Page 250 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 21074
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I hear it's out on PC even.
    Last edited by Rii; 29-04-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I got some old copies of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and the expansion for two bucks at a sale. Worth playing?
    Yes it is.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    but it crashes the first time I enter combat, every time.
    Could you elaborate on that? Is it a specific battle that crashes the game or does it happen in any given fight? Also what's your OS and what version of Baldur's Gate are you running?

I'd be doing that if I could get it to run. :(

I installed the mod set (with BGT) as listed here: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldurs_...ial_mods/page1

but it crashes the first time I enter combat, every time.
    You may want to try EasyTutu instead. You can still import your character once you complete BG1, and i generally find it to be more stable than BGT, in that i haven't really had any problems with it other than the infamous Beregost bug.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Could you elaborate on that? Is it a specific battle that crashes the game or does it happen in any given fight? Also what's your OS and what version of Baldur's Gate are you running?
    Win 7 64 bit, I'm running GOG's version of both BG1 and BG2 (and ToB) with BGT installed to unify them. I got frustrated after a few tries but the specific fight that caused every crash I had was the assassination attempt in the house on the northeast side of the Candlekeep map.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    If this is the only fight which gives you problems, you could always just skip it. Nothing in Candlekeep is mandatory apart from talking to Gorion. It's not the most elegant solution of course, but the rewards you get for killing him are pitiful anyway so you're not missing out on anything.

Since you're on Windows 7, another thing you could do is install the game in a different folder than "program files" (C:/Games for instance) as that's the source of many crashes. I don't know if it's related to your problem in particular, but better safe than sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    If this is the only fight which gives you problems, you could always just skip it. Nothing in Candlekeep is mandatory apart from talking to Gorion. It's not the most elegant solution of course, but the rewards you get for killing him are pitiful anyway so you're not missing out on anything.

Since you're on Windows 7, another thing you could do is install the game in a different folder than "program files" (C:/Games for instance) as that's the source of many crashes. I don't know if it's related to your problem in particular, but better safe than sorry.
    My concern is that if that fight is unstable, who knows what else is, so skipping it is not satisfactory to my thinking. I may try a reinstall with EasyTutu and see if I get better results there.

And yeah, I never install any games in "program files" under Windows 7 as I'm aware of the UAC issues there.

Thanks for your help, anyway!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I finally completed the extreme tracks on Trials: Evolution.

The final couple are an absolute nightmare, but the sense of satisfaction upon beating them is almost unsurpassed.

The final track, Inferno III, took me about 300-315 restarts (i.e. crashes) in a culmulative time for about 18minutes.

Here's a video of a guy doing it in 46 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pRHeAhuM0

where do these people come from?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Win 7 64 bit, I'm running GOG's version of both BG1 and BG2 (and ToB) with BGT installed to unify them. I got frustrated after a few tries but the specific fight that caused every crash I had was the assassination attempt in the house on the northeast side of the Candlekeep map.
    When I played the trilogy on Win7 64 with GOG versions I used this mod setup (& install order) with no problems:

1: Install both BG1 TotSC and BG2 with ToB in separate directories and patch them fully with the official patches. The GoG versions come fully patched. They claim that problems arise if you install anything under C:\Programs but I've never had a problem with it.

2: Install BG2 Fixpack. Nothing here is too game changing, it just fixes bugs and inconsistencies like monster alignment etc. Be aware that this patches your base BG2 install which will serve as the platform for the trilogy mod. It's pretty much essential regardless of what you're doing though.

3: Install BGT. The trilogy mod. You point it to your BG1+BG2 directories and it does all the rest. There's an option to overwrite your BG2 install or just make a brand new directory.

4: Install BGT Tweaks.

5: Install BG1 unfinished business.

6: Install BG2 unfinished business.

7: Sword Coast Stratagems 1 then SCSII. Entirely up to you, these mods aren't as game breakingly difficult as tactics was but they can be quite difficult. They don't give any new abilities or increase base damage or anything but they do improve the AI dramatically. Enemies use magic shielding potions etc, archers pick on undefended mages and so on. It also stops stupid enemy behaviour like the lich script that has it gate in a pit fiend which promptly attacks it. If you do install this I highly recommend the component that allows you to target improved invisible opponents with anti-magic spells like secret word. Otherwise, high level mages are fond of spell immunity: divinations which makes it a nightmare to take down their defences. Be very careful of improved end of chapter/boss fights, they are the hardest components by far.

8: BG2: Tweaks

9: Widescreen Mod

I ended up getting rid of the Stratagems mod later as things were kicking my ass, but otherwise everything worked fine. I did skip the Candlekeep tutorial though.

If its not Tribes Ascend, its been:

Syndicate: Things are almost exactly as I remember them, which is kind of creepy since I've possibly not touched this since 97. I still find it fun, but for all the smarts people seem to hype it up with the whole thing still feels like Cannon Fodder in trenchcoats.
    Legacy of Kain - Soulreaver: Looks oddly nice good despite its age, and the CGI into still looks quite good. But MY GOD the controls on a modern pad is horrid! Raziel seems to like running which ever direction he feels like, even after configuring the pad a few times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Well, I do believe I've done everything I could on the PSO2 Beta: Tried Hunter and Ranger to at least level 10 to get a hang of the classes, leveled Force to 20 (max level in the beta), completed the Matter (Story) Board, seen every area, killed every boss, got and fed a mag, toyed around with the My Room options...

And now I can't wait for the actual game to release. My dear god, I'm so hooked it should be labelled as a drug.

I'm about 9 hours into Risen 2 now. I was very skeptical when I first started playing it, but I'm having a lot of fun with it now. If you liked the Gothics or Risen at all, then you'll like this one as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Witcher 2.

Near the end of Act II, Roche path because it makes sense. I can't see why anyone would choose Iorveth.
    The difficulty fell off a cliff many hours ago. However sometimes it throws a super-unfair boss fight at me, impossible to win the first time because I have no idea what's going on and it starts with Geralt being hit. I cheesed my way through a lot of these fights, aarding and cornering foes and hacking at them like an idiot. The checkpoints are shit and I often can't save or meditate because I "can't here".

The potion system is FUBAR - doesn't work like in the books, doesn't even work as shown in the tutorial (on the knight) and I'm pretty sure the potions have no negative effects, unlike advertised. Geralt is still very slow sometimes, especially at the start of a fight.
    Even worse, I fucking hate maze levels, especially in the dark, when I can't drink Detective Mode potion because I chugged three others before, when I'm forced to go through them a second time, when I can't open doors because Geralt targets enemies behind them and when I can't save because "can't here". And then a boss fight happens and I'm sent 10 minutes back in time.

I'm forcing myself to play it because I like the story and universe. And it's pretty as long as I ignore the 50 centimeters draw distance.

Also: whenever the game is full screen on my PC my two laptops lose connection to my wireless router. Will investigate later if my laziness allows me to. I suspect it phones back to the mothership checking for patches and blocks a port.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Playing FarCry 2. Using a mod that decreases weapon degradation, speeds up jam clears and car repairs too. This really is a fun game, despite a few annoyances. Luckily the gunplay is so fun that the respawning checkpoints aren't as horrible as they could be and if you play it in an experimental way it's incredible rewarding. I love the action film physics when you blow up a car and it flips etc. I hope FC3 offers this kind of freedom.

I am an idiot for using those Twin Humanities I had as I thought I had a secret rite for the Kindle thing...
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The Witcher 2.
    Strange, I never had any sort of problem saving and I spam quicksave like there's no tomorrow. The only places I wasn't allowed to save or meditate were ones where it made sense: in the middle of a fight.
    Potions I admit to never playing around with much seeing as negative effects always put me off, but I do remember ones like Cat did seem to reduce my damage or whatever they're meant to do.

I'm really hoping changes like this haven't actually happened with the Enhanced Edition, as I need my save spam. Need to replay this game soon.
    (And while I think I prefer Roche, Iorveth kicks all kinds of ass)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I read on some other forum that Risen is 24 hours long lol,and it gets good after 23.. xD
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Activated Node
    I like pirates. I like RPGs. I want to play it. But not sure if I want to play it at launch, for full price, bugs included. IM TORN!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Well, I do believe I've done everything I could on the PSO2 Beta: Tried Hunter and Ranger to at least level 10 to get a hang of the classes, leveled Force to 20 (max level in the beta), completed the Matter (Story) Board, seen every area, killed every boss, got and fed a mag, toyed around with the My Room options...

And now I can't wait for the actual game to release. My dear god, I'm so hooked it should be labelled as a drug.
    I have sincerely loved Blue Burst when that came out.

Is the PSO2 Beta in English, or do I have to brush up my non-existant Japanese? The character editor demo killed me, I am so proud of myself to having found the Download and Start buttons.

Any indiciation when it's out in a language I can actually understand? And how was the latency?
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I read on some other forum that Risen is 24 hours long lol,and it gets good after 23.. xD
    I'd say it got good at around the 5 hour mark. Can't speak to the length, but I usually play games longer than the average so I'm not worried about it.