Page 342 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442842 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 24076
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I have some kind of twisted love-hate relationships with JA2 v1.13. I keep forgetting how bad it is this until I have all fancy gear and sniper rifles and how it's even worse when all enemies are snipers and mortar-guys. It's fun for a very short period of time and than it's like a second boring job with lots of recource micromanagment. Difficulty is all over the place. Enemies with half-broken pistols easily outshoot my guys with assault rifles, penetrate armor like it's nothing with regular non-AP bullets, shrug off bursts of AR fire while having nothing but a flack jacket and headshot me through a Specra Helmet next round, throw grenades perfectly while my guys throw grenades almost in the wrong direction, see my fully geared for night combar guys at night without NVG's, always detect first and interrupt etc etc. I hate that kind of difficulty settings. It's just unfair and stupid. Saveloadsaveloadsaveloadsvaeloadsaveloadsaveload. Thankfully AI is as stupid as ever.
    I tried starting a game of this the other day, made it as far as the first mission: Why the hell do my mercs keep walking backwards? I wasn't holding down ctrl or alt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Finished the main story in Escape Goat. A nice clever platformer for a while. God, people didn't exaggerate when they said that eventually it turns into SMB.
    Then the extra dungeon opened, I popped in, and... oh, delightful, the very stage selection screen is almost a SMB level by itself. Quit game, uninstall...

Played some Faerie Solitarie, see what all the talk about it being some sort of crack cocaine was about. Well, it seems they were right, it feels just like the same brand of drug-aine that PopCap creates. It was fun for a while, but I have a certain resistance to that kind of addictiveness, so ended up losing interest after 2-3 hours.

Ended up installing BlackLight: Retribution. It's... it's good. What's weird is, at the same time, I feel it has none of that "realism" pretentiousness of CoD while maintaining what's basically the very same gameplay, yet it has so many weapon customization options with all sorts of stats, that... I just don't really know where it falls. Still, it's tight, looks good, the setting is just my cup of coffee (fuck tea), and the hiper reality visor is pretty damn neat. Will probably continue playing.

I play a lot of Frozen Synapse against a friend. We know each other's moves so well that we get a lot of Draws now, but he still kicks my ass most of the time.

I feel a little bad about it, god knows I've tried, but Spelunky never clicked with me before, but now it has. So I'm just now discovering the little fucker along with the rest of console land. There's some great reading about Spelunky on the internet, such as this, this and this!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I tried starting a game of this the other day, made it as far as the first mission: Why the hell do my mercs keep walking backwards? I wasn't holding down ctrl or alt.
    Perhaps, you alt-tabed? Just push alt again and it's gone. Happened to me in Wizardry 8 too.

Obscure Node
    At the Time i'm still trying to finish Skyrim.. i really love that Game but somehow i HAVE too pause it many Times.. i can't really play it through in one Session even if i had the Time.. even though i fckin love it.

Otherwise i'm playing some Retro Games atm like Planescape Torment and Anachronox.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm mostly scheming about my Solium Infernium game while trying to rest off my wedding reception party, mostly I am dispirited the by the un-fiendlike behaviour of my peers. Do i need to unite them against me to taste some true aggression?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Damn, Mirror's Edge was short. Too short. And the story had a lot of lost potential but not that it matters or anything because I like to see that just as an excuse to do all those awesome parkour in a beautiful city!

Yeah, it's too short.

But it's one of the only games I ever remember finishing then playing straight through again right away. It very much leaves you wanting more.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    I'm trying to be a good boy and focus on one game to whittle down my backlog. Deus Ex Human Resources is on my plate at the moment, but I occasionally dip into Dredmor and X3 Albion Prelude.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I play a lot of Frozen Synapse against a friend. We know each other's moves so well that we get a lot of Draws now, but he still kicks my ass most of the time.
    Join the RPS league!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Been playing The Witcher 2 these past few days, mostly around the Flotsam area. It's been a very conflicting experience so far. On the one hand there's the great visual design, nice writing, challenging combat, and the voice actors of the Polish version do a good job (I only understand the Latin based words, but it adds to the atmosphere). But on the other there's the lacklustre performance (half the FPS of games like Skyrim and Deus Ex HR), cumbersome combat, seemingly more QuickTime events than a Tomb Raider game, the quick-control sphere and full screen journal and inventory (this isn't a console!).

I'm curious to see how it progresses though.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm mostly scheming about my Solium Infernium game while trying to rest off my wedding reception party, mostly I am dispirited the by the un-fiendlike behaviour of my peers. Do i need to unite them against me to taste some true aggression?
    Bwahahahahahaah!! Just because not everyone is parading their troops up and down the plaza infront of a giant lady-genital-shaped tower doesn't mean that there is no knife aimed at your back. Are you afraid of the dark? Do you worry that you can't fight what you can't see?

Soon, my dear Frenchman, soon...
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Damn, Mirror's Edge was short. Too short. And the story had a lot of lost potential but not that it matters or anything because I like to see that just as an excuse to do all those awesome parkour in a beautiful city!
    ME is not a game you should only be playing once. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that its greatest strength is in its massive replayability. Other than the time trials, there's also the no-gun-run where you try to avoid armed conflict for as much as possible (there is an achievement for it).