Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Frozen Synapse dark extermination league - season 9

Sign-ups for season 9 are now open! If you would like to take part please do three things:

1) Add yourself to this list.

2) PM your email address to me (optional, but it will be very useful if I need to give you a nudge). I will not disclose it to anyone else. If you have previously PMd your address to me in an earlier season you don't need to send it again, but if you're not sure then please re-send it.

3) Click here to go to the RPS forum settings and edit the 'Private Messaging' section so that you get an email and/or a popup when someone (e.g. me) sends you a PM.

Season 9 will begin [EDIT: at some point in April] and will last two weeks, so please don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable during that period. You will probably be required to play between 4 and 6 games (division sizes are subject to the number of players). Rules are as in previous seasons, and will be posted later this week.

New and old players are all welcome! No experience required, and weaponry will be provided. Sign up!
    Last edited by WombatDeath; 05-04-2012 at 12:48 AM.

I don't think I can use my time traveling device yet, seeing as it's only halfway done. I'll assume you mean Season 9 and April 12th?

Name added. Looking forward to this one!
    Last edited by Siddin; 02-04-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Bah! I go to all this trouble and you people can't even be bothered to move outside of linear time for a bit. Bah, I say; and tish!

Network Hub
    I'm already there (I mean I completed my matches a few years back - a pox on those of you who can't manage to slip into alternate timelines)
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

I'm in, cheers Wombat

Will pass this season I think.

Going to investigate a wider variety of game types with some random challenges I think.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by desvergeh View Post
    Will pass this season I think.

Going to investigate a wider variety of game types with some random challenges I think.
    If you want a pretty poor opponent, I'll always be open to some challenges.

Due to the current state of the Ginormoleague I'm going to kick this off a week or two later than planned. I've been thinking of running a very short tournament of some type with a different game mode (probably secure or charge) to bridge the gap, if anyone's provisionally interested in that sort of thing?

Network Hub
    You can pretty much sign me up for everything.
    I'm playing on my work pc (which happens to be at the house where I live), so I'm more than happy for any games :D

Have you looked into using the built-in tournament feature?
    Does it even work?
    Find me on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Sign me up for Charge, it doesn't get enough love and is my favorite mode.

edit - also kindly change the thread titles for future seasons as, for me at least, they're all shortened to Frozen Synapse dark extermination league - season when browsing the latest threads. Calling it something like Rock Paper Synapse season X should suffice.
    Last edited by Fumarole; 05-04-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I would be up for a mini-league of charge. You intending to setup a separate sign-up sheet for this somewhere Wombat?

Ill join whatever you might offer :)

And: Yay, other game modes.
    I like Secure and hostage even more than charge as they add even more to think off, but i will happily accept anything ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    A different mode occasionally might be fun.

The built in tournament thing works: it lets you put in a bunch of names and it generates a knock-out style tournament. It might be useful, but the problem with that kind of event is it can leave the early losers with nothing much to do for the later rounds. Unless they start another, smaller contest. And then the losers of the first round of that and round two of the original tourney start yet another. A fractal fracas, if you will: The RPS Frozen Synapse Sierpinski Series.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Obscure Node
    I'd go for a different game mode, but like some other guys I think I'm going to take a break. Would it be worth spacing these out a bit more so we don't all get burnt out?

They say it is a bad habbit to revive threads from page 3 but they also say you can't eat cookies for dinner, so 'they' obviously have no idea.

By this i mean: I believe we had enough of a break, i would like some deep blue carnage.

Network Hub
    Good bump, I forgot there was a season 9 thread already. I'm ready for games once more.

Hello! I'm not dead. However, I do have a new job which is going to severely limit the amount of time I can devote to getting my face blown off, or indeed to organising the face-blowings-off of others. Would anyone like to take over the league admin, now that people are starting to recover from the horrors of the Ginormoleague?

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be working in Chancery Lane for a while (don't worry, I'm not a lawyer) so if anyone in that neck of the woods fancies meeting up for a lunchtime/evening drink sometime in the next few weeks that would be splendid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'll take the wheel if you like. My organisation skills are second-to-most, but you've set it up so that it's all pretty straightforward.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Fantastic, I was hoping you'd say that! I'm sure you will do a fine job; you didn't murder all that many people when I went on holiday in March.

I hereby declare ColOfNature the Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse (and all RPS Frozen Synapse Dark Extermination leagues contained therein). Long live the Overlord!

Network Hub
    Don't know about that, but I'm ready for the games to kick on again (especially with the new DLC due out in the next few days - got an FS Steam update this morning)!
    Find me on Steam