Activated Node

ACRE - easy install via Six Updater

Some of you have been having lots of problems when trying to install ACRE so I did this easy little tutorial video.
    If you've got any questions just ask here or shoot me a PM here/on steam.
    (also I heard that Head knows everything about ACRE)

And here I was hoping your sexy voice would be walking us through the process... Sad times.

It's worth mentioning that using Sixupdater is risky in that it has corrupted ArmA for several people, requiring a complete redownload (via Steam). Be careful!

Network Hub
    that's sounds like bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    that's sounds like bullshit.
    Are you referring to my statement? Because I believe Ivan had that problem, as well as some other people.

really digging the welcome picture, iceraiser :P

i run steam A2 / retail OA with sixupdater (installed in "program files x86"), haven't had a problem so far. i wonder what it could mess up installation-wise.. patching the game? patching to beta? other than that, it shouldn't affect anything but new and unimportant folders. anywho, nice video ice.

and i'm with Siddin; missing the sexy voice

Activated Node
    Only use Six Updater for mods and don't install any beta crap and it won't fudge up your ArmA-files.
    And you do get a popup asking you if you'll allow files being put outside the mod-folders.

I might try narrating it and do it with less clicks/flying around with the cursor trying to find the stuff :P

Unless sixupdater does something blindingly stupid, the beta stuff shouldn't mess things up anyway as OA beta files go into a separate directory (aptly named "beta") and don't overwrite any non-beta stuff, that is, the actual game files.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Activated Node
    but installing betacrap might start fucking with ArmA that's not beta(steam).

Due to popular demand I'm gonna look into doing a narration for the video or just redo it with my creepy voice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Do it with an outrageous Italian accent.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by IceRaiser View Post
    but installing betacrap might start fucking with ArmA that's not beta(steam).
    If you are talking about the Arma beta, then its highly unlikely, unless you fudge something up. Otherwise, if you do install ACRE from SixUpdater then yes, that can fudge up as well, since ACRE requires JayArma2Lib stuff, which has a .dll it needs to overwrite.