New to Blood Bowl.

Hey lads, I'm new to Blood Bowl but I'd be interested in a match or two with the people here. Or even playing a tournament round. How do I start doing this?
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Have a look in here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...allenge-League

There is also a RPS Blood Bowl group on Steam where you should be able to find some nice people to play against.

Edit: You could also join the RPS Blood Bowl League: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...sions-of-Death! Just read the rules and get going, there are many very helpful people around.
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-03-2012 at 02:55 PM.

sf pretty much nailed it :)

Challenge League is a good place to go for a quick friendly, Divisions of Death is approaching it's 18th season now (!) and we're still friendly to newbies.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Awesome, thank you everyone! :)
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Obscure Node
    Guy, I'll post here, because I simple can't create any thread, and I'm looking for help on this game, that I just got.

I have a lot of doubts on this game, and I rly wish that someone can clarify some. I'm kind new on the game, and I don't know if this game have a player base, so it's a shot in the dark but It's worth anyway.

1º Where can I download replays? I searched everywhere and I can't find any replay anywhere. I mean it, I passed more than 3 hours just searching for replays to downloa from championships and could not find a single one.

2º What's the porpose of cheering fans, cheer leaders and rioting fans on this game?

3º Some times at random some animations occurs, like one of my players get +1 MA from nowhere, and gets a scroll on his head, or a big animation is played on everyone on one team, showing +1 AV but I think nothing happens. What's that, and how we make that happen?

4º Is it true that single player Normal AI is Harder than the Hard AI?

5º What the Big Boy(found in blood bowl digital) mod does? Does it work on the latest version of the game?

6º Where can I find or how can I get the "fan favorite" perk?

7º Is there anyway to make the AI more challeging? Like a mod that makes they play better?

8º Is there still people working on projects to improve the game? If yes, where can I find those projects?

9º Are the Devs still working on the game? (releasing patchs)

10° Where do you guys play this game? I want some friendly matchs, playing with the computer rly don't improve my game anymore :/

I have more questions, but this is what poped from my head right now. Thanks everyone and good day, I hope someone can clarify something to me :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There is still a very active player base but the casual crowd is dwindling so it is increasingly about private leagues rather than pick up and play MM style games. To answer your questions:

1: BB Manager is your best bet for finding replays. A recent patch has buggered up older games but anything from the last month or two onwards still works.

2: Cheering fans/rioting fans are Cyanide specific ‘extended’ inducements, so not part of the game proper. They impact on the recharge rate of the wizard. Cheerleaders come into play on a kick off event adding +1 per cheerleader to a D3 roll with the winner getting an extra reroll.

3: Educated guess here that you are playing real time mode? Sounds like it may be the wizard scrolls or somesuch, but no one really plays real time.

4: Sort of. The AI is stupidly bad on all skill levels but on hard it gets so risk averse that anyone with the slightest idea of how to run a stalling screen defence will be able to shut down an AI drive. It takes more chances on normal so occasionally with good rolls it will make some progress.

5: Not 100% sure about big boy; I believe it was an AI mod on the original version of the game.

6: Never seen Fan Favourite on Cyanide.

9: Support is a thorny issue. Cyanide just released a new patch but broke a load more stuff and there is still a long list of issues going back years to beta. Support seems to be limited to a patch or two post-release and then nothing until a new version is launched. Chaos Edition will be released in a couple of months time.

Obscure Node
    Oh no, real time just suck. I play turn based, I love turn based games like Civilization, so blood bowl could not be different :P

And well, I'll take a screen shot next time this wierd thing happens. But I swear that this some times a appers that a wizard uses some skills from no where (like giving +1 MA to my star runner, or + 1 AV to everyone of the enemy team, which does not work).

But it's strange, have features that does not work, and I noticed some very game breaking bugs.

Like if you buy a wizard, the AI will not do a thing some turns. (if you play on single player). Apparently sometimes all players get the bonus dodge, even if they shouldnt. I don't think that the trees taking roots makes a difference on their AV, because on the turn after it taking rots, they don't get injured or anything(maybe I'm getting the skill wrong).

But is good to know that there are still players on this game. It's great.

But I want to know where you guys play. Is that steam? Or you play on some kind of different way, like Tunggle or Hamachi?

Obscure Node
    Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to ask.

BB manager? Is that a website or a program to download? Can you give me link? I googled it, but I got into a program, and I'm not sure if it's trusted to download at random, because it can be something else with the name bb manager, like an APP for a cel phone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Sounds like you are playing the blitz-version of blood bowl instead of classic? That version does have some of the extended inducements.

Treemen taking root does not lose any AV except they can't move the rest of the drive unless they get knocked over.

The current competition rules are here - www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

They may help with some of your queries, but it does sound like you're playing blitz mode rather than classic (which tends to be the preferred mode).
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Obscure Node
    Yes, I play blitz. It just sounds more fun. I never tried the classic.

I alrdy readed the game rules, but I rly didnt understood what's the difference in classic.

I know that there is no ageing, sposors and I guess no cheer leaders. But I dont know if anything else changes and...well I don't know if I should change it,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Aye the single player is a bit borked, best rule of thumb is that if its a cyanide addition it probably isnt worth using, your best bet if youd like to play with the lovely rps'ers is the challenge league for friendlies and the divisions of death for leagues, links up there in the original posts

Obscure Node
    But where you guys play?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Hmm? We use the multiplayer in Blood Bowl where some splendid individuals have set up leagues for all RPS-ers to play. See the links that squirrelfanatic posted before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull- View Post
    Yes, I play blitz. It just sounds more fun. I never tried the classic.

I alrdy readed the game rules, but I rly didnt understood what's the difference in classic.

I know that there is no ageing, sposors and I guess no cheer leaders. But I dont know if anything else changes and...well I don't know if I should change it,
    Blitz vs Classic

Essentially the Classic rules are the official Blood Bowl rules as used in the tabletop game (more or less, there are a couple of things outstanding that the video game hasn't implemented).

The Blitz version is the classic game, plus some additional stuff Cyanide added. This includes player aging, contracts, sponsors, equipment and some extra inducements. These additions haven't been vetted or playtested outside of Cyanide's QA, unlike the Classic rules which have been tested over years and years of tabletop play. For this reason they aren't so popular with a lot of fans.

Inducements in Classic mode:
    • Wizard (Fireball or Lightning Bolt only, once per game, does not recharge)
    • Wandering Apothecaries/Igors
    • Cheerleaders
    • Bribes
    • Bloodweiser Babes
    • Extra Team Training
    • Halfling Master Chef
    • Mercenaries and Star Players

All other inducements (iirc) are Cyanide's Blitz additions.

Personally I don't mind playing Blitz mode every now and again, the added factors make the single player mode a bit more interesting. But it isn't well balanced in places, especially when it comes to the Wizard.

However if you are new to Blood Bowl the Classic mode is the recommended starting point. There are less weird team management rules, the whole thing's better documented, and it's also the most common format for online leagues by an extremely wide margin (yes Blitz is that unpopular), so it better prepares you for multiplayer.

Weird Effects in Blitz

The weird graphical effects you've mentioned may well be race-specific spells, which replace the Wizard's fireball and lightning bolt in Blitz by default. Stat adjustments will either be coming from equipment (if they last a whole match) or some racial spells (if they last a couple of turns).

AI Mods

I don't know about the Big Boy mod specifically, but there are other AI mods out there. The Blood Bowl Community Content Pack adds new AI and a lot of other single player improvements. There is also the New Wave mod which I've used before and is still compatible. Other AI mods pop up from time to time, like this one.
    Last edited by Screwie; 25-05-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Obscure Node
    Awesome mate. Thanks a lot for everyone. You were all very helpful. I'll stop bothering everyone. I just can't express how gratful I'm :)