Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

[Beta] [F2P] APB: The Reloadening

Update 25/6/11

The RPS clan is up and running on EU2, criminal side! I've tried to add most of you to my friends list so I can find you online easily (I can't add you to the clan if you're not online). Feel free to drop me a mail in-game / message me or reply in this thread if you think I've missed you. In any case, I look forward to playing with you all in the near future!

Original Post

Alright, didn't see a thread for this already, so here's one. Any fellow RPSers playing the beta? I installed it a couple of days ago, had much funtimes.

I'm playing on EU2 Patriot atm, had very little lag. If we get enough peeps together maybe we can try making one of those fancy "clans"! Post name suggestions below! And your character name[s] and server[s] and faction[s]!

P.S Also I'd be happy to answer any questions from those who aren't playing but are thinking of doing so.

[Nephythys - Criminal - EU2 Patriot]

-Flo (brb making an old woman character called Granny Shotgun)
    Last edited by Flobulon; 26-06-2011 at 02:03 AM.

I'm having a surprisingly good time playing this.

xxdanxx - Criminal - Patriot

As for clan names...

Crims:
    Rock, Paper, Shotgun (what? It's a classic, and it fits!)
    Rock, Paper, Stolen Car

Enforcers:
    Rock, Paper, Stun Gun
    Rock Paper, STOP! POLICE!
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Excellent, just added you as a friend. Yeah I too was surprised how much I enjoy the game; I briefly played the RTW beta and found it pretty horrible. As for clan names, some excellent suggestions there. Rock, Paper, Shotgun would be my preference, although it would be a bit of a shame not to have a pun in there somewhere! Hmm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I am interested... I have no idea what server I would be on as I uninstalled it in a rage at being emailed $40 + guns.

Obscure Node
    I will gladly join a RPG clan. My character is "Ending" (Criminal), on EU2.

Well, I went ahead and set up the clan and logo, just need people now :)

@Heliocentric: I've set up the clan on Patriot EU2, would be great if you could join us! May I ask what you mean by "being emailed $40 + guns"? I haven't received any emails from GamersFirst since I registered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    So apparently I'm GooseKing on EU2 Patriot, bucking the thread trend and joining the Enforcer side. I just want to shoot you all. I'd never played before, but if I can get past the interminable load screens and stuttering, I think I might enjoy this.

See, if you'd gone Enforcer, you could have had a punny name like Cop, Paper, Shotgun.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I am interested... I have no idea what server I would be on as I uninstalled it in a rage at being emailed $40 + guns.
    You can unsubscribe from their emails.

I have an enforcer on EU1 but I can make a criminal to join you lot. Will be called Kelron, unless duplicate names are restricted across servers.

JohnnyK77, EU2 Patriot, Criminal. Would gladly join the RPS guild, but don't expect me to be good at this.

BTW, did anyone else have an issue with character creation? I could click on different features but nothing would actually change, so now I just use the randomized character look the game gave me.

I'll probably join you guys once I've downloaded the client.
    This takes AGES.

I'm running with TF2-themed characters together with a few friends, as well a an enforcer, on Obeya (EU1).

Crims:
    Heavy
    Demoman

Enforcers:
    Davee

Been playing APB since the original Beta back in RTW days. I'm usually not very fond of F2P games, but I really like what GamersFirst has been doing with the game. Most cars now feel great to drive, guns are more fun to shoot, better balance - It's way more fun to play now, overall!
    However, I've been having some performance issues after the first Open Beta patches, so I'm not playing that much right now. Hoping for the SLI compatibility patch to fix it up later on.

Hey guys, been a bit busy this weekend, and for some reason you can't invite people to a clan who are offline, so for now it's just me in the RPS Patriot (EU2) clan. That said, I should have a chance this week so hopefully we can get some criminalising in!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I play from time to time. And I get a lot of fun from it.
    I think I am playing on the Patriot server, character name ... probably Tei.. I don't remember. Enforcer.

Okay, downloaded the client, made a character and went through the tutorial.
    My character is called "MrWeed", I am on the EU2 Patriot server and I am a criminal. Looking forward to mug some people and rob some stores with you guys.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    My character is called "MrWeed",
    You're the first RPSer I saw online, and I just grouped with you for a bit. WHile it was quite chaotic at times (and I seriously suck) it was quite a lot of fun for me.

Oh, that was you!
    Now it all makes sense... :P

I am still a noob and until the today I didnt even know how to lean out of the window.
    Next time I see you online we should try robbing some stores. :D

The game is a bit buggy at times and the people who got that AK-like weapon have got a clear advantage, but it's still a funny game.

Maybe we should look into some sort of voice communication next time. The game can be (as you said) quite chaotic.

Edit:

I love the editors in the game, theyre absolutely top notch.
    I played a bit as an Enforcer today, made a fat, bald guy and wrote "1337 Patrol - Don't worry, we're from the internet" on my car. :D

Edit 2:

If you have trouble with the character customization, switch to "advanced mode". Quick mode doesnt work.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 21-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Maybe we should look into some sort of voice communication next time. The game can be (as you said) quite chaotic.
    Definitely. Whether you're good at the game or taking it seriously or not, a little bit of voice chat and organisation makes it a lot more fun. The Arma 2 chaps host a Mumble server that they're usually happy to let people use for other games, I'll check it's ok before posting the details.

apb.jpg
    Yeah, my shirt says RPS as well; figured I'd make myself recognizable.

If anyone feels the need to comment - I am aware I have the designer skills of a 2-year-old. ;-)

Activated Node
    I've recently been playing it for a bit again. I'm an Enforcer on Obeya (EU1), named Stijn. Not sure I'll be playing a lot, but I do remember how things got a lot more fun with a group of people from back in the OlDsKoOl APB days, so if there's anyone who wants to organize something I'm probably in :)

Looks like most people are on EU2, so I might just make a new character there.

Wow, Johnny.
    Looks like you got a proper car already!
    I'll be saving to buy me that Packer transporter. Good to move stolen goods and/or teammates. :D

Now that I think of it, I should remove the "Bad Motherfucker" tag on my T-Shirt and replace it with "Rock, Paper, Shotgun"