Page 350 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 22681
    Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Spec Ops: The Line. I went into it assuming I wouldn't like the cover mechanics, and I really don't. I don't know if it's especially awkward here, or if I'm just bad at it, but so much of my focus is dedicated to "slipping" in and out of cover that I start to lose awareness of what's going on around me and have little time to dedicate to strategy, or even make fairly basic decisions about how to proceed.

Now that I think of it, this is why I stopped playing DX:HR after just a few hours. Having my back to a wall for most of a game isn't a fun experience for me. The details in each level begin to seem extraneous and even distracting when so much of my attention is on finding walls, and my response becomes robotic, not adaptive.

I got the game to experience the story, and unfortunately I've also had a few problems with intel. Multiple times I never seemed to have an opportunity to review the intel at all. I was always either in the middle of a conversation, or a firefight. Reviewing previously gathered intel doesn't appear to be an option. In one case I picked up a piece of intel and died immediately after. When I restarted it was removed from the desk it had been on, and I couldn't access it.

I'm also not keen on constantly switching between weapons that never seem to have enough ammunition. The story is definitely intriguing, so perhaps I'll switch to easy and try to ignore the fact that I'm not enjoying the gun play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Limbo is a great game but the ending is almost as disappointing as ME3's.
    Not really. ME3's ending hurt so hard because you'd put dozens, perhaps hundreds of hours into these characters. Limbo is only a few hours long so any ending they gave wouldn't feel like a slap in the face.

Also, Limbo had an ending?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am enjoying APB Reloaded, playing the pvp areas. A lot of fun, but I am kicked out of the game every few minutes by PunkBuster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played a bit of the ShootMania: Storm beta. I really approve of the level editor! The movement is a bit wonky though (it slides a lot), but overall it seems like it could be pretty good fun.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Mirror's Edge. Awesome so far, great news that we may get a sequel. Probably one of the prettiest games I've ever played as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    San Andreas
    Just beat that infamous Wrong Side Of The Tracks level and it was surprisingly easy. Was I that bad at games back then? Today I even crashed a bike once and still completed it on the first arttempt. Back then I felt like only way to beat this level is to do everything perfectly, now I just cleared it no problem.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 15-07-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Network Hub
    Twin Sector- 99p in the Steam sale and I've had my eye on it for years. I can sometimes be a patient man.

Very very rough around the edges, but there is a good game there. In some ways I wish they'd given up the pretense of plot as the game looks cheapest during the pre-rendered cutscenes. If they went with a qube type aesthetic/plot it'd have probably been less work, looked better and been more professional. In any case I really like the Glove mechanics and at their best moments it can be extremely slick. The puzzles are moderately good with a decent rewarding feeling on figuring something out. Its just a shame about everything else.

Ultimately its an impressive creation for an indie title and certainly something to be proud of, but it feels like it tried to reach a little too high especially being an FPS puzzler in the wake of Portal's release.

Red Dead Redemption. Terrible controls and a UI that always requires more button presses than it should to do anything. Also I doubt that any real human cowboy ever personally killed as many folk as I have so far -- just reached Mexico.

I'm just very casually and slowly exploring the world of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It is such a versatile game. It can be played as a very tense and atmospheric shooter, or, while watching something else on another screen, I can patiently kill/knock-out (I'll regularly change my mind about that) everyone in a certain area, and then progress further towards that objective I've completely forgotten about while coolly stealthing around the place.

Also, I've started to dabble around Minecraft again, for the first time in at least a year. My god, how that's changed!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    Red Dead Redemption. Terrible controls and a UI that always requires more button presses than it should to do anything. Also I doubt that any real human cowboy ever personally killed as many folk as I have so far -- just reached Mexico.
    I still found it infinitely more engaging than GTA4 though. I don't know if it was the story or the music or a combination of other ambience elements but the game world oozed atmosphere. I wish Rockstar added this level of immersiveness to all their open world games. The GTA games prove very divisive I find; GTA1/London, GTA2 and Vice City were brilliant in that sense. The rest I couldn't get into. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Still Empire: TW, about 70 hours in now, only 2 minor nations left (see if you can guess which) and the major nations are myself (Great Britain), United Provinces (ally), Prussia, Russia, Po-Lithuania, Ottoman (ally) and Sweden. I own all of India except Ceylon (UP owns), most of the Americas apart from 2 UP regions and 2 Swenish regions, and a decent part of Europe.

Just declared war on Russia, as they were getting a bit big in Europe, and finally the AI seems to have realised there's a diplomacy window. I don't know if it's because my prestige is about 5 times the next best or that there are so few nations left that things are simpler for it to understand, but finally the computer is using diplomacy. Except it doesn't matter now for the most part. In the AI turn after I made war with Russia (who were joined by their allies Po-Lithuania), the Prussians offered me money and military access for a tech - meaning I could go through them to attack the Po-Lithuanians. I accepted, thinking "Ah-ha!". Then the Po-Lithuanians offer me money and peace in exchange for tech, Croatia and Venice, which I renegotiate to just some old tech (they didn't even have Wedge Formation) - removing them from the war meaning Russia are double-fucked. Then Russia offer a peace treaty with no strings attached - straight up peace. Obviously I refuse as by now the war is on the best terms I could ever have (no Russian allies) but the fact they tried was nice. It's just annoying that the AI is 100 turns too late with this shit. I no longer have any real need for diplomacy seeing as my armies are veteren, my troop tech is almost maxed out, my fleets contain mostly 1st-4th class ships of the line, and my income is almost 100,000 per turn; ie. I can make a full stack army appear in a few clicks.

Still, great game. Can't believe I've had this much fun with what I thought would be the black sheep of the Total War family.

Beware of the all mighty Russia! I'm currently playing as them in Medieval 2 with SS mod,and i am slowly preparing army to start taking other nations,i think Lithuania will be my first victim! buahaha :v

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    I still found it infinitely more engaging than GTA4 though. I don't know if it was the story or the music or a combination of other ambience elements but the game world oozed atmosphere. I wish Rockstar added this level of immersiveness to all their open world games. The GTA games prove very divisive I find; GTA1/London, GTA2 and Vice City were brilliant in that sense. The rest I couldn't get into. :/
    I agree that the atmosphere is phenomenal. Indeed, for me it makes all the difference. I never got into GTA because, well, I don't fancy myself as a thug/criminal. I guess that's why I mentioned the body count in my previous post -- I'd rather it wasn't like that. But I guess it doesn't seem as objectionable to me here as I'm seeing it through various layers of mythology anyway so that it seems more like slaying Orcs in a fantasy game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Eva in Peril is possibly one of the best side quests ever. And Strange Man. You'll know exactly what I mean when you play them. RDR is such a brilliant games, it's a shame it's not on PC too.

Currently splitting my gaming time in half.

On one side, Saint's Row 3. So, so much fun. It's basically GTA3 - my favourite GTA - turned up to eleven in every way. Except in music, but the mixtape idea is so good all sandbox games with radio stations should adopt it from now on. It's funny, it's zany, the mechanics are good, there's certainly plenty to do, the customisation's great and pretty much an all-around excellent sandbox adventure.

On the other side, Tribes: Ascend. I'm not a huge multiplayer person but every now and then I do get the desire for it, and the scifi style of Tribes mixed with it being F2P made it a pretty comfortable thing to try. I'm really enjoying it, and I haven't even dared to wander outside the team deathmatch mode yet. Can imagine it only gets better once I get involved with the other modes. Unlocking speed seems rather painfully slow, even with the Steam Starter Pack boost (which I got from the sales), but on the other hand I've been pretty happy with the standard load-out for the class I currently play so *shrug*.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Also, I've started to dabble around Minecraft again, for the first time in at least a year. My god, how that's changed!
    What's the last version you played? After around version 1.1 I just got bored with how routine I was playing the game, and my creative spark for building was sapped completely as well. Even in my Hardcore game I was so ridiculously succesful that it didn't feel like the world was at stake at all. So I quit Minecraft cold turkey - no playing the game, no posting on the forum, no reading the wiki, no reading the patch notes - until it got sufficiently changed that it'd cease boring me. So I'm wondering: has that happened yet?

Fuck me,was playing game for over an hour in Medieval 2 and didn't saved,suddenly i was back to the desktop,with no error screens or anything similar.

:'(

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Inspired by a lack of real football going on, I'm getting seriously into Football Manager 2012 for the first time. It's a unique experience to play in Germany with a database mod that opens up the lower leagues, because unlike Spain, your reserve team is part of the normal league structure and you can directly control them. (Without mods, you can still do this with Bremen or Stuttgart.) Get your reserves promoted to the second division and they'll be an excellent feeder team for your younger players who need match experience but aren't ready for the first team. If you want the optimal youth development process, that's probably how to do it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Fuck me,was playing game for over an hour in Medieval 2 and didn't saved,suddenly i was back to the desktop,with no error screens or anything similar.

:'(
    I believe the game autosaves at the end of each turn by default.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I believe the game autosaves at the end of each turn by default.

I noticed that yes,i had my first major fight in game against Lithuanian general,tough battle it was but i won at the end,with major casualties -.-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Right now I'm playing Steam, where I explore until I find something that either interests me or that I forgot I wanted, then I check the price and decide whether I want it or not.

In a more general sense: BF3 (though less than before), MGS: Peace Walker, Cargo: The Search For Gravity (what an excellent game that turned out to be!) and I intend to start playing Payday: The Heist from now on after having spent a handful of minutes on it for the first time today.