Page 257 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 21043
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Cutting out planet scanning really improves Mass Effect 2. I think not having to do it does make you notice the 'little' things that are off in the game. For example, at the Normandy crash site there are dog tags in "Fragile Crates". Two things:
    1. How did these fragile crates survive a fucking crash from orbit?
    2. Why were my old crew in these crates? Epic game of hide-and-seek? Shepard has a sadistic streak and likes giving people a time-out in a 'Naughty box'? Or maybe people are just fucking with Shepard and the whole thing was set up just to make him feel better - the real Normandy actually fell into a star or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Cutting out planet scanning really improves Mass Effect 2. I think not having to do it does make you notice the 'little' things that are off in the game. For example, at the Normandy crash site there are dog tags in "Fragile Crates". Two things:
    1. How did these fragile crates survive a fucking crash from orbit?
    2. Why were my old crew in these crates? Epic game of hide-and-seek? Shepard has a sadistic streak and likes giving people a time-out in a 'Naughty box'? Or maybe people are just fucking with Shepard and the whole thing was set up just to make him feel better - the real Normandy actually fell into a star or something.
    Last edited by Anthile; 06-05-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Playing some Torchlight and also Dredmor.

Question: How many levels down is Dredmor anyway? And does one of the skill give you protection against acid attacks? I think I die most often to acid (those goddamn eels especially) than all of the other myriad ways you can die combined.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Obscure Node
    Counter Strike: GO, and X-COM.

I am looking to get in on the SWG:Emu once it goes up again in a week as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    During the weekend I modded and finally started Skyrim, only to give up out of boredom after 4 hours (yes it's true). Those NPC running/attacking animations remind me so much of Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV, I cannot bear to see them any more. I think I m burnt out on Bethesda RPGs, had to push myself to finish NV only cause of the amazing story and characters.

I then started Risen 2 and played for about 8 hours until I got pissed off at the stupid combat and gave up. I proceeded to install the Witcher 2 again, to play through the alternate path with the EE. Have also been playing some Trine 2, Just Cause 2 and Dayz.

When not playing DOTA 2 over the last few days, I've been playing the Blackwell series. Very nice games, and they get better down the line.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Question: How many levels down is Dredmor anyway? And does one of the skill give you protection against acid attacks? I think I die most often to acid (those goddamn eels especially) than all of the other myriad ways you can die combined.
    Vanilla Dredmor - Level 10
    Dredmor + RotDG (if chosen at CC) - Level 15

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    And does one of the skill give you protection against acid attacks? I think I die most often to acid (those goddamn eels especially) than all of the other myriad ways you can die combined.
    Alchemy can get you up to +4 acid resistance, according to Dredmorpedia.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    During the weekend I modded and finally started Skyrim, only to give up out of boredom after 4 hours (yes it's true).

Separated at birth?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Started playing Little King Story, its a unit command avatar game ala Overlord (or pikmin if you insist) but its so more, yes you don't choose where anything goes but you keep building out your town and its easy to feel a sense of ownership of the process.

Let people die and their replacements will hate you, i have no idea if it matters, but once I got my first couple married I started to care what they thought.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Dead Space 2, flying through it since i've got all the gear from finishing the first one. Also The Walking Dead game which is pretty good not my normal type game style to be honest (wtf no crosshair) but looking forward to the next episodes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You probably have all of the Dead Space 2 gear because of the terrible DLC implementation which gives you everything, for free, at the start of the game. Avoid using it if you want to play the game as it was meant to be played.

Obscure Node
    Ah right I just got both of them on Steam on a deal. BUT I DESERVE THE GEAR! In my opinion. I've seen things on Ishimura man, THINGS!

Network Hub
    Anachronox, a planet for a team member, what more do you need to know.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Arkham City, superbly good.

Not sure why I waited this long after liking Asylum.

I did find the inclusion of snipers to be quite an annoyance rather than a difficulty and a mini-map would have been a great boon when navigating the city but overall it was good on every level.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post

Separated at birth?
    hehe seems like it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just finished the last regular map in Sanctum and saw the credits roll. There aren't too many maps, but the full DLC package was included in last weekend's Steam sale so there's still a few left to go. Fun game, definitely worth a try if you're at all interested in tower defence games. I'm not quite sure this game would be as fun in Multiplayer though; getting a good flow of the monsters through the map requires a bit of planning, as does creating a decent coverage of the map with Anti-Air, and other specific towers, and I'm not sure how well that would work.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I'm not quite sure this game would be as fun in Multiplayer though; getting a good flow of the monsters through the map requires a bit of planning, as does creating a decent coverage of the map with Anti-Air, and other specific towers, and I'm not sure how well that would work.
    It's absolutely fantastic with friends and voice chat, because you can discuss grid optimization, coordinate defense and so on. With randoms it would suck, but then multiplayer with randoms always sucks.

Network Hub
    I'm on Torchlight again in preparation for Torchlight 2 which I am quite looking forward to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    I'm on Torchlight again in preparation for Torchlight 2 which I am quite looking forward to.
    Yeah, T2 and Grim Dawn really can't come out fast enough, it's been awhile since I've had a really good co-op ARPG to play.

For my part, I'm still playing A Valley Without Wind and still enjoying it, to my pleasant surprise. I hope it does reasonably well despite the weak reviews, as there's an enormous amount of potential here and given Arcen's ridiculous level of support it can only get better.