Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Microsoft's PC initiative, GDC 2015. GFWL 2.0 (I mean Windows 10/Store/SDK)

http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/xbox-gdc-2015

GFWL 2.0, Oh i mean. Xbox Live SDK for Windows 10
    Bring your game across all Windows 10 devices (Console, mobile, tablet, Xbox One). Assuming you decide to stop buying/selling on Steam.

Windows Store
    ID@Xbox to Windows Store/10
    DirectX 12
    Wireless adapter for Xbox controllers, on Windows 10

Elite to Xbox One. Not 100% confirmation on cross platform
    Some MOBA coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 with cross platform.

---

Everything is focused around Windows 10 and the assumption everyone will leap to it. Which if its just the good of Windows 7 and 8.1, and might not be a bad thing. Have to wait and see how it works with compatible

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Normally I would say it's a great deal, but since it's Microsoft...

Oh dear.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Edit: Deleted Elite-related rage, I really should be better than this by now.
    Last edited by EPICTHEFAIL; Yesterday at 11:55 PM.
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I would like to see your mod bits.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post

this really is your personal crusade but I still smirked a little:D
    I edited the post. Sleep deprivation and my existing disdain for consoles evidently do not mix.

Oh, and I do not have a personal crusade against NMS. I do dislike it, but I wouldn`t call it a crusade, since I do not remember it`s still a thing often enough to undertake any actual crusading.
    Guild Wars 2 - Failbaddon, Mars Baneblade, Vulkan Hellhammer
    Elite: Dangerous - EpicTheTrumble
    Steam - EPICTHEFAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I would like to see your mod bits.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Microsoft, make that stuff unterrible. I swear, I'll install Linux on something if you pull another GFWL. Maybe I won't use it, but dammit, it'll sit there taunting you.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    "Hello, Folks! Microsoft here. We're still relevant, you know? Here's some news. See? Will you please stick with us? Pretty please? We're for real this time. Promise. Can we be friends again?"

"No."

"Aww come on... Don't be like that. We'll give you Win10 for free! No strings attached! Promise!"

"No."

Windows 10 brings together one core operating system, one application platform, one gaming social network, one store, and one ingestion path across all Windows PCs, Tablets, Phones and Xbox One consoles
    This is pretty much what Newell has been afraid of. They're basically trying to 'pull an Apple' on us. Not that Valve is much better in that regard.
    Last edited by DanMan; Today at 12:54 AM.
    Resident graphics snob.

And remember: Bad practices often become a trend, if not dealt with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I dunno, the idea of being able to carry saves between platforms is pretty cool. I don't think I'd ever have anything other than a PC/laptop for that to work, but for the people who are invested in that ecosystem, seems sensible to me.

That said, preventing people from putting their stuff on other providers is just not going to work. It hasn't worked with their indie scheme (you either bring it to Xbox One before or at the same time as the PS4 or not at all) and I can't imagine it will work here.

But hey, at least they're not charging for this.