Page 251 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 23792
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I am going nuts right now in second mission of Sniper Elite,playing on highest difficulty i need to watch how wind goes and bullet drop,and i shoot three times soldier in chest,he fall down everytime and got up,its like they're fucking terminators.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Beat the PC version of Binary Domain this weekend: Japanese third person action robot shoot-em up explosion time! I liked it a lot. Very good voice acting and solid writing, especially for the first 2/3rds, before the plot goes all... Japanese.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Is the PSO2 Beta in English, or do I have to brush up my non-existant Japanese?
    The beta was in Japanese, but there was a partial English patch floating around that translated a good chunk of the menus, so you couldn't understand crap about the story or the little comms you get every now and then, but made it much easier to navigate the menus, create parties, check weapon stats and whatnot.

The character editor demo killed me, I am so proud of myself to having found the Download and Start buttons.
    The one available in the Beta was pretty much the same, and if you managed to find the "Save character" button in the creator, you could load it into the beta client. So whatever pretties you may have created in the CC will work when you get your hands on it.

Any indiciation when it's out in a language I can actually understand? And how was the latency?
    Not that I know of, but I haven't checked for any news today. Anyway, the Closed Beta ended... 5 minutes ago. There's supposed to be a Japanese Open Beta coming soon, so if you're interested, you could probably jump into that one.

Latency was rather horrible the first few days, but they did almost daily maintenances, and even toyed with the hardware a few times, and after the 4th-5th day it was perfectly playable, except for a few eventual hiccups which, considering I was connecting to the other bloody end of the world, were less common that I could have hoped for.
    TL;DR: Lousy at the beginning, almost flawless after a few days.

Does PSO2 have the secondary MMO stuff from PSU (your own room with decorations, etc...) or is it straight hack and slash?

Network Hub
    The second act of NWN2

WHEN WILL IT END. Still so much easier now I have a sorcerer and 10 fireballs to throw around

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Does PSO2 have the secondary MMO stuff from PSU (your own room with decorations, etc...) or is it straight hack and slash?
    It's got My Room in full force with themes, decorations, furniture of all sorts, ability to create your own shop and all that. Most of it pertains to the cash shop, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblazeuk View Post
    The second act of NWN2

WHEN WILL IT END. Still so much easier now I have a sorcerer and 10 fireballs to throw around
    I always thought Act II was fantastic, so much better than Act I. You're about to get a whole new mechanic introduced though so perhaps that will grab you more.

OT: Going through Alpha Protocol with an assault rifle and a "fuck stealth" mentality is like a guilty pleasure. I see that door leading off to the side, I know where the guards are and I have silenced ammunition, but I'm just going to loudly shoot everyone in front of the security cameras (which I then shoot).

After having played through some other games, I returned to Icewind Dale. I have played through it before many years ago but never with the two expansions. Still using my RPS party, it seems that I forgot just how hard the game is. Maybe the tweak pack (the only mod I use) changed some things but the Vale of Shadows was a complete bastard. Not only are most enemies there resistant to slash and piercing weapons (and thus to 2/3 of my party's preferred weapons) but also immune to roughly 95% of the crowd control spells you have at this point. I had my two-handed warrior run around with a quarterstaff (does as much damage as a short sword) because his greatsword did zero damage against the tougher undead there. Really makes you wonder who came up with the idea to fill the first major dungeon with enemies that make 3/4 of the weapons near worthless. Not to mention that there is no ranged crushing weapon and the quarterstaff is the only two-handed weapon with that damage type. Frustration pure.
    Don't even get me started on skeletal mages casting stinking cloud at point blank range. This resulted in more than one TPK without me damaging a single enemy.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I am trying so hard to stick with stuff I've started until I finish. I'm focusing on Hard Reset and Legend of Grimrock right now. I have a sizable list of stuff I've put serious time into but need to finish as well. Gods, give me strenf.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Who uses piecing weapons? Morning Star ftw dual type and can be dual wielded or mixed with shields.

If you are facing undead gave you tried turning them with a cleric?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    After having played through some other games, I returned to Icewind Dale. I have played through it before many years ago but never with the two expansions. Still using my RPS party, it seems that I forgot just how hard the game is. Maybe the tweak pack (the only mod I use) changed some things but the Vale of Shadows was a complete bastard. Not only are most enemies there resistant to slash and piercing weapons (and thus to 2/3 of my party's preferred weapons) but also immune to roughly 95% of the crowd control spells you have at this point. I had my two-handed warrior run around with a quarterstaff (does as much damage as a short sword) because his greatsword did zero damage against the tougher undead there. Really makes you wonder who came up with the idea to fill the first major dungeon with enemies that make 3/4 of the weapons near worthless. Not to mention that there is no ranged crushing weapon and the quarterstaff is the only two-handed weapon with that damage type. Frustration pure.
    Don't even get me started on skeletal mages casting stinking cloud at point blank range. This resulted in more than one TPK without me damaging a single enemy.
    Did you ever buy me a sling?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That reminds me, I need to buy some ranged attack for Xzar.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Sniper elite is still frustating me,now at the end of second mission,enemies are constantly spawning behind my back,also they are deadly accurate from 200 meters with ordinary machine guns..the whole time i am like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFUU

Network Hub
    Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes

Quite a fun line-up-3 game. My one source of gaming while i try to get used to the new job and cram for exams. Decent amount of strategy, colourful art and very easy to pick up and play every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Did you ever buy me a sling?
    He said he has no ranged crushing Damage,so obviously no. *g*

I am playing Iwd1 too atm,use the terrain to your advantage,Chokepoints,draw some enemies out,gang up,tactical Retreats.
    And spells like Web,Grease or Entangle work great in conjunction with Duration AoE Spells like Spike Growth (Druid). Especially if your Fighters stop them from leaving the Killzone.

I have a

Paladin Human (Longsword & Mace)
    Fighter Human (Longsword & Axes)
    Cleric/Fighter Dwarf (Maces & Flails)
    Druid/Fighter Halfelf (Spear & Missiles)
    Thief/Fighter Dual (Thief to 6 no pickpocket Skill) (Bow & Twohand)
    Elf Mage

and they work quite well ,especially the female Thief/Fighter with the Bow,ooooh so deadly.

btw. :Protection against Evil works against all Alignments equally (-2 AC).
    Last edited by Arona Daal; 30-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Network Hub
    Gonna second Rauten on the PSO2 discussion, netcode was great aside from server buggery, game was overall fun except from a couple of niggles so I'm looking forward to open beta.

I bought Nox from the GoG sale so I've been running through that, currently on a Warrior playthrough. Game is pretty fun so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Just finished Botanicula (although I missed about 15 cards). Great game and would easily have been worth the $9 on GOG, glad I dropped $15 on the Humble Bundle as Anamita need to keep on doing their style of adventure games. So much more interesting that what anyone else is putting out. My only complaints are that some of the puzzles involved searching the screen for the thing to click (but never in the dickish "Find the SINGLE pixel way" from the days of yore) and that the Steam overlay didn't work so no screenshots.
    Also it saves to Documents rather than My Games or anything nice like that.

Finally beaten Cthulhu Saves the World (after ~15h). With the sheer amount of bonus modes I could literally spend dozens hours playing it over and over again, which is not likely to happen. There are many things to like in this game, nonetheless I can't get to grips with the combat system which makes up for like 90+% of the time spent playing. It feels more like a nuisance to me than anything else, an annoying puzzle I have to solve in order to get through the battles in the least possible amount of time, a chore. When I get it right, most battles turn into almost into some kind of zen-like experience where I just mindlessly mash the A button. OTOH when it gets challenging they're just a pain in the ass that either drags on forever, or alternatively the inevitable stroke of bad luck translates into a loss because a character is hit repeatedly and dies way too early - which forces me to save after every battle (and there's no quicksave button, you have to Y-menu, click-click-click, A-Save click-click-select-slot A-Save). Bottom line, for at least 3 or 4 hours I was obstinately pushing through, teeth gnashed, feeling like I was wasting my time.

BTW, while playing it, I started following the zeboyd guys on twitter, reading their blog, and I've grown genuinely interested in their next game (something which I would've never though possible before), they say is "a vast improvement" over Cthulhu. I guess when it comes out, it'll be dilemma time...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    alms, you are a better man that I. Though now I'm glad I gave up when I did... 15 hours in that game would have driven me crazy.

Out of interest, is their new game still going to be an RPGMaker game? I enjoyed the writing in CStW, but everything else would have to change for me to be interested in their next game.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Network Hub
    Maybe it'll be a PS1-style RPG thingy. There already seemed to be a jump from 8-to-16-bit through their last two games (probably intentional?) so maybe they're going 3d next :P