Page 310 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410810 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 22770
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosm View Post
    Well he is a master swordsman, if you can be a master swordsman, and that's much more satisfying. It doesn't make sense to me why you'd want to play a game as Superman, you might as well just watch a cutscene of Geralt being a badass and end it there. No challenge just leads to boredom in my opinion.
    This is exactly it - his ability is shown by the amount of things he can do in a fight which most of the other human enemies can't. Think of how restrictive it feels when the game gets you to play briefly as another character, that demonstrates the difference between Witchers and normal folk.

Also, a lot of the human enemies he fights are soldiers. Now, games have a tendancy to depict the basic soldier as an low-level threat, which is silly as there's a good chance that soldier could be some veteran of 100 battles and so be pretty damn good himself. Even a fresh recruit would have picked up a thing or two in a land as dangerous as the game makes out. So I loved that in TW2 you could get a beatdown from 4 guys if you weren't careful - that ballista fight right at the start was a baptism by fire the first time I played it. Makes a change from pretty much every other big RPG around right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    TW2 still shouldn't have booted me to the main menu when I died in the tutorial though (no I'll never shut up about that).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Oh yeah. I tried playing AssRev multiplayer.
    I know, CoD4 grinding fucks it up, but its otherwise majestic.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Just started Mass Effect 3 and already I have 3 questions:
    1. Who is this muscle-bound Gears of War reject and why should I care?
    2. Why is Ashley whoring it up and gone all Michael Jackson with her skin tone?
    3. Since when would my Shepard have allowed himself to be grounded by the Alliance - that body of people he did not fucking work for in ME2 (he did favours for and that was it)?

It's shit like this Bioware. Massively revisionist shit like this. It was bad enough at the end of ME2 when the supposedly godlike, unstoppable Reaper horde is shown to be fucking hours away from Earth, meaning some massive Reaper re-write or deus ex machina will have to be pulled outta someones ass for the sequel. But now you just seem to be changing everything you've established.
    I know it's going to be a good, well-designed game. But it is going to try my patience like nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    He's got quite a few funny lines, but, permission to not care granted.

Heh, the whoring tones down after those early cut scenes.
    3. Since when would my Shepard have allowed himself to be grounded by the Alliance - that body of people he did not fucking work for in ME2 (he did favours for and that was it)?
    The WTF's in a narritive sense have only just begun in ME3, I can almost see you in a week or so raging about various things.
    But, to be fair, the BS started in ME2, why did Shep buddy with with Cerburus, why did the Human Navy not defend/evacuate its colonies, WTF a giant robot skeleton, WTF why am I not allowed to be jubilant about committing genocide on Batarians? -ME1 racist renegade shep would have been fist pumping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    -snip-
    Regarding point 3, Shep is grounded because he needs to be because the Batarians are pissed and the Alliance and the Hegemony need someone to blame.

And they're not shown hours away, they're in dark space still.

Plus, Althea, I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't make sense, he IS superhuman as is shown by his ability to not be dead when he was to fight multiple enemies. Just because it's a struggle, it's far more than what anyone else could do.
    Last edited by Sketch; 17-06-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    This was my question from the demo. I mean seriously, what the hell?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    1. Token cultural Spanish team member. He is easily out-classed in combat potential as soon as you get your third team member. You need never use him after that, to no detriment, apart from maybe one or two missions where I think he may be necessary.
    2. She's a Spectre, so she can wear what she likes. You can, however, use her alternate appearance to something that isn't stupid and gives her defence rather than offensive punch. Also, you can't sell a game without a purdy lady. Apparently.
    3. Woefully unexplained in-game, but it's due to the events of the Arrival DLC for 2. You willingly take the fall, although the military sure picked an amazing time to question you on your knowledge of the Reapers...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Plus, Althea, I'm not sure how you can say it doesn't make sense, he IS superhuman as is shown by his ability to not be dead when he was to fight multiple enemies. Just because it's a struggle, it's far more than what anyone else could do.
    As I was saying, the difficulty doesn't make sense in context. Whether you're judging it by the combat difficulty between TW1 and TW2 or general thinking - i.e. Geralt's attacking style is much more fluid in TW1 than TW2 - then something just doesn't add up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    War of the Roses is an addictive lil thing, isn't it? Think I'll have to pick up Mount & Blade next time it goes on sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    About that Spanish guy from ME3. Whats wrong with having some muscle? I always had him in my party. And why not?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Vega is awesome. He's not bad in combat either, I found his special ability to be frequently useful.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Ashley looks like a plastic surgery disaster in ME3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    She doesn't look good, does she. It made me less irritated about having Mr Generic alive instead.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

He's basically there for all the people who haven't played either of the previous games; a sort of new guy in the whole situation who doesn't have any ties to the past stuff, much like the hypothetical ME virgin. I've read that his dialogue changes when played with a brand new, non-imported character, with more exposition and explanation of the world and history of the series.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Finished Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Last third of the game was a drag as usual, but with a maxed-out Ranged skill and the Steyr Aug it was at least a very easy drag. And the independent ending is amazing enough to make me forget a lot of flaws.

Not sure what to play next. I still have the Witcher lying around unfinished, but I'm also tempted to do another playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas. Oh, the agony of choice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Casimir Effect
    You're asking the wrong question, it' suppose to be " Why Did I let Ashley live?"

Last edited by Ravelle; 17-06-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

His existance as a character I'm okay with and it's always great to have more ethnic representation in games, but the design is terrible. I mean, who actually looks like this beyond those guys at the gym who spend hours there every day, grunting and talking about 'juicing'. Soldiers are in good shape, but they shouldn't have the spare time or diet to be able to go full 'roid like this. Unless he channels Brucie while on duty and starts doing pullups on every door frame.
    The worst part is I can tell he's going to be hitting on my Femshep when I do that playthrough. The very thought makes me throw up a little.

As for the Batarians, I played Arrival so understand what the game is giving as a reason. But that reason isn't good enough and could have been better working off the same plot. Ultra goody-goody Shepards may volunteer to be grounded to appease the Batarians, but how is that ever going to come close to settling it? Removing one man from duty vs killing hundreds of thousands, fair deal there guys! Far better to have the Alliance turn around and say they haven't worked with you for 2+ years now - you're a Spectre and possible Cerberus ally so they take no responsibility. Then ME3 opens with you cruising around in the Normandy, dodging Batarian bounty hunters but otherwise protected from war crimes trials or official repercussions due to Spectre status.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Finished Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Last third of the game was a drag as usual, but with a maxed-out Ranged skill and the Steyr Aug it was at least a very easy drag. And the independent ending is amazing enough to make me forget a lot of flaws.
    My wife to be (not long now) is playing Bloodlines, oh my god are some of the quests contrived. I'd forgotten how often you'd go back and forth. Ugh... She just reached downtown, I wonder how she will react to her ghoul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    You're asking the wrong question, it' suppose to be " Why Did I let Ashley live?"

Because both her and Kaidan are twats, but at least Ashley can't try to pull a move on my FemShep.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    She just reached downtown, I wonder how she will react to her ghoul.
    With an endless stream of love and care, I expect. Or there will be a reckoning.