Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjapirate View Post
    I just logged in (to Desolation) only to find myself being the only member left on the RPS guild's roster.
    Did I miss something? Did everyone switch worlds? Or is this a bug of some sort?
    Unless something awful happened while I got some dinner then its just you, just about 20 or so at last count.

In terms of the server Desolation as been largely fine today a few random crashes and d/c's with occasional overflow usage but generally very good.

If peeps want to join us by all means come on to mumble, its quite involved so dont always pick up on text chat - apologies if I've therefore ignored anyone today as a result.

5 of us ran WvW which after a few false starts was great fun. We're all pretty high level now but there's plenty of lower level peeps as well if people are looking for leveling partners.

All a bit disorganised at the mo but given the short time frame and that everything its going to be wiped its not really surprising

Thanks for the quick feedback!
    I'll try logging out and back in again, as that also fixed my problem with accepting the guild invitation last night.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Unless something awful happened while I got some dinner then its just you, just about 20 or so at last count.

In terms of the server Desolation as been largely fine today a few random crashes and d/c's with occasional overflow usage but generally very good.

If peeps want to join us by all means come on to mumble, its quite involved so dont always pick up on text chat - apologies if I've therefore ignored anyone today as a result.

5 of us ran WvW which after a few false starts was great fun. We're all pretty high level now but there's plenty of lower level peeps as well if people are looking for leveling partners.

All a bit disorganised at the mo but given the short time frame and that everything its going to be wiped its not really surprising
    What yr character name? Tryna get an invite to the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by footlingsummers View Post
    What yr character name? Tryna get an invite to the guild.
    Timofee about to re-sign in now

EDIT actually just signed in and I have the same problem as ninjapirate in being the only member listed in the guild panel so things may be taking a turn for the wonky
    Last edited by Timofee; 28-04-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Timofee about to re-sign in now

EDIT actually just signed in and I have the same problem as ninjapirate in being the only member listed in the guild panel so things may be taking a turn for the wonky
    Logging out and back in again fixed the problem for me.

I'm getting error code 48, and I can't seem to access the Guild Wars 2 fix page. Got in earlier and played a bit of warrior and thief. Really enjoyed myself the time I got to play!

Been trying to get in for roughly half an hour now so I think I might give up for the evening. Hopefully I'll get in tomorra'!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post
    I'm getting error code 48, and I can't seem to access the Guild Wars 2 fix page. Got in earlier and played a bit of warrior and thief. Really enjoyed myself the time I got to play!

Been trying to get in for roughly half an hour now so I think I might give up for the evening. Hopefully I'll get in tomorra'!
    What is the fix page?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Can someone throw me an invite? I'm Sketch.3478

Right, so I went solo and leveled 4 characters up to ~lvl 10. The Fact that grouping happens "automaticaly" and everything is shared makes this a good solo PvE game I think.

Plus most kinds of group organisation seemed more or less doomed with people being stuck on overflow. I entered the "real" server maybe three or four times during the weekend.

Still very fun. Looking forward to the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by downgrade View Post
    Right, so I went solo and leveled 4 characters up to ~lvl 10. The Fact that grouping happens "automaticaly" and everything is shared makes this a good solo PvE game I think.

Plus most kinds of group organisation seemed more or less doomed with people being stuck on overflow. I entered the "real" server maybe three or four times during the weekend.

Still very fun. Looking forward to the launch.
    Yeah, the grouping and instanced loot is great.

The overflow is definitely better than queuing but still needs some work particularly for people in parties (even just the option to 'join friend on overflow' would be good

Now I'm intrigued to see whether chars wipe between weekends or not. Likewise guilds - I don't want to have to invite everyone again!

Plenty more thoughts on the weekend but figure I'll share them in the impression thread on the other forum.

Now I'm intrigued to see whether chars wipe between weekends or not. Likewise guilds - I don't want to have to invite everyone again!
    Don't know for sure, but my guild from the closed beta persisted into the open beta, hopefully that will be true here. Characters didn't and I'm pretty sure they won't.

I was away for the weekend and bought it late Sunday. Played for about 2 hours in total. Will have to join you guys for the next one!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Apologies for no-showing much of this weekend, but my PC was not behaving right.

I spent all Saturday and most of Sunday trying to resolve what appeared to be an issue that has afflicted my desktop occasionally but was exasperated by GW2 to the extent where I couldn't play for more than 20 minutes without a full-on crash.

Then I found on the official beta forums that there is an issue with some high-end nVidia cards that apes the problems I'd been seeing exactly. The suggested workaround was underclocking the card by about 20%... and this worked a treat!

So in the end I had only a few hours of uninterrupted fun, but better late than never. I'm looking forward to joining the guild and getting more involved next time!

Frustrating news via reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._for_next_bwe/

Sounds like there's a strong chance all characters etc will be wiped for the next beta weekend. Not set in stone though.

Doesn't really surprise me but rather annoying nevertheless

Was Desolation the final choice for guild server?

Was away at the weekend, and with that and the login problems, only got to poke my head into the game saturday morning. Desolation was full so I went for a non-full server. Is this going to cause problems for future betas or release as my home server is now locked to elsewhere? Or is that going to get reset?

Hope to join you all on the next one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Desolation seemed to have WvW sewn up last weekend, owning 75% of the capturable structures there by the time I managed to get on proper.

I don't mind returning to that server, although I don't know if it's the final choice.

Also if ArenaNet really are wiping everything before the next BWE we can probably expect a repeat of the hordes of players around the starter areas... I might vanish into PvP for a few hours.

Obscure Node
    All the players will be wiped, or at least a thread stating this said they would be wiped so that customers could "experience the improvements made to the beta build" - that that means adding tutorial information about where to repair damaged armour for new players then this is all well and good.

I'm interested in joining in the guild - were we planning to use Deslation?

We were on Desolation, which seemed pretty good. I guess we'll see how it goes pop-wise when the next BWE is announced.

I'm definitely going to be looking to group up for levelling this time. Couldn't get on long enough to make it viable last time, but will make an effort next time if the servers hold up.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    So it looks like monday sees a stress test allowing players to use the same characters as last beta weekend.

Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    So it looks like monday sees a stress test allowing players to use the same characters as last beta weekend.

Which is nice.
    Interesting although I confess that based on my experience of the last Stress Test I might give this one a miss.