Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Activated Node

Last Call for Christian Allen's TakeDown Tactical-Shooter KickStarter Campaign

This is it! This is the last chance for Christian Allen's TakeDown KickStarter to be a success!

Currently at $180,000 as of this writing, it only needs a little bit more of a push to make its $200,000 goal! That's about 90% funded, and while the odds may seem against him, there have been some amazing KickStarter miracles in the past already, even before Tim Schafer's ground breaking campaign!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ctical-shooter

People have until 8:04 PM Eastern Daylight-Savings Time (7:04 PM Eastern Standard Time) to pledge their donations. I'm sure it would mean a lot to let people know that this is it! Time is running out, and whether or not this campaign succeeds could mean a lot to Serellan, LLC, and the former employees of Zipper Interactive.

Network Hub
    Fuck off you spammer no one cares about your scam sh*t. Go use a search bar.

Activated Node
    I am NOT a Spammer! I'm trying to spread awareness of his campaign because he may be the first major developer since the start of the "KickStarter Spring" that Tim Schafer accidentally began.

I'm trying to raise awareness since this could be very important to not only his future, but the future of the former Zipper Interactive Devs as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I told you guys that this Kickstarter thing will live some bad aftertaste, didn't I?

Activated Node
    Bad Aftertaste? How so?

As far as I can tell, the KickStarter Spring could lead to some big things for game developers. I believe every game developer deserves a shot. Besides, Christian Allen's campaign is backed by the IGDA (International Game Developers Association)

See for yourself:

http://www.kickstarter.com/pages/igda

Network Hub

Activated Node
    A SCAM project?! Why the hell would you think one of the lead developers of Rainbow Six, the SWAT series, and Ghost Recon is running a SCAM project?!

And search for the old thread about his campaign and reply to that?! Oh sure, that'll get some attention. I intentionally started a new thread because there's only a little bit of time left, and he needs all the help and support he can get. If I went and dug that up, it would eat up time, and also not get anyone's real attention because it wouldn't convey the urgency in the title.

Alright?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuMan View Post
    A SCAM project?! Why the hell would you think one of the lead developers of Rainbow Six, the SWAT series, and Ghost Recon is running a SCAM project?!

And search for the old thread about his campaign and reply to that?! Oh sure, that'll get some attention. I intentionally started a new thread because there's only a little bit of time left, and he needs all the help and support he can get. If I went and dug that up, it would eat up time, and also not get anyone's real attention because it wouldn't convey the urgency in the title.

Alright?
    So you admit to spamming then conveniently ignoring a thread that has ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS PROJECT. Go fuck off to your project that pirates copyrighted material and currently has ZERO PRODUCTION, ZERO INFORMATION and ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY. Fucking spammers.

Activated Node
    Well, it looks like it's going to sneak over the line at the last minute.

What comes next is going to be verrrrrry interesting.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by pkdawson View Post
    Well, it looks like it's going to sneak over the line at the last minute.

What comes next is going to be verrrrrry interesting.
    You mean 6 months of zero information and zero to show for the money put forward. It's a complete joke. I feel bad for the suckers who fall for this reminds me of salesmen that scam OAP who don't know better.

Activated Node
    I know! I'm talking with some of the developers and game industry vets that are doing campaigns to try and learn more and hopefully write and publish some articles covering the KickStarter Spring. I just hope his works since his is going to be one to follow!

Thread got hostile damn quick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Thread got hostile damn quick.
    Yeah,kinda strange that stevo fellow is not banned after saying those things to op.

Yeah cool your jets, hotshot. They're melting Bender's face.

That said Otaku: it's been on the frontpage of RPS, it's had at least two (dedicated) threads on here, I think our awareness is as high as it's going to be.

Activated Node
    Well like Keep said, some people might want a reminder so that they know when it ends so that anyone who hasn't pledged and wants to CAN pledge.

I'm just annoyed that when trying to spread the word to people that might be interested, I get someone with a major bug up their keister coming down hard on me. It makes me wonder if he's really been burned by something similar before, or whether it's just unwarranted rage?

I mean, Tim Schafer, Brian Fargo, Christian Allen, Victor Ireland, Dave Marsh, Rusel DeMaria, etc. are all people who have been in the games industry for decades either making games, writing about them, or providing other needs within the game industry. They aren't developer-wannabes who want a KickStarter to fund an indie game (although there have been a number that have succeeded already and done just that), but developers with a track record, some really good games under their belt, and some even have their own companies!

Tim Schafer brought KickStarter into a realm beyond the Indie game scene, and I think that's something to take note and support!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuMan View Post
    Well like Keep said, some people might want a reminder so that they know when it ends so that anyone who hasn't pledged and wants to CAN pledge.

I'm just annoyed that when trying to spread the word to people that might be interested, I get someone with a major bug up their keister coming down hard on me. It makes me wonder if he's really been burned by something similar before, or whether it's just unwarranted rage?

I mean, Tim Schafer, Brian Fargo, Christian Allen, Victor Ireland, Dave Marsh, Rusel DeMaria, etc. are all people who have been in the games industry for decades either making games, writing about them, or providing other needs within the game industry. They aren't developer-wannabes who want a KickStarter to fund an indie game (although there have been a number that have succeeded already and done just that), but developers with a track record, some really good games under their belt, and some even have their own companies!

Tim Schafer brought KickStarter into a realm beyond the Indie game scene, and I think that's something to take note and support!
    Have you even bothered to read the thread of Takedown that is already in the forums? Everything that has been said has been said. Why do you need to spam a new thread about it why not bump the existing thread? Anyway enjoy your non existent game im sure it will be fantastic.

On a related note, is the main impact of the Arab Spring going to be that people attach -Spring to revolutions instead of the currently accepted route of naming them after a colour? I suppose after the Saffron Revolution we were running out of spaces on the Dulux colour wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    On a related note, is the main impact of the Arab Spring going to be that people attach -Spring to revolutions?
    Yup. It's called Spring-Gate.

EDIT Ohh NathanH, the only thing faster than your wit is your typing skillz.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Arab Spring
    Another wonderful thing that will leave bad aftertaste.

Activated Node
    Well given the Arab Spring, the bad aftertaste is already being felt with unrest in Egypt, and the current Syria crisis. The KickStarter campaigns and projects might also leave bad after-tastes in a different way, but at the same time, we're seeing name developer after name developer start campaigns to do things they figured they wouldn't be able to do without KickStarter.

But whereas the Arab Spring is already under way and seeing the downs and ups already, the KickStarter Spring is barely two months old, and too early to see where it will go. It may turn out that calling it the KickStarter Spring is the wrong choice of words. Maybe it will be something worse and become a KickStarter-Gate as was suggested. Or maybe it will become something better?

Either way, I'm taking note and looking to see what happens. It's exciting, and could lead to great new things.