Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If we call it Rock Paper Shotgun though, it just sounds like we aren't trying

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    If we call it Rock Paper Shotgun though, it just sounds like we aren't trying
    I think it sounds like you're trying too much if you call it Rock Paper SomethingFunnyHaha, but what's in a name, Rock Paper aSura it is.

Onto another question, if any are getting the prepurchase, which are you going for? The pure vanilla flavor looks good enough to me, the bonuses for an extra 15 don't seem worth it to me at all (warning, hasty cut and paste job incoming):
    Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill*
    Miniature Rytlock*
    Golem Banker*
    Chalice of Glory*
    Tome of Influence*

My reasoning was as follows:

- Pretty much everything in the deluxe edition is a one time use only, apart from the Summon Mistfire Wolf skill, so basically your paying 15 for that.

- There are several summoning elite skills for both races and proffessions, so it's not as if that skill is gonna give you something distinctly unique gameplay wise.

- 15 would probably get you plenty of nice stuff on the gem store, so if you really wanted some cosmetic treats you would get more value and more choice just spending that extra money on the store instead of the deluxe edition.

- The GW2 artbook is 17 so I got that and pre-ordered the normal edition. I figured I'd get more enjoyment out of the art than a single elite skill.

I am all for Rock Paper Shadowpeaks!

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    My reasoning was as follows:
    That's a really useful post, thanks duff, vanilla it is later today, it seems.

Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat as Duff really. Originally I was looking at the Digital Deluxe as an in-game bonus like an exclusive skill is exactly the kind of thing to tempt me, but the price isn't worth it.

Cheers to Duff for reminding me I could just spend that extra money in the cash shop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat as Duff really. Originally I was looking at the Digital Deluxe as an in-game bonus like an exclusive skill is exactly the kind of thing to tempt me, but the price isn't worth it.

Cheers to Duff for reminding me I could just spend that extra money in the cash shop anyway.
    I am in the same boat, I had planned to go with the Digital Deluxe Edition, mostly for the exclusive mini Charr following you around and maybe a bit for the skill as well. But since I'll already have some Miniatures from the get-go through the HoM achievements I think I'll pass on that. Maybe the Charr can be bought lateron with gold / gems (thanks for the idea Duff!).

We aren't exactly certain what will be on the gem store yet, so I wouldn't count on being able to get some elite skill like the Wolves, but I bet they are the kinda thing you will use a few times and then switch to a profession elite skill anyway. I mean humans get the Hounds of Balthazar (sp?) elite skill which looks like exactly the same thing, just fiery hounds instead of misty wolves! Still I reckon you could get something more valuable to you with that money on the ingame store.

As I understand it they will be previewing the cash shop in the next beta?

Right now I have my GW hall of monuments up to 21, so hopefully a nice set of items, minipets and title to kick things off in GW2.

In the last beta the cash shop was under NDA, even for the press who were allowed to talk about pretty much everything else. If it was in the last beta I expect it to be in the next one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    I'm so in on the guild idea.

Regarding pre-purchase: I was on the fence for the DD edition and my friend bought it, but I have a feeling that he's regretting it now; it's extra money that he could have used on the cash shop upon release.

Well from leaked, totally subject to change info, the gem store may include pirate outfits and top hats. I don't need to know anything else.

Rock, Paper, Smackdown

I expect to be playing, and it'd be great to join a RPS guild if it gets rolling. Would we be able to resist the might of whatever guild is created by Something Awful goons though? They always come up with great names and such detailed infothreads.

re: the name I confess I was planning to go with Rock, Paper, Shotgun but if people would rather it be something else do shout out. Hell if someone has the facility to set up a mini poll we could totally be democratic n stuff.

For you pre-purchasers out there I'll defo. look to set something up on Vabbi (the server) at the end of the month when the first beta weekend happens. Obviously it won't persist between beta weekends and the main release but would be good to get questing with some RPS chums. Since they'll also be dropping the NDA we'll be able to chat about our thoughts without fear of scary Arenanet reprisals too!

Plus if we scrape together enough we could give WvW a bash

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Plus if we scrape together enough we could give WvW a bash
    If WvW is anywhere near as dependent on harmonical coordination as GvG in GW1, I expect that format to be dominated by larger guilds and alliances composed of members with enough time for near 24/7 play. Which of course is no reason to stay out of these fights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Much as I'd like to join RPSers in GW2, I likely won't join any RPG guild. It's partly because I'm already spoken for, but it's mostly because y'all are a laid back bunch of guys with likely scattered play styles and schedules, and I'm not.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm also interested in joining a RPS-Guild, at least during the Beta. .

As for the name; maybe it's better to just use the acronym 'RPS' and go with something different for the complete name?
    This way, we could use something a long the line of "Rurik's Pampering Squad"*.

For those who haven't played the first Guild Wars: Rurik was the name of a rather important NPC who you have to protect during several missions of the first Guild Wars and who had the habit of blindingly running into each and every enemy on the map.
    By the way, it might be a good Idea to found a RPS-Guild in the first Guild Wars, as I think you're able to 'reserve' the name for GW2 that way.

*I'm not sure if this name is in proper english though...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Much as I'd like to join RPSers in GW2, I likely won't join any RPG guild. It's partly because I'm already spoken for, but it's mostly because y'all are a laid back bunch of guys with likely scattered play styles and schedules, and I'm not.
    That's probably true, to some extend. Personally, I am past my time of excessive online RPG gaming and looking forward to some casual sessions of exploration and messing around.

However, since you can sign up individual characters to different guilds, one can still join in for a round or two without giving up more "serious" plans. In addition, ANet announced that there will be several dungeons that can be played with small groups of ~5 people.
    Last edited by Squiz; 14-04-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    re: the name I confess I was planning to go with Rock, Paper, Shotgun but if people would rather it be something else do shout out. Hell if someone has the facility to set up a mini poll we could totally be democratic n stuff.
    My vote is for Rock Paper Shiverpeaks of the names suggested so far.

Regarding the beta, I'm kind of torn on what to do. I really really want to play, but over the course of the beta weekends your likely to do each starting area a few times (characters don't persist through the weekends), and I don't wanna burn myself out on the early content before the game arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Then potentially I have good news on two fronts:
    1) You can be in more than one guild with the same character - which is quite frankly excellent and I cant believe other MMOs haven't done it (as far as I know)
    2) Myself and a friend play faaar too much, so we'll be around a lot

The multiple guild thing seems great as you'll be able to have a small guild to link up with longtime friends but you could set RPS as your primary guild and through sheer weight of numbers we will should end up getting a lot more Guild xp than we would otherwise manage in smaller guilds, hence we get better bonuses.

Not sure how many their planning to have per server but in theory with a hundred or so people we could become one of the major guilds on our server

Edit: PS I agree with MOKKA actually, if we could just have RPS that seems the most sensible, although if it ends up auto correcting the format to Rps then probably not