Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1113
    Logging in this morning, signs are good that its fixed. At least I'm back in the guild and invites have gone out. That being said we look a little light on members so it may not be fixed for everyone just yet

Quote Originally Posted by harhis23 View Post
    I finally got my account, too. I am hoping for invitations: jhonnyrocker.7834
    Thanks.
    Hmm, tried inviting and it doesnt seem to like this account. Is that defo the right numbers at the end?

For the first time I played yesterday with a fellow RPSer, and it was nice. The power a full team would hold just boggles the mind. Also, his guardian was outdamaging everybody else on the map by FAR. And the thief is starting to feel cooler now that I have two traits. I fear the class will need quicker fingers than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    For the first time I played yesterday with a fellow RPSer, and it was nice. The power a full team would hold just boggles the mind. Also, his guardian was outdamaging everybody else on the map by FAR. And the thief is starting to feel cooler now that I have two traits. I fear the class will need quicker fingers than I have.
    I have the same feeling about the thief. I really like it, but my fingers feel to slow for melee combat. But we will get used to it, until then we hide in the shadows.
    I met a fellow RPSer yesterday in Kessex Hills. He/she was looking for a POI and so was I, so we helped each other to complete the map. Was nice... While I was looking for a POI, I got told to look in the lava cave for it. So I ran into the cave, just to find 10 or 15 dead players and a huge fight going on. It took another 4 or 5 minutes to kill the boss, while everybody was reviving all over the place. That was intense and fucking awesome.

And I love running around with my thief since I've unlocked the Signet of Shadows. Speeeeed yaw!

Having a blast so far.

Broen: do you use the "Steal" profession skill at all? I'm mostly ranged and I find it's so very useless!

Broen: do you use the "Steal" profession skill at all? I'm mostly ranged and I find it's so very useless!
    Hey, yeah I use it a lot. First of all, it's a nice gap closer: free, with "Mug" it's free damage too, and last but not least you get a nice extra skill out of it. Some of them are not that good, but if you manage to steal e.a. "Whirling axe" off of a warrior in a group of enemies, it's pretty awesome. And you can use it while being stunned, if I remember correctly. That's also pretty cool! I'm still waiting for my first ranger steal: I WANT TO PLANT THAT TREE!

Edit: In group fights I use ranged weapons a lot, too. So I steal to close the gap and set up "Ambush", then I move out again (Disabling shot) and watch my thief buddy kicking the enemies butt.
    Last edited by Broen; 28-08-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I'll have to see what this "Ambush" thing is. I just don't feel the steal for ranged combat. Jumping in when you are not specced for melee is a bit meh, and wasting dodges and initiative to get back out again when I could haev stayed out and use the initiative for actual damage and control... Maybe I'm just being stubborn.

Obscure Node
    I'd love an invite to the guild: ubernutz.2083

The trick is that you can steal at the end of the fight and use it on your next target.

I'll have to see what this "Ambush" thing is. I just don't feel the steal for ranged combat. Jumping in when you are not specced for melee is a bit meh, and wasting dodges and initiative to get back out again when I could haev stayed out and use the initiative for actual damage and control... Maybe I'm just being stubborn.
    "Ambush" is a trap, that summons a melee or a ranged thief when triggered (for 20 s). It's pretty good. I guess you are right, going into a fight specced for ranged and then jumping in seems like a bad idea. But if there is a big fight, the chances are good, that you get in and out without to much trouble. And the thief has nice utilities/skills, that let you hide in the shadows to get your shit back together. Yeah, the initiative is a problem but I don't see it like wasted when I use it e.a. for "disabling shot". The evasive leap comes with a little damage and cripples the target for 2s.

I guess that's why I like the thief: Moving like a crazy person, popping in and out of the shadows, pretending to know what I'm doing, pretending to be everything at once. Sometimes the fingers of my left hand end up all tangled up, that if the enemy could see me, they would die from laughing.

I have the first two traits on the Acrobatics line (+speed +power when dodging) and it's changed the way I play into something WAY cooler and WAY more suboptimal!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I initially went for the hilarious combination of Precision, Power and RUNNING AWAY FROM THINGS on my thief , it actually worked pretty well in WvW, waiting for a vulnerable opponent, then pouncing on them and killing them then falling back. But due to some problems with that build in PvE. I've gone for a mix of Power, toughness and probably condition damage instead to focus on the initiative regen, allowing me to spam the more powerful abilities more often. I've heard you can spec into making the venom utility skills very useful as well, using the trait trees.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Network Hub
    There's also a pretty good ability that every class gets in PvP called "Throw Ally Under The Bus." It's pretty effective as an escape mechanism. Our group put it to good use last night, I'm sure Jockie got an achievement for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    It's not my fault I have awesome mobility, several stealths/shadow dashes, a heal/de-snare and an impeccable sense of when to get the hell out of dodge, whereas all you have is a massive Polar Bear called Bill.
    Last edited by Jockie; 28-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Dammit, now I need to play my thief again. At least until she gets to level 20 and can start dropping dozens of caltrops like she has gaping holes in her pockets (thanks Uncatchable).

I shall be joining this later in the week.

Race choice is probably between Charr and Asura, class choice between Engineer, Elementalist and Necromancer.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Obscure Node
    Hi, already posted a request to join up before but forgot my accountname

So would still like an invite on: Billy Bob B.6495

Cheers Bragos

Looks like I've been locked out of the game again, keep getting errors sayins the games in unable to connect to the log-in server. And this started right after they released the last update. Even when I get to the character select screen I can't get in so it seems I'll be waiting for a little while longer to get back in.

Activated Node
    Yeah same, unable to login since last patch.

Obscure Node
    Hi, Would love an invite if possible
    Screen name is falcorn.1287

Cheers