Anyone playing EMU SWG?

Just wondered if any RPSers are playing on the liberator server?

If you don't know what SWGEMU is, it's a project to recreate SWG in it's pre-SOE-TInkering state, pre-CURB/pre-NGE.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=173

They've been working on it for about 4-5 years, and have made such phenomenal progress for a voluntary project that the game is extremely playable in its current state.

That said, it's probably no better than SWG was at Beta, however they seem to be on the threshold of a great leap forward with a whole new server code which will allow quicker development and the implementation of some features and professions missing on the Liberator server (eg Creature Handler, Player Housing).

The closure of SWG:NGE has also inspired them to get JTL integrated as quickly as possible while they still have the opportunity to capture packets to/from the SOE servers

If there's enough of us playing, and enough renewed interest with the imminent closure of the NGE, perhaps we could get an Rock-Paper-Starwasglaxies guild going.
    Last edited by corbain; 01-07-2011 at 11:48 AM.

I don't have much free time to play (sadly) but SWG has always interested me, so might try this :)
    if you like manga, RPG and dating sims, check my indie computer games

Is this.... legal?

(Or is it more in the "dubious but generally tolerated" style of UO emulators?)