Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    Here's a very nice video for all of you to enjoy while waiting:
    http://vimeo.com/44167145
    Thanks a lot for making these last 4 days even harder. Awesome vid btw (and M83 singing in the background, hell yes!).

With ranks like that I'm expecting large amounts of complaining about outdated imperialist dogma and the violence inherent in the system (someone had to make the reference, please don't hurt me)

Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    IMO:Claim/Unclaim forts for all ranks, including peasant. From my limited understanding there's no disadvantage here? Certainly I think should include RPSers at least. Don't want to zerg a fort then realise no officer is there to claim it
    The concern about not being able to claim is valid, the core problem though is that a guild can only claim one keep at a time, and it appears - but was difficult to test over the weekends - that you could overwrite an old claim e.g. we claim and super upgrade one place (as we did in BWE3) only for someone to claim a completely different one and we lose our original one.

Also aside from the first week or so this will be for a 2 week period and if we're doing our job properly we should be holding that keep the whole time so claiming one is not a decision to rush straight into

Treasure Trove deposit to all ranks. No harm in letting everyone deposit.
    Yeah, I guess.

Guild stash withdrawal for RPSers upwards. Vouched Fors can always join RPS or ask a ranking friend to withdraw their stuff for them? I guess depends on how much valuable stuff gets put into guild vault and how much vouched fors are trustworthy
    This is why those people are effectively vouched for, so I think its probably fair. However as we've both highlighted, not sure how much we're going to use it anyway.

Also I think Peasants should be anyone who joins the guild but has not yet posted on the RPS forum
    This is valid, the question becomes when that changes as it wouldn't be hard for someone to post here and clear out the whole bank and bugger off somewhere else - never underestimate a scammer/bastard.

Yes its logged etc and I'm sure admins could fix but its a headache we can potentially avoid, at the same time though I'd like to take it on trust that people who want to join the guild aren't cocks - but all it takes is one...

Although again it boils down to whether there is stuff of value in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    One thing I'm not clear on: are guilds restricted to the server they are created on?

I ask because chances are there'll be people on US servers playing too (like myself) that would still like to be part of the guild, but I'm not entirely sure how that'd work out.
    They defo work cross server, but the stuff Malawi Frontier Guard mentions is new to me. Certainly sounds like the influence based benefits would effectively be negated by being on another server :/ Colour me somewhat confused

Quote Originally Posted by Broen View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a regular reader of RPS and as of late I find myself checking the RPS forums more often. I have a good feeling about the RPS community and I'm looking for a GW2 Guild to enjoy the game with. So, I would be glad to join Rock Paper Signet and play with you guys.
    I've already sent a PM with my account name to Timofee.

If my name finds the way on "that list" Timofee keeps, I'll see everybody in game on Saturday!

Edit: I'm EU timezone btw...

Cheers
    Björn
    Hey! welcome
    Last edited by Timofee; 20-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    This is valid, the question becomes when that changes as it wouldn't be hard for someone to post here and clear out the whole bank and bugger off somewhere else - never underestimate a scammer/bastard.

Although again it boils down to whether there is stuff of value in the bank.
    This should be easily solved by splitting stuff up. I hope that the guild bank has something like sections/tabs with different configurable rights per each tab.
    Point is, you can have Section 1 with pricey stuff - access given only to officers - and Section 2 with common stuff which should be basically accessible to everybody. Like low-lvl weapons/armor and inexpensive crafting materials or whatever else should be freely shared around.

This takes me back to my EVE days... we had a monstrous section of T1 modules and even some ships available for everyone in the corp. If some shady guy decided to steal all of that crap he'd maybe get a few millions out of them, but the economy wouldn't collapse because of it.
    And all of the T2 modules, ships and whatnot were given by the officers from the *hidden stash of doom*.
    Last edited by noaru; 20-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Thankfully GW2 should be less of a nightmare for valuables compared to EVE. I'd imagine like GW1 there will still be high value materials, but nothing irreplaceable given that top gear is about looks rather than stats.

There are three separate tabs in guild storage all with their own permissions if we unlock all of them - 50 slot Stash, 100 slot treasure, 100 slot deep cove. So if necessary could adopt the same solution.

Also worth bearing in mind it's 250 of each item in your storage. So I'd imagine any overflow to guild bank would mainly be unwanted common materials.

Hey, I'm a long-time RPS reader and although I've been on the forum a while I've barely posted at all, whoops (always intimidating trying to join an established community).

Having said that, I'll be looking to get involved and be a part of the community with Guild Wars 2. I've mainly been a WoW player previously and was with the PCG guild for about six months before I quit the game, so I may have seen a few of you around on there before.

Anyways, "Hi!" and look forward to playing with you all!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Been keeping on top of this thread to try and coordinate servers with my friends/guild, now you've settled on Gunnar's Hold I'm just popping in to say hey, etc... Will be good to see you all in game, and I'm interested in joining this guild. If memory serves I have to message timofee with my ID, right?
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Network Hub
    7am Saturday, not long now folks. See you all on Gunnar's Hold, assuming Timofee doesn't change his mind... again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I've started the process of getting my outlying RPS flavoured friends informed of the move, what's the best way of getting them an invite on launch? Harrass Timofee on Mumble, or get them to PM you/post here?
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by btiddles View Post
    Hey, I'm a long-time RPS reader and although I've been on the forum a while I've barely posted at all, whoops (always intimidating trying to join an established community).

Having said that, I'll be looking to get involved and be a part of the community with Guild Wars 2. I've mainly been a WoW player previously and was with the PCG guild for about six months before I quit the game, so I may have seen a few of you around on there before.

Anyways, "Hi!" and look forward to playing with you all!
    Hola

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Been keeping on top of this thread to try and coordinate servers with my friends/guild, now you've settled on Gunnar's Hold I'm just popping in to say hey, etc... Will be good to see you all in game, and I'm interested in joining this guild. If memory serves I have to message timofee with my ID, right?
    Yeah, ping me a PM and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I've started the process of getting my outlying RPS flavoured friends informed of the move, what's the best way of getting them an invite on launch? Harrass Timofee on Mumble, or get them to PM you/post here?
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...474#post178474

now must sleep...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    There are now lyrics to the main GW2 theme! Composed by Jeremy Soule, sung by Asja, here is the new version of "Fear Not This Night"...

Youtube link

Activated Node
    IMO:

Claim/Unclaim forts for all ranks, including peasant.

Treasure Trove deposit to all ranks. No harm in letting everyone deposit.

Guild stash withdrawal for RPSers upwards.
    Yeah I'm with that. No reason not to let everyone claim forts - unless doing so would UNclaim a different fort. Are we only allowed to hold one?

Quote Originally Posted by manveruppd View Post
    Are we only allowed to hold one?
    Actually, I believe this is indeed the case.

---

Stress test tonight! 8pm until midnight UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Stress test tonight! 8pm until midnight UK time.
    Thanks for the heads up, should be able to get through character creation of the remaining characters to update screenshots with the new colours palette and finalise key bindings for the new mouse.
    No stone left unturned. No tree left unpruned.

I might be able to join! Unless my wife says I can´t...

Obscure Node
    Hi all,

Long time reader of RPS and lurker on the forum, I'll be firing up GW2 on Saturday morning with everyone else, raring to go.

Timofee - hopefully you've had a pm from myself to add to the long list of invite requests. Are you actually going to get any time to play the game on Saturday?!

What time do the servers 'officially' start up?

Is it 7am on Saturday morning for us Brits, with the prospect of them starting up to 3 hours early (making it 4am; pro math I'm sure you'll agree)?

I have been reliably informed by others in this subforum that it's actually 8am, not 7am (and thus 5am and not 4am, that I will be awake from) due to BST.

So 8am is the 'official' server launch, but it may be online up to 3 hours earlier than that.

Brilliant, thanks Screwie and Screwie's Informants.

I'll be there trying to grab my single word name

Would it be... Loki, perhaps?

(In which case, best of luck to you! I imagine that one will be popular.)