Page 284 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384784 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 22726
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    @Nalano, thanks for the answer. I played it with the powertools thing back then. Since I think I'll replay it sometime soon, I'll give it a go with the stability patches from that other mod as well.
    Idolninja promised at one point to try and make Gentlemen of the Row 2.0 to allow players to be able to pick and choose how their game gets modded. As it stands, your options are binary: "no bug or mission fixes," or "bug and mission fixes, plus a shitload of unnecessary fan mods." I dunno if that's still in the works.

It grates a little when the game is basically unplayable without being modded, because it's like my choices in Skyrim are "crashes every two hours" or "has a grab-bag of Nexus mods including My Pretty Pony dragons and Top Hat Crabs."
    Last edited by Nalano; 30-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Idolninja promised at one point to try and make Gentlemen of the Row 2.0 to allow players to be able to pick and choose how their game gets modded. As it stands, your options are binary: "no bug or mission fixes," or "bug and mission fixes, plus a shitload of unnecessary fan mods." I dunno if that's still in the works.

It grates a little when the game is basically unplayable without being modded, because it's like my choices in Skyrim are "crashes every two hours" or "has a grab-bag of Nexus mods including My Pretty Pony dragons and Top Hat Crabs."
    That was my concern when I was researching the mod. So even with the fan crap, you'd still recommend playing SR2 with the mod?

Having purchased the insanely cheap Paradox bundle from Amazon I'm playing Crusader Kings 2 and Sword of the Stars 2.

Oddly enough, both games have a terrible standard font, trying to find font mods now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Add me on steam (heliocentric) if you are interested in getting over the hump with some help.
    Will do, it's mostly because of my impatience with these type of games.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Having purchased the insanely cheap Paradox bundle from Amazon...
    What Paradox bu... Crusader Kings 2 for $10! But... I don't need any more games right now... will... failing... reaching for...credit card...

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    The bad news: Video card is dead.
    The good news: Thief has a good software renderer.

I think I'll make it through this tragedy just fine.
    Actually no I won't, I can't get it running in software mode. So sad.

Buy a video card with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Buy a video card with money.
    Need to go through the RMA process first. The dead card is only like 8 months old.

Edit: Great victory! While Thief might refuse to work, Thief 2 runs perfectly. All hail Intel onboard graphics, for a change.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 30-05-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    All hail Intel onboard graphics, for a change.
    Never! Do you hear me!? NEVER!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Mirror's Edge is a great game. It really is. But it really does show the inadequacies of our typical control systems. Not mouse, keyboard or gamepad. More the way input works in the games themselve. ME does a great job (probably the best job in FPS) of letting so many ledges be grabbed, wall-running be done, bars swung on and other fluid things; yet it still has so many frustrating moments where Faith doesn't grab the thing in front of her and falls to her death, or flaps at a ledge several times, or falls through a bar rather than grabbing it, or jumps at a wall instead of running along it, or etc etc.
    The only seeming way to reduce this problem is to go the AssCreed route where most tricky freerunning things are doing by holding a button and running at the thing: seamlessness accompanied by reduced skill, which isn't a good solution. Or to pump so much money and time into the game that every little action can be modelled and allowed for, but that's not going to happen soon.

That fucking atrium level...
    That's what has brought this on. Going through the ship was also a pain but nothing compared to that damn atrium.

Network Hub
    Not on the PC, but Dragon's Dogma.

It's really a shame that Capcom didn't port this one over, because it would really find a good home on the PC; it has that PC RPG feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    That fucking atrium level...
    That's what has brought this on. Going through the ship was also a pain but nothing compared to that damn atrium.
    Really? Wow. The atrium was actually my favourite part of Mirror's Edge. Looking up at the ceiling and trying to figure out an acrobatic route to the roof was cool.

Agree that the ship sucks major balls though; far too many open areas with lots of guards. The upper levels of the Shard pissed me off as well. God I really wish DICE hadn't put any combat in that game; it would be one of my favourite games ever otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    New York Minute on Max Payne 3. It's good fun, but damn dying and having to restart can be crushing.

That said, I might wait for the PC release to play NYM Hardcore - no deaths at all! I wonder if the some complaints about it being too hard will be about the PC version too. I wouldn't have thought so, but still.

I'm really waiting for the MP3 pc release. I haven't prebought, and won't, since Rockstar and pc versions, well you know. But from the things they've said and shown I kind'a expect and am hopeful about an actually good pc port. There aren't really any third person online shooters on pc and if done well this could become very popular.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah I hope it's good too. They say the textures are 4x larger and the audio is uncompressed which is why the install is so large. I hope someone manages to mod it too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Finding myself for some reason replaying Alpha Protocol. Damn did I forget how awesome the dialogues and moral choices are.

Shame about the actual running around and shooting, though, but there you go. It isn't THAT bad, but it feels just like the combat in Mirror's Edge - just let me do the conversations instead!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Finding myself for some reason replaying Alpha Protocol. Damn did I forget how awesome the dialogues and moral choices are.

Shame about the actual running around and shooting, though, but there you go. It isn't THAT bad, but it feels just like the combat in Mirror's Edge - just let me do the conversations instead!
    I tried playing that for the first time a couple of months ago. Is it just me, or hasn't the game actually received any patches since release? I can recognize the potential there but it sure feels awkward.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    I tried playing that for the first time a couple of months ago. Is it just me, or hasn't the game actually received any patches since release? I can recognize the potential there but it sure feels awkward.
    They released one patch that didn't do much. And then dropped all support altogether. The camera screw when streaming new content is still there. So are disappearing npcs when loading checkpoints on certain missions. But at least they removed DRM with that one patch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    All hail Intel onboard graphics, for a change.
    Remember this: when you have black screen and "no signal" for no reason on an Intel onboard chip - try "CTRL+ALT+F1"( if you are using VGA).

I played few DoW2R games and I'm glad to see that community isn't as dead as I thought, about a thousand people are online and matchmaking finds people withing 5 minutes average. of course, I lost most of the games since I was paired against people like HolyHammer and the likes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    *joins the chorus in singing "been playing Binding of Issac: Wrath of Dave Lamb*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/