So my next build

POINTLESS TO READ AS THERE WAS A COCK UP IN THE CASH. But I guess you can still see the build I was/am planning on doing

So I've taken peoples advice and gone for the i5 2500k and plan on OCing the nuts off it!
    but the circumstances have changed. I've managed to get some money into my bank account and have 750 to spend on a complete rebuild.

So this is what I have done.
    http://imageshack.us/f/233/lolwtfboom.jpg/

I'm just really asking you guys if the stuff I have selected is a good enough choice really because I know that you guys have a better experience in building machines.

The reason why I have a 450 GT and no hard drives is because I'm going to take them away from my current rig (and run SLI) and the 500 gb main disk and the 320 for storage/backup.

Cheers in advance,

Slick_101
    Last edited by slick_101; 14-06-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Cash flow - cock up
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

The 450 is not a good card, and SLI won't save you there. Heck, for less you can get a 5850 (http://geizhals.at/eu/a630270.html) or a 460 for about the same price (GFX charts: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...ndex,2673.html).

What kind of case do you have atm? If it's a noname, go for the Antec, but if you have a decent case I would use the 100 quid from there (plus maybe go for a cheaper CPU cooler, one that still allows you to OC) and get an SSD or a fast hard drive.

If you post your exact current specs it might be easier to see what you should keep and what not.

Well at the moment I have a intel quad q6700, 4 gig of ddr2 (800 Hz stuff), the same graphics card, a 5.1 sound card, the case I have is a no-name (x-blade POS).

Just found out that the money that was put into my account was a mistake from my parents. Was meant to be 75 not 750.......... I think I want to cry!

My deepest condolences, I know the feeling. I was planning on doing a new build his summer sometime, but some school expenses came up and its on hold for a few months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    OP: you never know maybe it was a good thing. You could get lucky in the future and find amazing deals you never thought possible before.

I just saw a post in one of the forums I frequent, a guy was selling his *modest* system for 1000. The forum is local to my region where gaming-grade hardware has to be imported.
    Check out the specs:

Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition processor
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 motherboard
    6GB Kingston HyperX memory
    Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP! Edition graphics card
    2TB Western Digital Caviar Black hard drive 7200rpm
    LG DVD writer Serial ATA
    900-watt OCZ powersupply
    Coolermaster HAF X extended-ATX chassis

Is that amazing or what?