Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar

Last edited by Wolfenswan; 21-03-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    That was great fun. Thirdkje was lethan on that humvee M2, I couldn't even see the buildings, never mind the enemy, but he was sniping from with a machine gun. Pretty elite.

Tank battle was fun, but I am hopeless at tanks so had no idea if I was hitting anything. Good though, Unaco's smoke grenade scared the crap out of me.

Big push mission was terrifying, but fun, even if I barely got a shot off at anything and spent most of the time panicking that i'd be left behind. Then it turned out I'd gone ahead and got slaughtered.

Escape at night was great fun, satchelling the BDM, jumping in the jeep and powering out from under their noses, watching the AI shoot a civilian and AVENGING HIS DEATH. Good times. Thanks everyone, that was lots of fun.

Being a tank commander was hilarious, as the driver and gunner were killed, and I ended up immobile in the middle of a field trashing tanks. Managed to take out 2-3 tanks and claim a draw, despite Alex's amazing ambush from the treeline. At the end of wolfs video, that's me that pops the ridgeline tank and the tank that chased Head down the road.

Force ten was good fun, although enemy smoke seperated me and I was quickly killed. Needle and haystack was good, but i'd appreciate less suicides when I get field promoted, thanks.
    Last edited by DWZippy; 21-03-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Whoa wait, hang on. You can zoom in from the tank? Jesus, no wonder I couldn't see anything.

[AAR] [Sun] 25 March 2012 - LDDK, CiA & Folk/ARPS Joint Session

Cross-posting from the official Folk forum AAR thread:

Missions:
    • Greenola (LDDK attacks)
    • Greenola (Folk/ARPS/CiA attacks)
    • Finale SE (the after-party)

Being murderised in the dark by the Finns remains one of my favourite ways to play ArmA, so I have to thank our comrades from LDDK and CiA for another wonderful evening of large-scale confusion and frantic shooting with around 55 guests. Special thanks to comrades Spinoza (LDDK) and Variable (CiA) for helping to organise the event, and to everyone from the LDDK, CiA, ARPS and Folk communities who participated.

:v:

On the Folk/ARPS/CiA side, two special mentions:

• Comrade Unaco - for preparing a plan earlier in the week that led to our narrow victory over LDDK in the first mission.
    • Comrade Bubba (CiA) - for his heroic destruction of the cache at the Mosque of Death[tm].

A warm welcome, too, to our new guests (including comrade Rawdog, who gracefully accepted the challenge of being CO in Finale SE during the brief after-party). As ever, it was a pleasure to see everyone from all the communities in the session. I hope you enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. Please share any thoughts, feedback, videos or images in this thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    thanks for organizing this Fer, it was really fun.

Apologies first of all to Harakka for shooting him in the back by accident, and to our team for being unable to read a map properly! I m curious how the mission went when FOLK/ARPS/CIA were attacking and the Finns were hiding.

I was part of the Charlie hit & run squad, but we did more hide & relax in a building until we got ambushed. Those Finns are scary!
    Head ordered us to relocate to another building, but it turned out to be a small hut, where I got pinned down. Then Head got shot.
    We received the order to retreat just as Bushcat caught a face full of lead, after which his killer casually leaned around the corner of my hut and somehow evaded my RPK fire and shot me.

The attacking mission... Well. Charlie squad was two down fairly early in the mission because those Finns just came from everywhere. Head and myself just sprinted from one cache location to the next until a sniper got us. We tried our best!

In Finale SE we had the pleasure of being lead by the new blood Rawdog. There was a bit of a situation in the TS3 channel involving a specific term that shouldn't be mentioned but rhymes with 'nation'. People got kicked, went to play APB Reloaded (traitors, you know who you are) and Egg walked the fine line by mentioning said word a couple more times. He ended up commanding Fer and myself, and I had a lot of fun listening to their arguing. I was machinegunner on a roof (you can guess how that ended) and pew pew'd at the oncoming tanks, but we could not stem the tide.
    We will finish Finale! It's just a matter of time.
    Last edited by Siddin; 26-03-2012 at 10:55 AM.

[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 27-03-2012

Mission list for 27th of march:
    • Fired Up
    • Tankicious (desert.pbo)
    • Hunter Hunted
    • Technicality
    • Escape
    It hit me, having DOMI running pre-TT and Escape for the wind down, that ARPS has changed and become a more robust and larger operation since the beginning. A lot of familiar faces tonight but also a few new ones.
    It was very good to see you all and thanks for playing! Hope to see you next time!

ARPS FIGHTING!!1

Thanks for hosting and organising, was very fun! Hunter Hunted was my favorite mission for the session, pretty intense running around the forest with flashlights, not knowing if there's an enemy behind the tree.

Good session lads, nice work organdisering it wash.

ARPS HWAITANG ~~~~

A lot of forest missions made my framerate quite choppy, but the session was incredibly fun nonetheless. Thanks for hosting, Washington.

Yup, my PC was also acting up at that escape mission, sorry for leaving in the middle, but it was great fun nonetheless. Thanks for the great time.

Network Hub

[AAR] (Sun) 1 April 2012 (April Fools) Folk Session.

Missions:
    • Daring raid
    • Cacheola
    • Highway
    • Unreachable

A good solid turn out lead to some rather successful missions. The amount of death and bullets was not diminished by this shocking display of competence however and much fun was had all round. Thanks for turning up and shooting and dying with us, a couple of new faces is always pleasant. Please add your tales of death below.

Also

Please click the map to teleport

Activated Node
    Vid from Highway

Activated Node
    End of the Cache-mission(switch to 480p)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I hate you Ice, spoiling such a nice run like that! I was sure I was gonna get away.

[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 03/04/2012 - Rabbit hunting

ARPS once again steps up to the plate and delivers another entertaining TacTues evening with 20+ able bodies.

The missions for the evening where:
    • Halted
    • Internecine II
    • Guns of Nagarone
    • Headhunters

Thanks to all the beautiful people who joined tonight and made it an awesome night. Sorry for the long wait both before and during Guns of Nagarone, I hope it only made the action that followed even greater. Post any experiences/stories/tales of the evening below!
    Last edited by SvDvorak; 03-04-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Obscure Node
    I always miss the weeks we play headhunters.Havent played it once yet.How is/was it?need changing at all?

I thought Headhunters worked just fine. The first LZ chosen to the northeast of the target turned out to be hot with alot of hostiles continuing along that road. In the end we succeeded pretty narrowly. I thought it worked out perfectly.

Oh, I remember now we had some initial trouble with fitting players in the transport choppers. Instead we had to put them in the attack chopper as well.

Obscure Node
    I need to tweak the transports.Problem getting markers to work when you add other stuff outside of folk platoon orbat,if i remember correctly.