Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I have lost connection two times but have gotten to play for over an hour. The game seems to work ok for some people but for some (and for me) the game has very bad performance: Low FPS anywhere even with the lowest settings. I hope that gets fixed in the future.

I give up for today. Gotten in once for 15 minutes.

Here's hoping for the early hours.

Finally figured out how to get into the WvW. You have to head through the mists for the portal to Lion Arch, then as soon as you arrive in LA there are portals right near you, one for each of the 4 battlegrounds.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Finally figured out how to get into the WvW. You have to head through the mists for the portal to Lion Arch, then as soon as you arrive in LA there are portals right near you, one for each of the 4 battlegrounds.
    You can also get there through the Arena PvP lobby (they have the same Asura gates there) also that is a quick way to jump to any city without first being in one.

Obscure Node
    Connection has been quite stable for me now that I'm actually in-game. Getting through log-in took a while.

Playing as a Norn engineer called Svalinn. Will probably be playing for as long as I can stay connected.

I'm still trying

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I Think I may pop to bed early and try again early morning, no point staring at login screens all evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I Think I may pop to bed early and try again early morning, no point staring at login screens all evening.
    Same here. I've waited nearly 5 years to play this, can wait a few more hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    I'm still trying
    So the Timofee I've kept sending whispers isn't you?
    Oh dear...

I got in and played till level 8 but it kicked me and now I can't login. I'm Trianna ... something I can't remember so that's useless.

Hah, I'm actually standing in front of a "Timofee" Charr right now, waving at him. ^^

Ok got in again. What I did was run TCPOPTIMIZER from speed test and it worked like a charm so everyone should try that. My name is Trianna Dalshir. Message me please Timofee.

edit: aaaand it froze a char select...
    Last edited by alset85; 27-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Server transfers are open and free for the whole weekend now, Desolation was the second EU server to reach Full capacity, might be worth trying another server until things die down a bit.

You can change server at the main char select screen. that's if you can log in of course.

So which server should we choose now?

I'd say just pick a random one for now, you can always switch back to desolation when people have spread out a bit.

If Gandara isn't full that could be good. Vabbi, Kodash, Underworld and Jade Sea may all have space.

We should choose an American server though, those are all on low.

Managed to get into the game with my final try before going to bed. Had a quick look around but I suffered from major latency issues. Using a skill sometimes took up to four seconds. Might be because the server is full or it's something on my end. Anyone else encountered something like this?

Anyway, I'll have another go later. Hopefully most of the issues will be fixed by then.

My current character is "Davee Benson" if anyone would want to add me. Server is being cranky though, so I think I'll call it a day now and hope it's better tomorrow.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    We should choose an American server though, those are all on low.
    I nominate Steamspur Mountains for the American server. It's still medium pop, and the only other group on there is the WideScreenGamingForum, and they're pretty good guys.

And by nominate, I mean I got impatient, and picked onto the Steamspur Mountains server with another awesome RPS lurker, and we would love the RPS company. I'm Ragnar.4386 and she's Silmarwen.4387

Edit: Is my join date and post count actually correct? I know I've been lurking RPS for at least 3-4 years. /boggle
    Last edited by Ragnar; 28-04-2012 at 02:29 AM.