Hybrid View

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar

Two topics! News writer / emailing the RPS fortress

Are there any updates on the search for a new news writer? I ask mostly because of (potential, maybe) issues I've had with emailing the various RPS addresses before. I've sent in a few feedback emails / compo entries / an application to the news writer gig, but I've never received a response -- negative nor positive nor acknowledgement of receipt -- to any email I've sent. I do receive newsy site update stuff, like when the forum has hackified, so maybe there's an issue on my end. Are my messages being filtered as spam? I'm not a bot, I promise. I think.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I used to hear back from RPS somtimes after mailing, but not for a long time now. Is it because they are busy, or is it because things aren't arriving? Who can tell?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I used to hear back from RPS somtimes after mailing, but not for a long time now. Is it because they are busy, or is it because things aren't arriving? Who can tell?
    Same here. It's likely because they've grown so large their inbox weeps itself to sleep every night.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I'm currently assuming that Craig Pearson is the new news writer. When they announced hiring a replacement for Quinns Adam started writing stuff pretty soon after that but it wasn't officially announced for a while. I think that's what has happened in this case, Craig's been doing a tonne of news in the last little while so I think they'll announce him coming on board soon.

I don't know anything about emailing sorry.

I am Mr Alec Meer, lord of hair Bonzrat's Avatar
    Much as he's been doing a stand-up job, Craig is only temporary cover until we've decided on the news person, I can assure you. He has his own grand plans.

Sorry we're taking a while to sort out the news writer post - hundreds of applications again, which is not an easy thing for the three editors to sort out on top of running the site on a daily basis.

As for replying to emails - yeah, we get so damn many these days, both because the site's more popular and because of the explosion in indie games. It's one of the things that having a dedicated newsbod can hopefully help with, in fact.
    Peace through tyranny

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzrat View Post
    Much as he's been doing a stand-up job, Craig is only temporary cover until we've decided on the news person, I can assure you. He has his own grand plans.

Sorry we're taking a while to sort out the news writer post - hundreds of applications again, which is not an easy thing for the three editors to sort out on top of running the site on a daily basis.

As for replying to emails - yeah, we get so damn many these days, both because the site's more popular and because of the explosion in indie games. It's one of the things that having a dedicated newsbod can hopefully help with, in fact.
    Thanks! No apologies required. I just received an email reply moments ago. Didn't make the cut, but good luck to the guy/gal who does.
    steam

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    There's enough news in the world today. First things first. Have you tried finding the gaming equivalent of Sergio Aragones to doodle in the margins?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Asking a stupid question: is the application window still open, or is it one of those "contact us any time and we'll put you on the list" kind of things? I imagine if you've already got hundreds you don't want more, but then again what's one more on top of hundreds?