Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So in the end, they'll make it. So either this ends up being an interesting game, in which case I'll grab my wallet, or ends up being a failure of astounding proportions seasoned with a hint of scam, in which case I'll grab some popcorn and a soda.
    As Malawi said:

"
    That's a win-win situation in my book."

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Either the project succeeds and we get a good game out of it, or it fails and we will get immense, entertaining drama
    Or option three: the game is made, but it's average/poor. Which is less exciting, but always a risk I suppose.

Activated Node
    Interesting development:

I just discovered that Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling, the former "Creative Strategist" of the Call of Duty franchise, and one of the leads at Infinity Ward, pledged $7,500 towards this very campaign! And I'd say that if a name like him supports this campaign, then I'd say there's some good hope for it.

What's more, the reward for his pledge is a LAN Party with Christian Allen who comes to your town, sets it up, and have a kick ass time. But since this LAN Party will have one developer coming to hang out with another developer, could it lead to a possible partnership where Robert joins Christian to work on the new game?

The possibilities, man... the possibilities...

And yes, this is true! Just check his twitter!

https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/stat...58055410966528

Network Hub
    Huh. I didn't much care about the game in question, since it's not my bag. But the left-field hate and childish defense of it has been awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuMan View Post
    Interesting development:

I just discovered that Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling, the former "Creative Strategist" of the Call of Duty franchise, and one of the leads at Infinity Ward, pledged $7,500 towards this very campaign! And I'd say that if a name like him supports this campaign, then I'd say there's some good hope for it.

What's more, the reward for his pledge is a LAN Party with Christian Allen who comes to your town, sets it up, and have a kick ass time. But since this LAN Party will have one developer coming to hang out with another developer, could it lead to a possible partnership where Robert joins Christian to work on the new game?

The possibilities, man... the possibilities...

And yes, this is true! Just check his twitter!

https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/stat...58055410966528

Well he works on COD games,so he couldn't bring something to the table when the talk is about realistic Tactical fps game.

Obscure Node
    It is my understanding that the concept work was hired out to a third party and not drawn by Christian himself, so the person he hired would be to blame were that true, additionally it was my understanding that he was very quick and cooperative in taking down the photos once he saw they were infringed upon.

@Al_Ka_Pwn
    It also shows he had done zero work towards making the game before opening a kickstarter.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    @Al_Ka_Pwn
    It also shows he had done zero work towards making the game before opening a kickstarter.
    I really don't see how that's important considering that only a couple of the campaign's I'm following has actually done that.

Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions didn't start working on the adventure game before his campaign started, and neither has Brian Fargo and InXile Entertainment. Yet Tim Schafer's campaign netted $3.4 Million (almost), and Brian Fargo's is at $1.8 Million (almost $1.9 Million) with DAYS to go!

So far, the only ones I've seen initial work done for are Stoic's "The Banner Saga" and David Marsh's "Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective". And that's just early stuff.

If they have time and resources to get something to show, then that's phenomenal, sure, and likely to help their campaign. But even so, not everyone can do that. I can't imagine how anyone expects people to have already started making a game if they don't have money to start making it. I mean what do you expect? Start making it for free? These people need to make a living somehow first. They've got spouses, kids, bills, and can't afford to spend time on the project their KickStarter campaign is for unless they have the money first. The only people that can probably afford to do that would be indie developer college students who are living off tuition and/or scholarship. And in the cases of Tim Schafer, Brian Fargo, Victor Ireland, David Marsh, Christian Allen, Rusel DeMaria, and others, that is DEFINITELY not the case.

So if they don't have any work done on a game before starting their campaign, that is something I am not going to hold against them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ...and neither has Brian Fargo and InXile Entertainment.
    Yes they did. Jason Anderson spent around a year doing design work for the game before leaving. The design will be used for Wasteland 2.

So stealing concept art and related bullshit does pay off after all.
    I'm curious to what's happening next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Well he works on COD games,so he couldn't bring something to the table when the talk is about realistic Tactical fps game.
    You monster, what will their children do now, when they find their father dead, stabbed to death by a million daggers to his back?

Activated Node
    Really? I must have missed that. Got any links to news articles or where that was mentioned? I want to make sure I keep the information accurate so I don't stick my foot in my mouth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Really? I must have missed that. Got any links to news articles or where that was mentioned? I want to make sure I keep the information accurate so I don't stick my foot in my mouth.
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=60856

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Awesome! Thanks! I can use this for my research!