Page 249 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349749 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 23112
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I love L4D2. When you get a good group of people, its one of the greatest multiplayer experiences that i've ever played.
    I agree. The first month or so after the original game came out represents some of my fondest multiplayer experiences that did not occur at a LAN. We always played on the hardest difficulty and simply tried to see who could get furthest with random teams, as it was rare for anyone to actually reach any of the safe rooms. So much fun in failing, that game.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by FuriKuri! View Post
    Thanks to whoever mentioned it in that "interesting game articles" thread a couple of weeks back, Galactic Civilizations II has destroyed all my free time lately.
    You're welcome.
    My favourite thing in that game is to play with a custom race with a high "luck" attribute. If you actually rely on that you'll have tons of fun. Like never build a single warship and when you're beign attacked you suddenly find a precursor warship that can annihilate everything. A shame it doesn't have multiplayer.

Didn't have much time to play this week, but friday I played some levels of Noitu Love 2: Devolution, gorgeous, GORGEOUS pixel art, and some great level ideas. Also spent way more time than I expected with This Precious Land, a LD23 entry, I'm wondering if this concept could be turned into a bigger game.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Didn't work for me - some problem with Java, I think - but the usual clause about your mileage varying.
    It's true! What wizardry is this?!
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    It's true! What wizardry is this?!
    The mouse fucking sucks. It doesn't work properly. Good job Wasteland is easier and faster to play using keyboard only, but I fear this will put off potential players (especially those not willing to read the manual).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mass Effect 1. Because somehow, despite being both an RPG fanatic and a huge fan of sci-fi, I missed these. For, like, years on end. Played the first mission and en route to the Citadel now, as a FemShep (better voice acting) Engineer. Having a blast so far. And really enjoying the solid writing and intriguing setting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Giving Alpha Protocol another playthrough, this time as an assualt rifle wielding asshole who is going to kill and/or be a dick to every single person possible.

There was an AMA on Reddit recently with Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone, the latter of which said he's love to make a game based on Archer. An game in the style of AP based on that could be a thing of wonder.

Playing warband, I've got a hang on the combat, so I can take on a dozen of looters all by myself.
    Now, commanding troops is a weak point of mine. No wonder I ended up fighting a dozen looters all by myself :P

Haven't had the time at the mo. Building some mech model I just bought from a store and just finished the top after 3 hours. I suck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Playing warband, I've got a hang on the combat, so I can take on a dozen of looters all by myself.
    Now, commanding troops is a weak point of mine. No wonder I ended up fighting a dozen looters all by myself :P
    On what difficulty are you playing ? :D Otherwise big battles are fucking clusterfuck,its like all 150 men gather in one spot and battle with each other.. They need to fix this :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    There was an AMA on Reddit recently with Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone, the latter of which said he's love to make a game based on Archer.
    Now there's a hell of a thing.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    Hit the level cap in the PSO2 beta, not too sure what to do now aside from messing around with the character creator.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Tropico 4 scenario:

Australian media mogul, in an effort to take over the world, sets your island up as part of his new media empire. Unfortunately, the plethora of TV and radio stations turn all your citizens into zombies.

How do you fight zombies? With plants, of course!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'm soaring around the maps in Tribes:Ascend, but I'm also having doubts about the unlock system that Hi-Rez have adopted.

The problem is that there are a number of guns which appear to be straight upgrades from the default ones, which you can purchase using real money. These guns can also be unlocked by playing the game and accumulating XP points - if you don't want to spend any money - but the difference is that the XP prices of most of the weapons are astronomical.

I hate to label the game as 'pay 2 win' because it feels like a cheap shot and I do really like it, the movement is spot-on and high speed flag chasing is exhilarating. I just wish the devs would have looked at a different unlock model, or at the very least slash the prices on some of the weapons.

I've also been playing the absolutely wonderful Vessel. It's a superb puzzle platformer whose liquid-themed problems require a bit of thought to solve. It reminds me a bit of Braid, in that the puzzle solutions make you feel like a genius when you finally work them out.

It's quite lengthy too, I've played it for about five hours and I think I'm just at the halfway point. The physics, art, music just all all contribute to a wonderful experience. One of my games of the year so far for sure.

I agree with you, but since they've ported over the original maps into L4D2 you can have the benefits of both in one game. I like the way they improved some of the crescendo events from L4D1 when they were ported over too. (Think the ending of the Barns from 'Dark Carvinal').
    I own quite a few unlockable weapons and have been playing the game for months, and literally none of the guns are straight upgrades. Some are simply of the more fire-power, less fire-speed variety, others offer completely different avenues of play, like the SMG or Spinfusor for the Infiltrator. At the moment the plasma rifle is somewhat overpowered, but it is a new weapon and will get balanced soon, like the grenade launcher for the Infiltrator.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    I own quite a few unlockable weapons and have been playing the game for months, and literally none of the guns are straight upgrades. Some are simply of the more fire-power, less fire-speed variety, others offer completely different avenues of play, like the SMG or Spinfusor for the Infiltrator. At the moment the plasma rifle is somewhat overpowered, but it is a new weapon and will get balanced soon, like the grenade launcher for the Infiltrator.
    I wouldn't say none of them, honestly. The LAR > shotty for PTH, falcon > nova blaster for SEN, LMG/disc > spinfusor MKD for JUG, and mines > nades for DMB. I do wish Hi-Rez would bring down some of the prices or increase the XP gain rate, but we'll see what happens in the future. The lifetime of a F2P game isn't judged in weeks or months, and things can change.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    I wouldn't say none of them, honestly. The LAR > shotty for PTH, falcon > nova blaster for SEN, LMG/disc > spinfusor MKD for JUG, and mines > nades for DMB. I do wish Hi-Rez would bring down some of the prices or increase the XP gain rate, but we'll see what happens in the future. The lifetime of a F2P game isn't judged in weeks or months, and things can change.
    I can't talk about the Sentry stuff, but I completely disagree on PTH and JUG. I find the shotgun to be much better for chasing an enemy flag carrier, since if I can get up close it's a very easy kill, and for the JUG I much prefer the high base damage and large splash of the MKD, especially when assaulting the enemy base. I do agree that the prices of unlockable weapons are extremely high, but hey, it's a free game and they have to make money somehow.
    Last edited by agentorange; 29-04-2012 at 04:42 AM.

I got some old copies of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and the expansion for two bucks at a sale. Worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    On what difficulty are you playing ? :D Otherwise big battles are fucking clusterfuck,its like all 150 men gather in one spot and battle with each other.. They need to fix this :D
    Normal I think. I'm just starting though. Never got into a big enough battle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's time to play through Baldur's Gate again! I'll try recruiting some crap NPCs this time, I think.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    It's time to play through Baldur's Gate again! I'll try recruiting some crap NPCs this time, I think.
    I'd be doing that if I could get it to run. :(

I installed the mod set (with BGT) as listed here: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldurs_...ial_mods/page1

but it crashes the first time I enter combat, every time.