Lesser Hivemind Node

Tales from the Borderlands - Discuss!

My first ever Tale Tale "movie game." And I must say: I enjoyed it quite a bit. My girl and I - both avid fans of Borderlands co-op silliness - sat down and made some choices and watched/participated in the story of Rhys and Fiona and their Pandoran Caper. And we really had a good time with it.

The writing is overall pretty good. The characters are believable within the context of the world. The choices are numerous and really feel like they either do or will make a difference. All in all its a good time, even for those not familiar with Pandora and its murder-crazed denizens.

So, I find myself curious who else has played it, and whether they enjoyed it. Also, how does it compare in terms of narrative quality to Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead? I find I enjoy a more relaxing narrative experience some nights and this is a neat way to achieve that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I'm intrigued and on the fence. I'll be watching this space for thoughts and such. :)
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hopefully others will give it a try and share their thoughts. My only problem with it so far is that it changes how I see the Borderlands universe. Now all that thoughtless shooting just feels a little...hollow. I want the main series to offer me clever capers, sneaky entrances and other fine things of that ilk. Also, the ability to combine weapons into one stronger item without that grinder thingy from the Pre-Sequel. Things like those would be nice touches and I think are things the main series should consider, if it intends to stick with a narrative-driven experience. (Which I hope it does, as Burch and company are pretty darn decent writers, where video game narratives are concerned).

*Note, the above spoilers are just generalized statements about things characters do in Tales, not plot-specific details.Reading them will most likely not affect your enjoyment of any Borderlands title. Still, better safe than sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'll probably pick it up if I ever find the enthusiasm to finish TPS, though actually I'll probably wait for all the episodes to be released first (it's just the first episode right now, right?) anyway. It looks cool and I loved Borderlands 2 (but I think I burned out on it so progress in TPS is... Well, very slow) and other Tell Tale stuff I've played so it's just a matter of time, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    My girl and I - both avid fans of Borderlands co-op silliness - sat down and made some choices and watched/participated in the story of Rhys and Fiona and their Pandoran Caper. And we really had a good time with it.
    Huh, I have heard multiple other people talk about playing The Walking Dead or Wolfamungous with their significant other. I wonder if the Rhys/Fiona twin leads was chosen to try and accommodate this sort of shared gaming experience? Imagining one person playing each character, making their decisions and seeing how it interacts with the other. See also: Divinity: Original Sin.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Huh, I have heard multiple other people talk about playing The Walking Dead or Wolfamungous with their significant other. I wonder if the Rhys/Fiona twin leads was chosen to try and accommodate this sort of shared gaming experience? Imagining one person playing each character, making their decisions and seeing how it interacts with the other. See also: Divinity: Original Sin.
    This actually worked pretty well for us. She handled decisions for Fiona while I played Rhys. For the most part, anyway. We put our heads quickly together on some decisions, though, too. It was good fun and a nice change of pace.