Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Hi all, i'd like to join you in the upcoming GW2 beta... handle is InsaneDane.5437

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkContent View Post
    Yup, I think the only downside is that if (on release) you choose a European server as your home server your account will be flagged as European and as such you'd go through Euro customer support. Which isn't really a bad thing at all as if your on a EU server you'll likely be playing during EU times.
    Ah ok, sounds good then! See you guys on the front!

Right, updated front page. Also welcome to all the lurkers who've come out of the woodwork!

I have a 50 slot Mumble server we can use for GW2 excitement

IP: 85.236.101.45
    Port: 13237

And in an attempt to keep out the riff raff...
    Password: the name of our ursine lord (all lower case). Hint it begins with an h

I'd be grateful if the server was restricted to English speakers only and as this is my personal mumble I will ban dicks, so be super fabulous to each other, mmkay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Really excited for this, only played an MMO with a friend rather than a big group and even then not usually at launch.

I'll be on tonight, but after seeing The Avengers!

Count me in, looking forward to the weekend.

Handle is:
    Vance Petrol.3710

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I haven't a a suitable mic here so I wont be on the mumble server (well, speaking on it at any rate) but good to know we're getting well co-ordinated :]

I'm certainly up for joining you gentlemen in combat.

Handle is: apocraphyn.9620

I became fairly skilled at skirmishing in RvR as a Ranger last time around, but I'll probably be Guardian-ing it up this time. Anyone out there with Guardian tips/preferences?

For anyone interested in Ranger, I'd recommend going with the Greatsword and the Longbow. I had never expected to, but I ended up spending the grand majority of my time tearing peoples' faces off in melee combat, rather than shooting them with my bow. Brilliantly good fun.

Obscure Node
    Another cell for the hive-mind, my account name: Sammael.5783

For Tyria, you have my rifle and grenades!

Davee.2486

Also; for a title I would suggest "Rock, Paper, Blunderbuss". Sure, it's not an S, but it is basically ye olde equivalent of a Shotgun.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by apocraphyn View Post
    I'm certainly up for joining you gentlemen in combat.

Handle is: apocraphyn.9620

I became fairly skilled at skirmishing in RvR as a Ranger last time around, but I'll probably be Guardian-ing it up this time. Anyone out there with Guardian tips/preferences?

For anyone interested in Ranger, I'd recommend going with the Greatsword and the Longbow. I had never expected to, but I ended up spending the grand majority of my time tearing peoples' faces off in melee combat, rather than shooting them with my bow. Brilliantly good fun.
    Think I'm going to roll with sword/warhorn and longbow. Did you try the warhorn at all?

Activated Node
    RPS lurker here signing up: Xari.2176

Obscure Node
    Hi guys!

NeraMorte.3187

Quote Originally Posted by footlingsummers View Post
    Did you try the warhorn at all?
    Somewhat. The warhorn was brilliant for buffing an entire party, and the single-handed sword was fairly decent too. It allowed you to leap away and back towards your opponent at will with the "2" ability (depending on cooldown, of course), as well as having the slithering poison ability on "3" and finally getting the ranged hawk attack with the warhorn, which was also quite useful. Definitely one of the stronger set-ups, but it just didn't have the massive damage of the greatsword.

Just signed up for the RPS forums, looking for a group to play with in the beta.

RebelMaren.5690

Looking forward to playing with you'se in the beta and perhaps beyond!
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

It seems that the guild I'm in (Frozen Dawn) will be in the same server as you RPS folks so if you see me you can say hello. You can also add me to friends kauhuk.1589

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by apocraphyn View Post
    Somewhat. The warhorn was brilliant for buffing an entire party, and the single-handed sword was fairly decent too. It allowed you to leap away and back towards your opponent at will with the "2" ability (depending on cooldown, of course), as well as having the slithering poison ability on "3" and finally getting the ranged hawk attack with the warhorn, which was also quite useful. Definitely one of the stronger set-ups, but it just didn't have the massive damage of the greatsword.
    Sweet, will definitely be rolling around in WvW with this.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by footlingsummers View Post
    Sweet, will definitely be rolling around in WvW with this.
    I'm thinking an organised group of ranged attackers with either a elementalist laying down walls, a ranger with a torch or a warrior loaded with banners and the "On My Mark" skill can really tear an enemy apart. Will probably live in WvW as soon as I've got all of my favoured weapon set unlocked.

Ill be on playing the hell out of the game... well in between you know sleep and work.

Handle: Blnk.1702

See you ingame!

Obscure Node
    Hi,
    Well the rising excitement of the beta weekend crushed any restraint I might have possessed.
    Hopefully this will go a little smoother than the D3 weekend, hope to see you ingame.

Wibblish.3291

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    if you're in the eu, you can get gw2 for 20% off at greenmangaming (includes the 3day headstart, access to all the betas, etc.)

voucher code: GREEN-DEALS-GUILD
    i hate character limits