Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14

    Lonely Frozen Synapse player seeks friends

    So yeah, I bought the game and am looking for some people to play with. I'd rather stick with the RPS community than random people. I'm not very good, but that's why I need to practice!

    You can find me as Jhoosier. I don't know if i need to have a server picked out, but I think I'm on UK6. Or post your name and server and I'll find you.

  2. #2
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    83
    Have sent you a challenge on UK6. There are at least a couple of other RPS players on that server.

  3. #3
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    83
    And seem to have got a crappy map for my trouble. Or maybe I'm just getting too tired to see :/

  4. #4
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    And seem to have got a crappy map for my trouble. Or maybe I'm just getting too tired to see :/
    Thanks! I'll get home in a few hours and give the first round a once-over. This will actually be my first round against another human(?), so we'll see if I can do the multiplayer.

  5. #5
    Network Hub desvergeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    327
    Feel free to add me to your friends list. I too suck at the game, never seem to anticipate the correct movements of enemies.

    I would recommend playing through the single-player campaign. It's pretty decent, and isn't bad at teaching you in-game tactics. Currently I am on a level seemingly designed to show you how to deal with snipers.

    Edit - Oh I am on UK6 by the way
    Last edited by desvergeh; 15-06-2011 at 11:19 AM.

  6. #6
    Lesser Hivemind Node sinomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    718
    Sinomatic, Texas2 server (what happens if I move server exactly? I only started using Texas2 because a friend was on that one)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Sinomatic, Texas2 server (what happens if I move server exactly? I only started using Texas2 because a friend was on that one)
    You lose your match stats I believe...

  8. #8
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    83
    Not anymore. You lose your global daily ranking though, it seems. It upset me when I realised I wasn't top five in the world for the day, only top five on my server :(

  9. #9
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Düsseldorf
    Posts
    1,782
    I know the guys are working really hard on merging the servers again.

    Can't wait for it, this "where did I sleep last night"-issue is getting confusing.

    Also, I have a few pre-beta games open that I can't continue. :)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

  10. #10
    Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    362
    Im on UK6 as well. I say once the servers are melded together it will be easier to add one another, possible start a steam group for that very reason.
    My FS ID is Crakker, throw me a challange sometime, anyone. Hopefully well be un sharded after the RPS tournament, we can start adding people we meet in it as friends.

  11. #11
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    83
    Did the challenge get through to you Jhoosier? The search function seems to have gone a bit squiffy for me today.

  12. #12
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Feel free to add me to your friends list. I too suck at the game, never seem to anticipate the correct movements of enemies.

    I would recommend playing through the single-player campaign. It's pretty decent, and isn't bad at teaching you in-game tactics. Currently I am on a level seemingly designed to show you how to deal with snipers.
    I tried to add you, but it says your name isn't found. Are you on UK6?

    I did a bit of the single player, but got distracted by Dwarf Fortress, which has consumed my non-work life as it usually does when I get back into it.

  13. #13
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    Did the challenge get through to you Jhoosier? The search function seems to have gone a bit squiffy for me today.
    Yup, and I did the first round. Sorry, I'm in Japan, which means the time I have to play is rather odd. Not to mention my work schedule varies by day of the week. But we're each down a man after the last round. Have a look and finish the 2nd!

  14. #14
    Network Hub desvergeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoosier View Post
    I tried to add you, but it says your name isn't found. Are you on UK6?

    I did a bit of the single player, but got distracted by Dwarf Fortress, which has consumed my non-work life as it usually does when I get back into it.
    Hmmm odd.

    Well I have added you and sent you a challenge.

  15. #15
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoosier View Post
    Sorry, I'm in Japan, which means the time I have to play is rather odd. Not to mention my work schedule varies by day of the week.
    No need to apologise. One of the best things about the game is the play-by-email style of it. Might there be more people online for you on the Texas servers? Nobody as cool as us, of course, but there could be somebody to play against. You can also switch back and forth whenever you want. I have a challenge against Dan Stapleton of PCG on a Texas server, for example, while I play the vast majority of my games on UK6.

  16. #16
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoosier View Post
    But we're each down a man after the last round.
    Actually my guy's not dead! I'm sure I can find a way to save him in the half a millisecond before the shotgun blast hits. :P

  17. #17
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14
    Multiplayer is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Kinda wish it were faster paced, but it's giving me a sort of helpless anxiety that must be the crack people were talking about.

    Peter, I sent you a challenge, but our starting positions are kinda crap. Let's see who pulls it off best :D

    Oh, and desvergeh: I figured out how to make challenges, which means I must have been doing it completely wrong trying to find you.

  18. #18
    Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    611
    I'm squareking on Texas 4 and I'm generally pretty easy to push over.

    A partially related question: Is there an easy way to switch servers once you're logged on? I hate having to reboot the game to pick another server. Surely there's a better, simpler way?
    steam


  19. #19
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    I made a Steam group. I may even occasionally do admin type stuff. In the mean time, talk among yourselves.


  20. #20
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    47
    Squareking, I don't think so. The developers have always only had one server during the beta and had to come up with some temporary solution once the thing (almost literally) exploded. They plan on merging them back though at one point. In fact, they're going to be testing a threaded and optimised one tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •