Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Not sure if the tutorial explains this, but make sure you pledge to different contacts to unlock new weapons and upgrades. Press J and go to the progression tab to see the different contacts available for each faction. Double click on one (that's in your district) and you can see what unlocks they offer and pledge to them.

Each side has 2 factions, each faction has 2 upgrade paths. One unlocks vehicles and vehicle mods, the other unlocks weapons and character mods. Reaching milestone numbers of kills with specific weapon classes unlocks weapon mods and upgraded versions of those weapons, you can see these on the roles tab.

Progression guide:
    http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index....owtopic=135319
    Last edited by Kelron; 24-06-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Yeah, pledging is the first thing I do after I log in (kinda sucks this doesn't stick); I already maxed out Stega and am now working on Suji, but I don't think this has so far unlocked any weapons.

Colby PMG has been my weapon of choice mainly, although LMGs are brilliant for vehicle missions (they can take down a van in about 2 seconds sustained fire). Haven't paid for anything yet.
    Make sure you're pledging to contacts with weapons if that's what you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yeah, pledging is the first thing I do after I log in (kinda sucks this doesn't stick); I already maxed out Stega and am now working on Suji, but I don't think this has so far unlocked any weapons.
    See the link I posted, it lists the unlocks for each contact. Strega and Suji unlock vehicles. Try Veronika Lee and Britney Bloodrose to start unlocking weapons.

Yeah, I read that after you posted. Guess that's what I get for not reading this stuff before playing, silly me.

Thanks for the help, guys!

I'm downloading this right now. Will give it a shot and will try to find you guys in game.

I've got two characters: LadyHeliotrope, a criminal on Patriot, and Telasnikov, an Enforcer on the other one

I was thinking about buying a premium account for one month, as it really sucks that the limitation on decals for your car is so extreme for a free account. I can't design something decent and the XP and money bonus you get would be welcome aswell.
    I think I'll try the burst fire rifle you unlock from Teri Quan, as it seems to be pretty decent.

Another question: Did the ARMA guys respond to the question wether we can use their voice com?

P.S.:

Sexual offenders are everywhere!

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

RPS Mumble server:

IP:46.105.98.126
    Port: Default (64738)

There's an APB channel for us to use.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-Mumble-server
    Last edited by Kelron; 25-06-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Never used Mumble before, but I just finished setting it up and registered on the server.
    Looking forward to hear from you guys (Even though I will most likely annoy you with my german accent.).

Right, lads. Been playing this for a decent while (60+ hours on my enforcer) And deleted my old criminal to make a new one on here as soon as weed told me some of you lads played. My badass, criminal femme-fatale is named Kaelynn. Hope to see you online! (And when it comes to weapon preferences, mines abit scattered. Everything from several of the snipers - OBIR being one of my favorite sniper-ish weapons, to the joker carbine and the N-TEC. Luv 'em.) Will post screenshots of my character and my BADASS... Oh, crap. Aint gotten a car yet. Well, of my character as soon as I get some decent shots ;).
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Representing RPS on the streets.
    It's the RPS Pimp Van Reloaded.

What do you think?

Also:

What do you guys think of introducing some proper clan wear? See the sweatband my character is wearing around the arm? I suggest we all wear one. ;)
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 26-06-2011 at 09:48 PM.

If we are to get clan-wear, I'd say it should be more than simply the RPS logo, it should be a logo in itself, something detailed... Atleast, if we ever make clan-wear a -MUST-, then it needs to be thoroughly thought-out and such, but I dont mind slappin' the RPS logo somewhere on my femme-fatale, perhaps on the butt? Mmm... Yummy. RPS butt.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

I like it, MrWeed! Glad the "RPS on tour" is still there, always makes me chuckle. As for clan wear, I'm fine with anything that isn't too intrusive (i.e a full-body uniform). The armband is a good suggestion.

* Can the design be shared? Or can you sell your self-designed stuff via the AH?
    * Is anyone actually in the clan? Every time I was online noone was there to invite.

* Yes
    * Yes - 5 of us at the moment I believe. Not sure if I'm the only one who can invite at the moment, but I think it's just been a case of bad luck in us not being online at the same time.

You should be able to set it so any member can invite.

I made something that looks pretty much like the RPS logo, but I'm not sure how to make the shading look right. Using the gradient effect in game makes it too dark at the bottom so you can only see half the letters on a car.

The shading is impossible to achieve, I think. I just made it white and added an outline. If you want my designs, just say a word. I split the RPS logo into 2 parts, though. One being "Rock, Paper" and the other being "Shotgun".

MrWeed, I'd buy your hoodie :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Haven't played APB for a while, still struggling with major stuttering gameplay issues. Had myself a rant here:
    http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index....owtopic=181609

Until this is fixed, I'm gonna keep out of APB. I'm happy to slog through these issues as a beta participant, if me doing so seems to be providing any help. But with zero feedback on the issues from G1, my perserverance feels pointless.

Only game where poor performance has made me want to rage quit, I'm getting killed because of screen-freeze far too often for it to be fun. Shame though, as I was really enjoying it for a while.