Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    And you can get transmutation stones quite easily from completing areas. I got 3 for use on gear up to level 79 for completing the little bits in Rata Sum and another for completing daily rewards.

We went through and previewed all the dungeon / racial armour over the weekend. I've already got sets picked out for 2 of my characters:

Edit: annoyingly there was no way to preview two one-handed weapons, otherwise my Warrior would have a groovy looking axe from another set which I apparently forgot to take a picture of

The greatest thing about the transmutation stones is it frees the designers up to be way more creative and adventurous in some of their armour designs, as it doesn't matter as much if 99% of people think a set is shit, they can just get the bonus and switch appearance.

That being said I was fairly surprise by how generic a lot of the designs were.

Yeh I love the transmutation stones. I rarely like the look of 'epic' or 'legendary' armour, most of the time it just looks far too ridiculous for my taste. Although that's probably because Blizzard's armour designers were God awful. Most of the time I liked the look of 'green' or 'blue' armour sets more but could never wear them because of the awful stats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Meh, I want my character wear rags at lvl 80.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

One of the things I like most about the armour sets is the sheer range of appearance you can get, whether you want to go for the barely clothed sex object look or actually wear some proper armour it's possible on any character.

After chatting with squirrel last night I was having a go designing a logo for the steam group. This is what I've come up with so far.

Not overly happy with them but thought I'd throw them out for feedback

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The first one is really nice!

Yeh the first one is really good. Maybe it would be better if Horace was 'reversed', coming in from the side and facing the dragon, if if you know what I mean.

It would just be perfect if there was a bear guild emblem ingame.

Where you got dem mad grafuk skillz?

The first one is the one I would prefer. I'll change the group settings so you can upload the file everyone likes best.
    Forum janitor in training.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Yeh the first one is really good. Maybe it would be better if Horace was 'reversed', coming in from the side and facing the dragon, if if you know what I mean.
    Good shout. Still not overly happy. But lacking inspiration so see what you make of this.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    It would just be perfect if there was a bear guild emblem ingame.
    Agreed. It did occur to me that technically there is what I think is supposed to be a bear print:

We could use that I guess

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Where you got dem mad grafuk skillz? The first one is the one I would prefer.
    You give me way to much credit. We can thank John's mighty talents for horace, which I just re touched up, and whichever legend at Anet did the GW2 'two'

I'll change the group settings so you can upload the file everyone likes best.
    Ta

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Bear paw looks nice.
    Is that bear looking badger a guild symbol?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Still not overly happy. But lacking inspiration so see what you make of this.
    Ideas:
    - keep the original style for the dragon-two (as in keep it red) and maybe play with the color for Horace so it fits better. Or colorize the two with something that fits better with brown.
    - tattoo the dragon-two on Horace directly

That bear paw is not bad, but it lacks the oompf of the unicorn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    vs

Of these two, I feel like the first one is better ... the second one leaves a large black mass down the centre of the image which draws the eye in too much. Maybe if there was a different, lighter background behind Horace, but then things start to get a bit busy.

Also, unicorn is better! It's more unique and distinct, and is more typical of a heraldic device.

Could we get rid of the black? seems like it could be filled with the red.

Have to say I prefer the bear paw, the unicorn is a bit Brony-ish

How would it look if we exchanged the black with white? That would be a bit more in the direction of the official GW2 symbol. Might conflict with the Horace's lovely brown skin though.

And is there something GW2 related that we could... attach to Horace? Like an Elementalist's headpiece for example.

Network Hub
    I was a bit bored, so I thought I would take a swing at an emblem, the idea was to make it look like the signet icons for the game.

Hm, I'm not sure if black, red, white is a good colour combination for our guild flag. :P Apart from that, very good idea in my opinion. Maybe something more alike to this:

Thanks to all of you who contribute with their ideas and work!

Network Hub
    Hm, I'm not sure if black, red, white is a good colour combination for our guild flag. :P Apart from that, very good idea in my opinion. Maybe something more alike to this:

Are you suggesting the green and gold for the colour palette?

I was just keeping in colour theme with what has been posted previously, if anyone has any further suggestions I can easily make changes.

Edit: I also promoted Timofee to officer status for the Steam group, since he practically is our future guild leader and maybe wants to announce stuff on the group page. I've never managed a group before, so if someone has an idea or suggestion about how to improve the group, feel free to tell me.
    There's a steam group? :O

Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    I was a bit bored, so I thought I would take a swing at an emblem, the idea was to make it look like the signet icons for the game.

I did toy with the idea of a signet ring impression, but my efforts always ended up rubbish. Dammit if only I had a 3D printer, I could effectively create a horus head signet ring and take a real photo of it pressed into wax

Well Red, White and Black kind of are the RPS colours (as well as the nazi party). I guess technically RPS colours are more Silver, Maroon and Black

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboot View Post
    There's a steam group? :O
    yarp http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rockpapersignet