I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to everybody who got involved with, and answered my questions in my long-running 'Bloomin' Graphics Cards' thread.
It was a very difficult decision to pick out a decent modern machine with reasonable specs; but thanks to the site's readership and active forum community - a lot of my questions about CPUs and GFX cards were answered, and there were a whole number of helpful suggestions offered about saving money and making wise component choices.
I'm happy to report that off of the back of these suggestions, I was finally able to settle on a machine that fit my budget and still managed to tick all the boxes I wanted to.
In a nutshell, I went with:
- CoolerMaster Elite 310 Blue Case
- Intel® Core™i5-2400 Quad Core (3.10GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
- ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
- 16GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 4GB)
- 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD7850 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
- 500GB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
- 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
I got a really decent price for it, but I'm sure I could've saved a lot by buying individual components.
I just want to say a HUGE thank you to everybody that helped me make the right buying choices. It's nice when a community can assist in a way that doesn't involve posting memes and making inane, useless babble!
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!