Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hmm - I guess I'll have to try this out again! I really wasn't impressed the first time around, but apparently it's improved quite a bit in the past few months.

I'm in, just dling. EU2, is it?

EU2, yeah.

And I made myself some proper RPS gear, aswell as car decals.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

And should I prefer one faction to another? My heart says cops, but if everyone is playing robbers that's cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Wow, Johnny.
    Looks like you got a proper car already!
    I'll be saving to buy me that Packer transporter. Good to move stolen goods and/or teammates. :D
    I just bought the first available upgrade as the initial car is a snail. Money seems reasonably easy to ome bye, so I figure I'll have enough when the next vehicles(s) are unlocked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    And should I prefer one faction to another? My heart says cops, but if everyone is playing robbers that's cool too.
    Too many crims. I'm lonely on the Enforcer side!
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

I got an Enforcer character and a Criminal character.
    I prefer to play as the criminal, though. Got more stuff unlocked and it's just hilarious to mug pedestrians.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I just bought the first available upgrade as the initial car is a snail. Money seems reasonably easy to ome bye, so I figure I'll have enough when the next vehicles(s) are unlocked.
    Alright, I'll buy the Packer then. Having one guy with a fast car and one guy with a transporter seems to be alright.
    We need to play tomorrow!

Sorry I haven't been on lately, but my PSU died on me. However! I now have a new one, so I'm ready to continue being terrible with the Joker Carbine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakysh View Post
    You get two character slots, so you can make one of each if you like.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Had a funny bug today that made me "deliver" stolen goods right after picking them up. This means I didn't have to bring them to the contacts to sell them. I got "instapaid" after picking them up. Collected 4000 $ of dirty money, got witnessed by two Enforcers when I was on my way to the Money Laundry and had a very exciting firefight for my 4000 bucks. Luckily I won it and delivered the money. :D

Bought myself the van and gave it a proper RPS look. I'll post Screenshots later.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 23-06-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    For cars, I like the Han Veo as a first upgrade from the starter car. It's only $5000, has 4 doors and is really easy to drive. Still pretty slow, but at least it's faster than a wheelchair.

Opted for a taxi car (Dalton Broadwing) myself, surprising good for ramming other cars off the road - reasonably fast and durable.

The Dalton is a great car. It's pretty fast for a beginner car.

But nothing tops the RPS van.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Did someone mention the Broadwing?

Yeah, I need to re-do the spacing of the letters in 'paper'.

"Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

The RPS van, along with the RPS outfit. ;)

Broadwing is my favourite car, although it's clearly designed to be more of a police car than a criminal one. You can literally send lighter vehicles flying with it. The vehicle changes are one of the biggest improvements over the old APB, with the exception of the very cheapest cars (<$5000), all the vehicles have their own niche and you can pick the one you like driving rather than feeling forced to use the most powerful. Same goes for the weapons, mostly.

Pfft. Everyone knows the Patriot T-25 is where it's at. Also, I don't think I'm supposed to park here.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Kelron, you're right about the Broadwing being able to send other vehicles flying. I was driving around in my RPS Van yesterday, when some idiot Enforcer started pushing me off the road. Everytime he hit me from the side my van was flipped and landed either on the roof or on the side, even though one should think the van is heavier than the Broadwing.
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 24-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.

I've got a question for you guys.
    What weapons do you use and did you buy a premium account or not?

I don't really plan on paying for the game unless they can come up with something more reasonable. Currently it's about $25 for a car, $5-10 to rent a gun for a month or $50 to buy the gun permanently. The sub fee is $10/month in beta and supposed to be going up to $15, which is pretty steep compared to other F2P games, as you're only buying bonuses and not access to the game itself.

Weapons - can't really make my mind up, but I've mainly used the STAR, N-TEC and ALIG. The shotguns seem pretty bad compared to the SMGs, although oddly for a computer game they have a higher effective range. I've been using the Colby PMG on my new criminal character, it's a lot of fun in Financial but I don't think it would be much good in Waterfront. Haven't even tried the OCA yet, which seems to be the weapon of choice for anything close quarters.

Still using the initial guns as I do not seem to have anything else unlocked (like any of the stuff others use to one-shot me constantly). I'm a really bad shot though, so I don't think it makes a difference.