll put you in the game. And I'm not talking about your picture or a casual mention of your name, I mean you, personally, with a little help from the Tron laser.
    Cool - I will start counting money right away!

Also there's a holiday to Sweden. If you donate $5,000, I'll send you pictures from that holiday.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    If I donate $10,000, will you spend your holiday in Switzerland instead?

How much do I have to donate to get an artbook with all the amazing crayon based concept art?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    How much do I have to donate to get an artbook with all the amazing crayon based concept art?
    I thought it was a napkin...?

I was grumpy about this, but now I see you guys having a good time making fun of it, and I smile. You folks are fun.

So... okay, I'm going to have to actually make this game now. I'll BBL, learning Unity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Damn i watched that 18 sec video and even i can make better animation Flash 8 pro,seriously :x

It would be ok if they asked for 10 000,but 300 000 dollars o.O And no screenshots,gameplay videos or anything...pff