Page 255 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 23334
    Dork Souls, just now and killed Carpa Demon after a total of ten tries. Yes, I suck but at least I got a key to the Depths. One time, after going in slaughtering all the hollows and demon dog thingies, I found another hollow. This guy's huge (but not Black Knight huge) and he's wearing an apron weiding a couple of cleavers. Yes, a butcher that wants me on a meat hook. I don't know how it happened but he came to me, charging and fell into a pool of water down below. There's some stairs for him to run up to me, but he still convinced that he's right in front of me and started flailing madly with his knives. He was dead in the pool after several shots from my bow. Too dumb to live, eh?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Hit the half way mark in The Witcher 1, I had forgotten how long that second chapter is. In my first playthrough I actually got somewhat impatient with the game, and began skipping a lot of content in the third and later chapters; I'm kind of happy that I did that, as it's nice to be able to discover entirely new content in a game I've had for 4 years. However, I'm going to miss out on some content eternally, because I just can't bring myself to choose the paths I didn't take the first time around - there is just no way I'm going to ally myself with those fucking Flaming Rose fascists, even if the Scoia'tel aren't exactly saints themselves.

Also been playing Dark Scavenger, which I bought after reading the Wot I Think. I had no idea the game even existed until I read that, but I'm glad I broke my promise to myself to not buy any more games until I've cleared my backlog. Really wonderful little game packed with personality.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Still sticking with PES06 and now again started playing Chaos Theory,i'm at Battery level. Love this game,favorite stealth game evaaar :c

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Sanctum is a game I love but I can't play it for shit. It exhausts me quicker than anything else I've ever played.
    I have the sneaking suspicion that, as I progress through the levels, I'll get to a point where I will have to draw the same conclusion. Even on Normal I haven't been able to keep the Core 100% protected in any of the levels I've done so far.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Hm. Maybe. It's not so much that for me as simply I can't play for any decent period of time without getting exhausted.

Anyway. I'm (finally) about to start playing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Finally.

Network Hub
    I hopped back onto the TF2 wagon recently, and got to play some L4D2 with people for once. Also messing around with Phantasy Star IV and Wazhack, and running through Nox as of late.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Since the servers are shutting down on Memorial Day, I'm spending the whole month playing Demon's Souls. I started a new game since I didn't play for about 5 months, but the actual game itself isn't that long once you know what to do so I'm essentially where i was before (minus a lot of soul grinding.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Since the servers are shutting down on Memorial Day, I'm spending the whole month playing Demon's Souls.
    I approve of this message!

If I wasn't scared of the hardcore pvpers that must be the only ones left online, and the fact I'm trying to manipulate some world tendency events to get a few trophies, I'd be doing the same!

(I may do the same anyway)

I managed to beat the Icewind Dale main game in the morning. Ultimately, the game got a lot easier after the slog through Dragon's Eye. It still wasn't exactly a cakewalk but it was more about finding the right combination of spells and gear instead of immediately reloading after suffering a negative status effect as there was no way to turn the situation around.
    Interestingly enough, Chromatic Orb turned out to be my most effective spell. Sure, it doesn't do much damage but it has a chance to stun and unlike Hold Person or Hold Monster it doesn't care whether you're human, orc, undead, demon, construct or whatever. The only thing that protects you from it is magic resistance.
    Anyways, time to move on to the expansions.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I have the sneaking suspicion that, as I progress through the levels, I'll get to a point where I will have to draw the same conclusion. Even on Normal I haven't been able to keep the Core 100% protected in any of the levels I've done so far.
    Hmm, maybe I can help if you tell me what is and isn't working for you. A few tips, regardless:

1) Upgrading a tower to level 2 is statistically more valuable than building 2 level one towers of the same type, as far as damage output.

2) Use blocks (even just empty blocks) to create the geometrically longest path possible. Build towers such that enemies are in their field of fire for the longest possible time. Corners are usually good spots.

3) Slow fields are very much your friends.

4) Don't neglect upgrading your own weapons. The sniper rifle, in particular, is just insanely valuable when properly upgraded. I'm partial to the Rex as well.

If I can be of any further help, let me know. I've played a disturbing amount of Sanctum at this point, and have met with pretty good success, and it's not because I'm good at FPS games!

Activated Node
    The more I'm playing of the Wing Commander Saga the less I'm enjoying it. :(

I find that the missions are just too long and seem to be trying too hard. I'm about 20 missions in (The Loki System.) and most of the missions are just defending assets against endless waves of bombers, fighters and anti-capital ship missiles. Every mission is a marathon and they all go on for one or too waypoints too many. (One mission has you defending a transfer of fighters for about 10 identical waves of enemy fighters then throws a carrier against you at the end. It's just trying too hard. )I shouldn't be getting 20-25 kills in a mission while my wingment get 10-15. We all know that escourt and defend missions have always been the most annoying missions in Space Sims and it's pretty much all that is being thrown at the gamer. They're also keeping the heavy hardware from the player. In the last twenty missions only two or three have allowed me to fly a bomber. The rest have been in Arrows and Hellcats. I always loved being the heacy cavalry in the original games and going toe-to-toe with the big guns of the universe.

I hate to be so critical because a lot of work went into the game and it is so close to being great but it just isn't so far. :(

So frustrating that the framework for a great game is there but the mission design is a bit dodgy.
    Last edited by BDH; 05-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Anyway. I'm (finally) about to start playing Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Finally.
    Very interested in this one, please provide updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Well, I can tell you about Divinity 2's original release if you want.

Finally broke down and got Dungeons of Dredmor. :D
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Finally broke down and got Dungeons of Dredmor. :D
    Praise the Lutefisk God!

Praise the Lutefisk God!
    Indeed. I'm anxiously waiting for the June 5th DLC!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Picked up RUSE awhile back in a Gamersgate sale and have been enjoying skirmish and co-op skirmish play. I gather the campaign is a linear, scripted affair without any carry over between missions, so I'll likely skip that entirely.

Been dabbling with some co-op Magicka, specifically The Stars Are Left, but have been having some problems. For one thing, recent patching seems to have made the game more unstable. It had been very solid when I played through it with a friend last summer, but now it seems newly rickety again, with more random crashing than I'm comfortable with. They also seem to have rather viciously rebalanced the game, rendering shields nearly useless, depowering some of my favorite combinations, and generally making it incredibly difficult to kill anything. In all, it's remarkably frustrating for a return to a game I had previously adored. Advice welcome.

In single player I've been dabbling with A Valley Without Wind, which is more enjoyable than I expected. Honestly, I'm not much for side scrolling platformers of any type, but the strategy and crafting here is kind of interesting. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I should have no trouble getting my $10 out of it.

Also, I've been trying to learn to play Hegemony Gold, which is just outstanding and scratches the rather serious ancient history itch I've developed lately.

In short, it's the beginning of summer, I've suddenly got a little free time, and my natural instinct to try to play every game I own and read every book I own is getting out of hand as usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I tried RUSE when it was in beta, had one vs match against another player without really knowing the right way of playing it. Before I knew it the sky blackened with bombers.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    I have it (Dragon Knight Saga) myself, I can tell you that it's very much worth buying. Combat is a little clunky but not terrible enough to be offputting, the skill selection is wide and the writing enjoyable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tidalis hurts my head.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.