Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    That's a shame, but I can imagine it is incredibly frustrating to play like that. Unfortunately I think you may be right in your suggestion that the only thing they want testing is their marketplace...

I think I found a way to display the shading properly, but it exceeds the maximal ammount of decals in the designer. It will work for anything smaller, though. Just drag your image into the work space, make it white, duplicate it, make the copy black and select "Gradient down/up". Now duplicate that, make it black and select "Outline". And you should have a nice shader effect.

And about the hoodie:
    Meet me ingame and we will work out how to trade it. (It has a picture on the back, too. It's a white lion with red outlines on a black ground, along with some badges. I'd remove that for you.)
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 27-06-2011 at 06:54 PM.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    You can use existing symbols as part of other symbols in the designer, might be able to get around the limit by doing a word at a time like that, without using more than 1 symbol when you place it on clothing and cars.

I might try that.
    Besides, why is there no one on the mumble server?
    I keep camping the APB channel but no one has logged on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    You can use existing symbols as part of other symbols in the designer, might be able to get around the limit by doing a word at a time like that, without using more than 1 symbol when you place it on clothing and cars.
    Tested this and it doesn't work, unfortunately. Would be nice if there was a way to group layers together, but I guess that would undermine one of their ways of coercing you into paying for premium.

So, I've been meaning to have a play at this, but I haven't managed to progress further than the tutorial because it's a bit boring really.

How does clanmembers work together? What kind of missions can one expect? In short: how is this game fun? Why should I progress through it?

I'm not trying to be arrogant, just a bit cautious about throwing my time away with a game that's received quite a bit of negative press.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
    How does clanmembers work together?
    If you play with me - you get shot at a lot, cannot expect me to hit anything, and die a lot.

If you play with decent players - the missions involve multiple stages where you mostly have to defend or attack certain objectives; the more players in a group, the better, really.

When you get assigned a mission, you'll either be trying to fulfil objectives or trying to stop the other faction from fulfilling theirs.

The stages tend to be things like:
    Get something and take it somewhere else / stop them from getting the thing somewhere
    Go to a place and do something to it / stop them from doing the thing to the place
    Hold a landmark / hold the landmark
    Kill the other team lofts of times / kill the other team lots of times

Having an organised team makes a world of difference. The maximum group size is 4, although you can have larger teams on a mission by calling backup. In a typical random group, everyone will be using their favourite weapon and relying on their own instincts. You'll still do well if you're a good player, but no one's going to tell you if they spot enemies coming up behind you, and people often end up attacking one by one and dying rather than waiting to regroup.

If you're working together properly, you can choose weapons to suit the situation - maybe one person with a high powered sniper rifle, another with an accurate assault rifle and two with shotguns or SMGs. Two snipers working together can kill a target before he can run for cover. One SMG user can distract a target and keep him behind cover while the other runs up behind him. 3 or 4 people working together are easily worth 5 or 6 disorganised players, even if the skill levels are roughly similar.

To be fair, even "Immensely epic omg omg" MMO's such as WoW, for one, has alot of trouble similar to this for thousands of players, and do nothing but blame the hardware companies. But yeah, its always a pain to have some sort of game-breaking glitch, bug and whatnot. One can only hope it'll be fixed at some point :|
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Excellently maniacal Steampowered automaton.

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

I've got about as close as I can be bothered to get with the logo. The font's still off but there's not much I can do about that. Made the shading lighter by duplicating the letters in white then making it transparent, opacity somewhere between 30-50 seems about right, the final result varies by the colour you're putting it on, but it looks darker than it does in the designer on anything.

Decal limit means I can't have the full logo on the back, because I had to split it into 2. I should be able to mail these logos to anyone who wants them, perhaps if someone does decide to buy premium they could make a uniform for us.

Ha, I love it how we had the same idea.
    Before buying the hoodie I had a knithat with a crosshair on it, just like you. :D
    And I cant be arsed to do the shading on the letters, as I think its pointless and takes away the ability to make outlines.
    The shading just looks awkward in game. You did a good job on making the letters oblique, though.

By the way... I was really thinking about buying premium for one month, just to test it. And I think I'll do. Excpect me upgrading to premium in a few days and then making some RPS gear.

P.S.:

Apart from Johnny, you are the first RPSer with a male character I saw.
    Im usually driving around women only...
    Last edited by Comrade Commissar; 28-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Alright, I'll try to make contact with you guys tonight or tomorrow.

I was planning on making a three-boobed chick la Total Recall but the character creator didnt let me change anything when I made the char. :(

Mhm, you need to switch to advanced mode for proper character customization.
    Quick mode somehow doesn't work.

I read about you not being able to customize your character a couple of pages ago, and when I finally installed the game and wanted to make my character, I was shocked to experience the same problem.
    But then the option of switching to "Advanced" mode caught my eye. I gave it a try and it lets you customize your character very good.

And by the way, you can still change the look of your character by going to the tattooist in Social. It's the same editor as in character creation.

Lettering is pretty easy to do. Drop all the letters into the symbol at default size then select them all. That way you can resize and skew them all together and put some temporary lines in to position them evenly.

Thats the same way I do it... ;)

Gah, why did I never think of that! No wonder my lettering always looks like a child's best effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Mhm, you need to switch to advanced mode for proper character customization.
    Quick mode somehow doesn't work.

I read about you not being able to customize your character a couple of pages ago, and when I finally installed the game and wanted to make my character, I was shocked to experience the same problem.
    But then the option of switching to "Advanced" mode caught my eye. I gave it a try and it lets you customize your character very good.

And by the way, you can still change the look of your character by going to the tattooist in Social. It's the same editor as in character creation.
    The simple customizer is only for randomized characters, where you choose age, skin colour, etc - And click randomize. Nothin' broken about it, although there ought to be a few hints and such, for the customizer. And you know weed, you can make your ideal RPS logo and share it with the entire clan - Cause we'll be able to use the symbols and such (whereas premium can make more advanced symbols, cars clothing etc - and yet share it with a none-premium whom can use it)... Its rather lovely really.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
    Oscar Wilde

Also known as Maniac, Maniacal Dane, Ulysses, (Mr)Centauri, Scorpion, Hyperion, Xerrow, Zaerow & a vast landscape of nicknames since lost in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flobulon View Post
    Gah, why did I never think of that! No wonder my lettering always looks like a child's best effort.
    Well, its not your fault as much as its the fault of G1 (and RTW back when they had the game up 'n' running), as theres just about no friggin' hints in about the designer and such - So it takes a while to figure it all out on your own, (They really should have a thorough-ish tutorial for the character customizer aswell as the symbol designer and such.) But, I'm quite sure they'll have decent tutorials for both once the game goes live-live, or atleast some hints for 'em ;)
    Oscar Wilde