Page 352 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 24759
    The problem with Max Payne 2 is that it's far easier, and the bullet time mechanics are too changed, that's why it feels (and is) worse than the first.

Banned
    Try not to ice people with the pistol. Fiber wire, poison them, blow them up, whatever but it's usually infinitely more fun than just duly turning them into ragdolls.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Try not to ice people with the pistol. Fiber wire, poison them, blow them up, whatever but it's usually infinitely more fun than just duly turning them into ragdolls.
    Yes, I probably should. Perhaps it would be easier to do the fun stuff if I just eliminated these guards first...? *runs through another Hitman level shooting everyone with the pistol*

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I was reeeaally skeptical about Saints Row: The Third. It always seemed to me like a crappier, B-grade version of GTA with a weird sense of toilet humour and something about a purple dildo. As it turns out, SR3 is a crappier, B-grade version of GTA with a weird sense of toilet humour and something about a purple dildo. Does this necessarily make for a bad game? Absolutely not!

SR3 succeeds where Grand Theft Auto IV failed: mission design. I didn't even mind the overly serious story of GTA IV, although it stood in stark contrast to the out-and-out satirical game world. But the missions themselves were so unimaginative and bland compared to something like Vice City and San Andreas, whereas SR3 offers all-out over the top action right from the start.

In short: I'm really enjoying this and I was quite surprised how fast I racked up 10 hours of gameplay ...

lol why do so many people say GTA IV was serious, are you people void of humour beyond South Park and other exaggerated comedy? Do you really need canned laughter to know when you are supposed to laugh? There was tonnes of comedy in GTA IV but I think it went over most people heads.

But yeah, I love SR3 also for a different kin of humour.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    lol why do so many people say GTA IV was serious, are you people void of humour beyond South Park and other exaggerated comedy? Do you really need canned laughter to know when you are supposed to laugh? There was tonnes of comedy in GTA IV but I think it went over most people heads.
    What? I didn't state anywhere that GTA IV as a whole was too serious ...

You may want to check out that YT commentary (a very good example of what I'm referring to is found at 10:32).

Edit: Also, I explicitly did not criticize the storyline, but the bland and boring mission design. Dammit.
    Last edited by TechnoJellyfish; 16-07-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I was reeeaally skeptical about Saints Row: The Third. It always seemed to me like a crappier, B-grade version of GTA with a weird sense of toilet humour and something about a purple dildo. As it turns out, SR3 is a crappier, B-grade version of GTA with a weird sense of toilet humour and something about a purple dildo. Does this necessarily make for a bad game? Absolutely not!

SR3 succeeds where Grand Theft Auto IV failed: mission design. I didn't even mind the overly serious story of GTA IV, although it stood in stark contrast to the out-and-out satirical game world. But the missions themselves were so unimaginative and bland compared to something like Vice City and San Andreas, whereas SR3 offers all-out over the top action right from the start.

In short: I'm really enjoying this and I was quite surprised how fast I racked up 10 hours of gameplay ...
    Yeah, the main problem with gta4 was the no fun allowed approach.
    Where were the tanks? Where were the planes? The multiple helicopters (they are also very dull to fly), the bonus mission vans with the rc vehicles, the lines of elvisses to run over, why is the parachute dlc only and one time use?

The driving was a lot less enjoyable than in older gtas and the shooting has always been bad in the 3d gta games and the game was hardly a sandbox anymore.
    I got most of my fun out of the physics for pedestrians and the first 3 quarters of the storyline, but this is the first gta I never finished.
    Last edited by Finicky; 16-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Short portions of Max Payne 3, even on easy; dying is a thing you go experience a lot and with the dumb check point system I have to watch those cutscenes every time, it's really frustrating.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Still playing Dark Messiah Might & Magic. Fuck spiders, fuck goblins, fuck that fucking wurm!!

Edit: The game is still fun though. Lots of kicking involved.
    Forum janitor in training.

I'm still NOT playing Might & Magic: Heroes IV.... I've now reached the point that I've, politely (since it's not Steam's fault anyways), asked Steam Support for a refund. I'm amazed how much Ubisoft manages to piss me off with it's DRM-hell... I've always held myself for a calm, even stoic person... Hah!
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Played some of The Walking Dead last night. Taking control of your character after cutscenes is sometimes less than a smooth experience, but the story and interaction with others is pretty brilliant so far.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by internetonsetadd View Post
    Played some of The Walking Dead last night. Taking control of your character after cutscenes is sometimes less than a smooth experience, but the story and interaction with others is pretty brilliant so far.
    It's a lot better than the awful tv show that's for sure.
    The game is survival with some horror, the show is neighbours/home and away with the odd zombie, some jesus bible hugging crap and poor writing, acting and dialog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post

It's a tremendous, glorious game. I've racked up 67% hours in one play, haven't even got to 100% completion yet. Keep meaning to tie up the loose ends and then get distracted by some new absurd oppurtunity that just crops up. Have still got Gangstas in Space and the Trouble with Clones to play as well. I wish the city were bigger and more varied, but beyond that I can't fault it really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just finished The Witcher 2, following Roche for most of the game. I didn't appreciate the credits & ending shenanigans, but otherwise it was nicely wrapped up. Overall I thought it was good fun, though I definitely have a handful of issues with the game that I recognize in other people's negative reviews. In any case, I played it with the Polish audio and that was a fun experience which I like to think added to the atmosphere. If I meet a Pole, we can discuss dragons. Smok!
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 16-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Just finished The Witcher 2, following Roche for most of the game. I didn't appreciate the credits & ending shenanigans, but otherwise it was nicely wrapped up.
    I was coming to post the exact same thing.
    Now, those credits were stupidly long. If you're going to credit every person on earth at least make it at a decent speed. I could read a chapter from a book from the moment a name showed up up to the moment it left the screen.

Pressing Escape during the credits skips them and brings you to the final epilogue cutscene. You didn't have to watch them at all. Kind of weird that they said you did.

Finished Aquaria today. What a beautiful game it was! Took me around 15 hours to complete. The world you have to explore is really big and to find every location you really need a lot of time. I think I found most of the secrets, but I didnt find the Sprite Cave for example, so I need to have another look. The only thing I didnt like were some of the boss fights. Had to consult some youtube videos because I dont have the patience to find out some of the weird attack patterns you need to kill a boss. Still highly recommended!

I have stopped playing Red Orchestra 2 for now. 160 hours on the clock and still having fun, but I want to play some other things for now. But I will definitely return once Rising Storm or a new patch with new content is released!

The next days I want to dive into Day Z and see what all the fuss is about! Two of my friend also bought Arma2 during the summersale, so I wont be alone... ;)

Aquaria is one of those games I always want to give another chance to. I think it has a lot to do with some of the songs from the OST which I love.

So far the summer sale has had the effect of making me buy stuff and not play anything, but before it went live I managed to finish the first Portal 4 or 5 times (the end credits were the best part of the game, and some puzzles were real clever, especially the advanced ones). I also played some Weird Worlds, which is pretty cool in its own little, goofy way. I gotta thank icupIcannevermemorizethatnick2 who drew my attention to it, otherwise it would have collected dust in my backlog for who-knows-how-long.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Still playing Dark Messiah Might & Magic. Fuck spiders, fuck goblins, fuck that fucking wurm!!

Edit: The game is still fun though. Lots of kicking involved.
    Kicking you say? I loaded up Cargo for the first time and well I shouldn't have click that when I'm about to sleep. Those buddies are creeping me out and kicking them is apparently fun for them.. Im gonna try playing it tomorrow properly.

On the other hand, I finished Bastion for the first time, I must say its been a while since I stay and let the credits roll after playing a game. Superb soundtracks
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The Empire campaign map is easily my favourite so far. Everything looks so crisp and it isn't running anywhere near full - this alone makes my GPU fan go crazy. I long for the day I can once again play a Total War game maxed out. The only slider I need to max out these days is Unit Size, and I will sacrifice any amount of shadows and particle effects to be able to do that.
    Until I played Shogun 2 I didn't realize just how awesome the rotatable map is.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR