Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well damn, I've still not gotten in. Glad we have a whole weekend to try, though!

Okay I got in but my home server is the one from the closed beta, hopefully it will let me transfer over to Desolation.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Okay I got in but my home server is the one from the closed beta, hopefully it will let me transfer over to Desolation.
    My brother managed to swap, there should be a way to get Gems (the microtransaction currency) for free inside the game which you can then use.

Hola, similar problems here, Guild is up. Might be easier for peeps to whisper me - one name for you guys to remember versus 50 for me

I should add I'm playing as Timofee when I finally get on
    Last edited by Timofee; 27-04-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Obscure Node
    didnt even manage to create mt character before got booted to logon and cant login! lol knew it was coming

will do

if i get in again. maybe I should go to sleep now and play at 5 in the morning. that did help on various other occasions. :P

Obscure Node
    Count me in as well, eek.3971.

I'm in the same boat, mate. Moreover, I've already tried the "FREE GEMS!1!!!" suggestion, but my debit card doesn't get accepted, it seems. Most likely a similar problem to that which I experienced when trying to buy the game directly from Arenanet when the pre-purchases opened. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by apocraphyn View Post
    I'm in the same boat, mate. Moreover, I've already tried the "FREE GEMS!1!!!" suggestion, but my debit card doesn't get accepted, it seems. Most likely a similar problem to that which I experienced when trying to buy the game directly from Arenanet when the pre-purchases opened. Hmm.
    Happy to confirm that before I got booted I did at least manage to enact the gem purchase / server transfer so its definitely working for some of us at least

Yeh I had the exact same problem, had to call my bank and tell them it was not fraudelent. I managed to get the gems though, will let you know if the transfer works okay. Seems a bit of an oversight to put everyone on the server they used in the closed beta because only US servers were available then.

sigh, managed to login 3 or 4 times now but cant get further than the character select screen

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Happy to confirm that before I got booted I did at least manage to enact the gem purchase / server transfer so its definitely working for some of us at least
    Yeh I had the exact same problem, had to call my bank and tell them it was not fraudelent. I managed to get the gems though, will let you know if the transfer works okay. Seems a bit of an oversight to put everyone on the server they used in the closed beta because only US servers were available then.
    Cheers for the heads up, guys. Guess I'll probably have to get my bank on the phone if I want to get the credit card issue fixed, heh.

Cheers for the heads up, guys. Guess I'll probably have to get my bank on the phone if I want to get the credit card issue fixed, heh.
    I mean I had to call my bank over the transaction to pre-order GW2. The gems just went through fine, it seemed to let me switch servers, though now it won't let me log back in. :P

Give it time, guys. From Twitter:

We are aware that some of you have login issues. We are working on it. Closing and restarting your client often works. ^MK
    Source.

This is why always online DRM sux!!!!11!!one!2!eleventwo

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I think cracking the beer open may have been a mistake, I may be wee bit tipsy by the time I actually get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I think cracking the beer open may have been a mistake, I may be wee bit tipsy by the time I actually get back in.
    Not a bad idea actually, playing it drunk

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Yep, still getting the unable to complete operation error.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    sigh, managed to login 3 or 4 times now but cant get further than the character select screen
    Same thing for me... I can click on whatever button I like, the character selection screen as far as I get.

You guys got your names tiled in the background? Seems strange now that its an open beta.