Page 300 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 21026
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Hitman: Blood Money. I never noticed back when it was released, but all the guys have necks thicker than tree trunks (first thing I did on Mass Effect was drastically decrease neck size) while a lot of the women's bodies have proportions that would make Jessica Rabbit raise an eyebrow.

Well, at least when it comes to needling people in the neck, finding a vein is easy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Gone back to Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga.

Why?

Because I'm not shit.

Trying Bastion for the second time, to see if I can get into it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I find my Binding of Isaac playing has decreased after finishing listening to the Giant Bombcasts from E3 week, but that doesn't change the fact I've put a crapload of time into it this week.

That being said, the more important thing for me is after being in a foul mood this weekend, I've resorted to two games I enjoy playing for different reasons. Sonic Generations has provided the fun/enjoyment that you crave when you want a good pick-me-up, whilst Super Meat Boy's custom levels provided satisfactory amounts of self-punishment. I think it's something about platformers, really.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Even though I have Sonic Generations, I'm really not finding it fun. It's too fast! One mistake sends it all to hell. I guess these are common complaints from inexperienced players but it's a shame. Anything I can do except memorise whole levels?

I think my main point would be to, seemingly counter-intuitively, slow it down a little. Are you spin-dashing or boosting too much, for example? Whilst I'm not saying you should know the levels by rote, knowing them is key to knowing when it's safer to go faster; you should still be able to safely navigate any level in the game on your first attempt, providing you give it a little patience (respectively for a Sonic game). A lot of the time in some levels, there are areas where you can progress through the slower-looking platforming heavy sections faster than areas where you may be able to boost but are more prone to screwing up. Remember as well as that the higher up you are in a level, the harder it is to stay on that path, but the faster you can ultimately usually go when you're up there.

For Modern Sonic, you're more likely to be able to boost safely when the camera is behind you; you can see what's coming and what you need to do to overcome X, Y or Z. When it goes to 2.5D camera, like Classic, you'll likely want to be boosting less because the game is telling you it's a platforming section. Overall though, just explore the levels at your own pace. After playing enough, you'll either find yourself with a large bank of levels, or you can buy a load from the shop. That should cover any mistakes you do while you investigate the terrain.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Bought both FarCry games the other day when they were on sale, and I'm making my way trough FarCry 1.
    It's still quite nice to look at despite it's very advanced age, but god damnit it's so hard, and I'm playing on medium!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Bought both FarCry games the other day when they were on sale, and I'm making my way trough FarCry 1.
    It's still quite nice to look at despite it's very advanced age, but god damnit it's so hard, and I'm playing on medium!!
    Have you gotten to the sniper-rocketeers yet? It goes from "fun and hard" to "broken and stupid". I beat it out of pure spite.

I've seen sniper-rocketeers for a while now, but I'm not sure if you're talking of a specific area; right now I'm making my way to the archives after unleashing all manners of hell because "Doyle: oh yeah, cut the electricity in the whole island so the genetically engineered monsters start running rampart. THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. YOU WILL NOW MAKE THIS GOOD IDEA A REALITY".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I've seen sniper-rocketeers for a while now, but I'm not sure if you're talking of a specific area; right now I'm making my way to the archives after unleashing all manners of hell because "Doyle: oh yeah, cut the electricity in the whole island so the genetically engineered monsters start running rampart. THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. YOU WILL NOW MAKE THIS GOOD IDEA A REALITY".
    That's the turning-point. If you want to exit with dignity and a shred of goodwill left towards Crytek, nobody will judge you for quitting now.

Heh. Well I'm gonna try to push forward anyway, little by little if necessary so as to avoid a burn out. I just hope FarCry2 doesn't have mutants or aliens or random crap like that; I like my FPSs to be against human/humanoid enemies, damnit.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    You'll be very happy with Far Cry 2 then. One thing it certainly doesn't lack is human enemies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Heh. Well I'm gonna try to push forward anyway, little by little if necessary so as to avoid a burn out. I just hope FarCry2 doesn't have mutants or aliens or random crap like that; I like my FPSs to be against human/humanoid enemies, damnit.
    Far Cry 2 has literally nothing to do with Far Cry 1, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    You'll be very happy with Far Cry 2 then. One thing it certainly doesn't lack is human enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Far Cry 2 has literally nothing to do with Far Cry 1, fortunately.
    Good to hear; now I want to finish Far Cry 1 even more so I can start number 2!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Good to hear; now I want to finish Far Cry 1 even more so I can start number 2!
    Dont play Crysis past punching the Korean commander to death (I mean, why would you shoot him?) either.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Gone back to Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga.

Why?

Because I'm not shit.
    Not sure what you mean by that, but I'd like to hear more of what people think of Divinity 2 - especially with the upgrades/patches/expansion. It's been on my list for to play a while now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that, but I'd like to hear more of what people think of Divinity 2 - especially with the upgrades/patches/expansion. It's been on my list for to play a while now.
    I played it pre-expansion/remaster, and now I'm playing it post-expansion/remaster.

It's better now in much more subtle ways - the difficulty is a lot smoother, for example. I say bite. It's a little bit crude and wobbly due to being an EURPG, but it's just fucking win.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I've resorted to two games I enjoy playing for different reasons. Sonic Generations has provided the fun/enjoyment that you crave when you want a good pick-me-up, whilst Super Meat Boy's custom levels provided satisfactory amounts of self-punishment. I think it's something about platformers, really.
    Its like bipolar platforming.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I completed the first Penny Arcade episode and went on to the second one and Max Payne 3.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Its like bipolar platforming.
    I feel like it's justified with the weekend I've had!

Playing Borderlands co-op as well with a few other RPSers. Damn good game, looking forward to the sequel.