Page 227 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 22726
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    But the source of the outcry is solely the ending, not the rest of the game.
    It's pretty much generalized Bioware hate bandwagoning at this point. To hear it described, Bioware didn't make a game; they just marched to each fan's house and kicked 'em in the nuts. They can do no right, etc etc...
    Last edited by Nalano; 10-04-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I am currently away from my PC gaming machine, so for two monthes I have to stick to my android tablet. Currently playing through World of Goo which I enjoy a lot. The graphical style is very nice, funny music and most important the UI is fantastic for touchscreen playing.
    Also bought the 20th anniversary edition of Another World. Only spent some minutes at the beginning, but damn this is hard. The input over the touchscreen further adds to the high difficulty. Think I will play this using a gamepad sometime.
    Another thing I tried was Avadon:The Black Fortress. Only played the tutorial, but it seemed fun and the UI seemed good too. Not sure when I have the time for this, as I heard it is quiet lenghty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    DA2 deja vu.
    I don't think that's fair; it's reasonable to dislike DA2 strongly since it changes so much from the original. ME3, on the other hand, just seems to be an improved ME2, with some elements from ME1 that were streamlined out in 2 put back in in a more coherent way. All the changes made throughout the Mass Effect series are logical and consistent, and they seem to really understand what they're doing with it, so that when for instance they make a mistake like the streamlined inventory in ME2 to fix the bloated inventory in ME1, they realize exactly how to fix it for ME3.

Making EDI a sexbot is my only complaint so far. Oh, and having Space do everything. I don't think it needs too many more keys, maybe 2 rather than 1.
    Last edited by NathanH; 10-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Making EDI a sexbot is my only complaint so far. Oh, and having Space do everything. I don't think it needs too many more keys, maybe 2 rather than 1.
    Guess who was lead on controls?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Duckee View Post
    Apart from Fallout, I have been playing a lot of Natural Selection 2. It is actually a really really good game now, and it is starting to feel like a finished game. At least it is finished "enough" to have many hours of satisfying gameplay out of it. It is also turning into a more tense game, as the marines are royally fucked once the lights go out because the aliens have chewed out the power. You do get the occasional Aliens vibe. It is not feature complete yet though, so some higher tech items have not been implemented yet. There is also balancing issues, but it is still early beta. Still, I do recommend it to anyone with a passing interest in FPS/RTS. I believe you can pre order to get into beta.
    I read the patch notes every time they have a new release and they seem to be still adding lots of new stuff.

I'm waiting for them to start finalizing the game for a release to start playing it, because I think I'd be annoyed with the constantly changing gameplay.

Network Hub
    I got myseif into the Super Monday Night Combat beta so I've been playing that.... or trying to, while my shite internet prevents me from actually playing, earning me leaves due to my connection constantly dropping. That, and random server crashes thanks to the influx of people like me who just got keys.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Working my way through Batman: Arkham City but keep getting sidetracked playing one more game on Gotham City Imposters (the game is just so much fun). At least I have a consistent theme going.

I'm revisiting Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
    From an art direction point of view is perhaps the weakest, but it's somewhat interesting in it's small openness. Also the combat system is good (it was great when it came out) and it doesn't have carriage races.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Warrior Within is my favorite prince of persia^^ I love combat system,best in series.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    Another thing I tried was Avadon:The Black Fortress. Only played the tutorial, but it seemed fun and the UI seemed good too. Not sure when I have the time for this, as I heard it is quiet lenghty.
    Depends. Took me 62-63h trying to do all the sidequests. Eventually I sidestepped the 3 strongest enemies, otherwise it would have taken longer. If you try to cut it short, it's probably around 40h.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'm waiting for them to start finalizing the game for a release to start playing it, because I think I'd be annoyed with the constantly changing gameplay.
    Really? I love that kind of stuff, one power or tool/unit gets added to a strategic game and it flips the whole world upside down forcing you to discard methods which were previously perfect. Constantly reinventing itself.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I finished Faerie Solitaire this morning. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Really? I love that kind of stuff, one power or tool/unit gets added to a strategic game and it flips the whole world upside down forcing you to discard methods which were previously perfect. Constantly reinventing itself.
    To be fair, it is only the higher tier items that have not been added. From what I understand this means stuff like Heavy Armor and Miniguns. The Jetpack and Onos are in the game right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Completed that mission with Big Smoke in San ANdreas,which gave me allot of problems until today..i made it in first try! Jumped on train,killed two guys,fell off then chased them and Smoke finished the job :v Hiihiphuraaa !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    In my quest to reduce the guilt pile I finally got round to Just Cause 2 and find myself enjoying it a lot, in a "'splosions! woo, flying!" sort of way. Does anyone know if I'll miss out on anything but dumb story if I decide to not do the agency missions and just generally explore and cause havoc when the fancy takes me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    In my quest to reduce the guilt pile I finally got round to Just Cause 2 and find myself enjoying it a lot, in a "'splosions! woo, flying!" sort of way. Does anyone know if I'll miss out on anything but dumb story if I decide to not do the agency missions and just generally explore and cause havoc when the fancy takes me?
    Not sure, but I don't think so.

The agency missions are so over the top they're actually quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Some story missions end in fun setpieces, like parachuting away from exploding radar dishes and the like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Thanks, I'll probably get round to them eventually, but I won't make a point of doing them as soon as they become available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Warrior Within is my favorite prince of persia^^ I love combat system,best in series.
    I agree about the combat system but the art direction/soundtrack/whining Prince relegated it to being my least favourite in that trilogy.